Rate Dr. G. Sewell

Dr. G. Sewell's Ratings

Dr. Sewell took extra time with me because he believed that my condition required it. This meant that other appointments were late. I've been on both sides of this fence and now know that any doctor who is thorough will take the necessary time. This man is a young saint. Thank you Dr. Sewell.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2012 | flag

I had an appointment for 10:45. I was there at 10:00. At 11:15, I was told that there were still 4 people ahead of me! The (still grumpy and flustered) receptionist then asked for the $45 in advance of the examination. I would have thought the machine would have been paid off by now. I did not have enough time to wait another hour or so. I therefore told her that I was leaving and would not be beac. Too bad, he is a wonderful Dr. but doesn't get out of bed early enough to see his patients.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2009 | flag

The first time I saw Dr. Sewell he was great. When I phoned back to reschedule the receptionist asked me if I was 65 years old. I told her I wasn't and she said that Dr. Sewell does not want to see patients that are 65!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!

Submitted June 25, 2009 | flag

Dr. Sewell you are great. Thank you for staying at Polo Park. But, where-oh-where did you find the receptionist that you now have? She is awful. She does not know anything, gets very confused, flustered, gives us ten different answers, very pushy, very impatient. Dr. Sewell you need to re-think her! You, on the other hand, are great. Thanks for helping our whole family with eye check-up's. Just do something about your front desk.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2008 | flag

I just saw Dr Sewell yesterday and I am happy to say that his old grumpy receptionist is GONE! Dr Sewell continues to be the great opthamoligist and MD that he always is. Very patient and answers all your questions. The $45 is for a retinal scan using state of the art equipment that Dr paid for out of pocket. It is worth that much to see my own retina for the first time. Only 8 in the province I am told.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2007 | flag

I've seen Dr. Sewell for years now and up until the last year - I thought he was great - I've been waiting for over a year to see another specialist that he wanted me to see because I have double vision and blurred vision and I still have not had an appointment made. I keep phoning and all I get is "nothing yet". I went to my family Dr for a referral and got in within a month - that specialist needed information from Dr. Sewel and it's been 6 months and Dr Sewell still hasn't forwarded any information. I asked if I could make an appointment to see Dr Sewell and pick up the documents myself for the specialist and was told no that wouldn't help at all. So, now I'm starting from scratch with an Optomitrist and getting new glasses and the whole gammit because Dr. Sewell is just too busy to help an existing patient I guess....I'm not impressed anymore!

Submitted March 27, 2007 | flag

Dr. Sewell is great. He really takes the time to explain things thoroughly and uses everyday terminology to ensure full understanding. I agree with the other comments about sanitizing-he is very conscientious. His staff at the front desk on the other hand are not, and reflect very poorly on his practice overall. I have never witnessed such a lack of professionalism!!!!

Submitted March 22, 2007 | flag

Dr. Sewell has been caring for my whole family's eyes for years. We wouldn't trust anyone else with our gift of eyesight. As for sanitizing I believe the Dr. does it himself when he enters the examining room. As for the receptionist, she could do a little less personal calls during business hours. Especially when a patient is waiting to book in or to pay.

Submitted March 6, 2007 | flag

My wife and I have used Dr. Sewells service and always found him to be thorough, helpfull and very friendly. One thing though his punctuality is terrible. Even if you are the first patient he will be late. He's never been on time, never even once.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2007 | flag

Dr. Sewell is extremely competent. He SAVED my vision and let me tell you, that is something you don't want to be without. He is trained as an optomitrist as well as an eye specialist. He knows exactly what he is doing and if you have an emergency, he will see you. He will make the time for you if you have concerns. I don't believe his wife is his receptionist, and she too is very good. She is patient and listens well. I wouldn't put my eyes in anyones elses hands.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2007 | flag