Rate Dr. J. Douglas Bosch

Dr. J. Douglas Bosch's Ratings

I have seen Bosch more than once. The first time he was pleasant and was a happy person. I had read some very bad reviews and thought it was the person who wrote the review that had a problem.....Nope....Dr. Bosch has a problem....The second more recent visit he was extremely rude and did not care that someone else was in the room...like his behaviour was to be accepted. Attitude,and a condescending tone looses my respect immediately.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr. Bosch was excellent. I went to doctor bosch with chronic sinusitus problems, multiple sinus/ear infections per year, extreme sinus pain, sinus headaches, problem breathing through my nose, tiredness, etc. Dr. Bosch determined that I have a rare disorder - Silent Sinus Syndrome (SSS). This is due to the maxillary sinuses being blocked, causing the occular floor to slowly fall down due to a negative pressure in the maxillary sinus under the eye. Through catscan results dr. bosch determined he could perform complex medial revision (opening the entrance to the maxillary), as well as fix a slightly deviated septum via septoplasty. I went into surgery approximately 2-4 months later, very nervous. Had a great anesthisiologist, and Dr.Bosch did an EXCELLENT job on both the septoplasty and the complex medial revision. He used an endoscope and catscan to map out the surgery. Waking up was the worst part - hard to breathe. Was back to work in 1 week. Better breathing, haven't had an infection

Submitted April 21, 2013 | flag

Terrible. After months of suffering, I was urgently sent to him. He did a very brief and poor examination before advising me that "there is *definitely* something wrong, but I don't know what it is. Come back in 2 months." Devastated, I left his office sobbing because I was in agony and miserable. As I was leaving, I turned around and went back in and literally begged him to help me. He begrudgingly gave me a prescription against his own judgement and sent me away, but made it clear that he was not pleased with me. After several more weeks of horrendous suffering and incredible pain, in and out of hospitals and doctor's offices, an abscess deep in my throat that could not be seen without a scope, burst. I then suffered from a serious infection as the exudate spread through my body. His job as a specialist, when he doesn't know, is TO FIND OUT! He should have done a scope and a biopsy immediately. Instead, he threw me to the wolves. What if I had had cancer? Totally irresponsible.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2012 | flag

Very disappointed in this man's haughty, arrogan, condescending attitude. He had me peggeg as overly anxious after I said about 2 sentences, and I was shocked that he was so rude. So unnecessary and unprofessional!

Submitted June 1, 2011 | flag

Dr. Bosch and his anesthetist Dr. Patterson did what another Dr. and anesthetist couldn't do. They and their OR team made me extremely comfortable with the procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Bosch.

Submitted April 1, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr.Bosch for the past 6+yrs and there's not enough words out there to say how great this Dr. is and it took me two years to find him and i have been greatfull ever since. Him and his staff are #1 in my book.

Submitted March 28, 2011 | flag

I met Dr. Bosch for my problem after few month of waiting , he was very honest and gentle and told me the truth , I don't blame Dr. Bosch for anything , I blame the Canadian system for letting people waiting for few months to meet a specialist , for the amount of tax that government take from us , I can say it's bad and don't blame Dr. Bosch , blame your government which is always hungry for more money

Submitted Nov. 11, 2010 | flag

If you want hugs and kisses from your Doctor, don't go here. If you want the best ENT in Calgary, go here. People you are not there find your new bestest friend, but to get better.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2010 | flag

AFTER A CONSIDERABLE WAITING TIME AND NO APOLOGY, THIS DOCTOR WAS RUDE, CRITICIZED COLLEAGUES, AND WAS VERY ARROGANT.

Submitted May 7, 2010 | flag

My aviation doctor referred me to Dr.Bosch and it took 9 months to get the appointment. What a HUGE disappointment after that wait. I am losing my hearing and I am constantly suffering from headaches, ear pain and re-occuring sinus and Ear Infections. I had never been to an ENT and he did not explain what he was even doing while he was shoving instruments up my nose and in my ears. After my hearing test he brought me back into the room and said "well you nose looks ok, your sinuses are alright, and you hearing is ok, so I can't give you some magic pill that will make this all go away, some special surgery!" He repeated his "magic pill" line twice and then that was it. I appreciate other peoples comments about not being coddled, but how about manners, and a tiny bit of human compassion. Dr. Bosch-You are getting paid (well) whether I die in your examination chair or not! Can I still take you up on that magic pill???

Submitted April 15, 2010 | flag