Rate Dr. J. Douglas Bosch

Dr. J. Douglas Bosch's Ratings

I have heard very good things about Dr. Bosch, and he does seem to be a good doctor who knows his stuff. But he certainly doesn't have much bedside manner, and in my opinion he was looking at me as just a throat, and not a real human patient with symptoms and concerns. If you want your problem dealt with, great - but don't expect much sympathy or love from the man!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2639614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

I have been a patient of dr Bosch for over 6 years now. If you are looking for a dr who is the best in his field then this the the dr for you. Sure wait times can be long but there is a reason for that and it is not his fault blame the Canadian health care system. I work out of town and am gone a lot of the time. They have always been very accommodating to my schedule. I have never been treated rudely at all by him or any of his staff. I have nasal polyps and he has treated the condition effective and with professionalism every time I have seen him. He is always willing to answer any questions or concerns I may have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I have seen Bosch more than once. The first time he was pleasant and was a happy person. I had read some very bad reviews and thought it was the person who wrote the review that had a problem.....Nope....Dr. Bosch has a problem....The second more recent visit he was extremely rude and did not care that someone else was in the room...like his behaviour was to be accepted. Attitude,and a condescending tone looses my respect immediately.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2014

Dr. Bosch was excellent. I went to doctor bosch with chronic sinusitus problems, multiple sinus/ear infections per year, extreme sinus pain, sinus headaches, problem breathing through my nose, tiredness, etc. Dr. Bosch determined that I have a rare disorder - Silent Sinus Syndrome (SSS). This is due to the maxillary sinuses being blocked, causing the occular floor to slowly fall down due to a negative pressure in the maxillary sinus under the eye. Through catscan results dr. bosch determined he could perform complex medial revision (opening the entrance to the maxillary), as well as fix a slightly deviated septum via septoplasty. I went into surgery approximately 2-4 months later, very nervous. Had a great anesthisiologist, and Dr.Bosch did an EXCELLENT job on both the septoplasty and the complex medial revision. He used an endoscope and catscan to map out the surgery. Waking up was the worst part - hard to breathe. Was back to work in 1 week. Better breathing, haven't had an infection

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

Terrible. After months of suffering, I was urgently sent to him. He did a very brief and poor examination before advising me that "there is *definitely* something wrong, but I don't know what it is. Come back in 2 months." Devastated, I left his office sobbing because I was in agony and miserable. As I was leaving, I turned around and went back in and literally begged him to help me. He begrudgingly gave me a prescription against his own judgement and sent me away, but made it clear that he was not pleased with me. After several more weeks of horrendous suffering and incredible pain, in and out of hospitals and doctor's offices, an abscess deep in my throat that could not be seen without a scope, burst. I then suffered from a serious infection as the exudate spread through my body. His job as a specialist, when he doesn't know, is TO FIND OUT! He should have done a scope and a biopsy immediately. Instead, he threw me to the wolves. What if I had had cancer? Totally irresponsible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

Very disappointed in this man's haughty, arrogan, condescending attitude. He had me peggeg as overly anxious after I said about 2 sentences, and I was shocked that he was so rude. So unnecessary and unprofessional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Dr. Bosch and his anesthetist Dr. Patterson did what another Dr. and anesthetist couldn't do. They and their OR team made me extremely comfortable with the procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Bosch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr.Bosch for the past 6+yrs and there's not enough words out there to say how great this Dr. is and it took me two years to find him and i have been greatfull ever since. Him and his staff are #1 in my book.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I met Dr. Bosch for my problem after few month of waiting , he was very honest and gentle and told me the truth , I don't blame Dr. Bosch for anything , I blame the Canadian system for letting people waiting for few months to meet a specialist , for the amount of tax that government take from us , I can say it's bad and don't blame Dr. Bosch , blame your government which is always hungry for more money

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2010

If you want hugs and kisses from your Doctor, don't go here. If you want the best ENT in Calgary, go here. People you are not there find your new bestest friend, but to get better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770917].votes_count ]]