You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Bow

Dr. Michael Bow's Ratings

He is amazing! When one u/s showed decreased amniotic fluid, he phoned me personally, explained what he saw and booked me another u/s right away.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I really like Dr. Bow. He is a very busy guy but will answer any questions you have. He is very to the point which is what I like. I never feel worried or stressed coming out of an appointment. He's made all my options clear to me and now it's just waiting and seeing what happens in my final weeks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

When I got pregnant with an IUD I tried talking to him about my situation he told me that "all pregnant women are stressed". I found him to be incredibly dismissive & patronizing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Just mean and unkind. The staff informed me that I had gestational diabetes by telling me I "won the lottery". I was devastated and the sarcasms was not appreciated at all. He told me conflicting information about my ultrasounds and when I questioned it, he made me feel like an idiot and I am a nurse. I felt like cattle being herder through his office. My next OB/GYN was much better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2745164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Poor manners. I don't like him at all. Hate having to wait for him 45mins to 1hr. He is always behind schedule. He does not give you the chance to address your concerns or anything. I feel rushed everytime i see him. Seriously considering changing him as my obgyn because i can't stand him and his work ethic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2715270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

Iv had dr bow for two of my pregnancys and now my third. Drs are very busy ppl and if they cannot make it to birth your child,be thankful someone else can. U just have to real. Your pregnancys prity much how u make it. I just like going with the flow but ya he is a very amazing dr and has helped me out very well. Cant Thank U Enough Dr Bow!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2613489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Poor bed side manner. I waited a long time to be able to have an OBGYN. I was excited to finally address some concerns that my GP couldn't handle. I got there and never got say or ask anything I needed to. He interrupted me a lot and talked over me a lot. I almost left that office crying. How can a Dr not address concerns in a persons history before sending you for a procedure? What if that missing information would have been key to the procedure? He is not very good with post op recovery information either. I didn't feel good after talking to him. This Dr is not for me. Too insensitive considering the nature of his work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2013

great doctor makes you feel your in the right place gives it to u straight and gets it done no fooling around. reat bedside manner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2011

I did an extensive research when looking for an obgyn for my first pregnancy. I was convinced that Dr. Bow is the best (or one of the best) in Edmonton. Little did I know! From the very first visit I told Dr. Bow that I want an elective C-section, he agreed and scheduled me for one. Only two weeks left to my surgery, he informed me that he wont be able to attend at my surgery because he has to be in his office! It was so stressful for me! He said this other doctor who I had never met will be my surgeon! Funny, the day of my surgery, I saw him at the hospital! (I guess he wasn't in his office!). Aside from his irresponsibility he made a misdiagnosis. In my week 37 he told me that the baby has turned and is in head-down position, again the same thing in week 38! When they opened me up, my surgeon, Dr. Baydock, said loudly and surprisingly "THE BABY IS BREACHED!!". I would not go to Dr. Bow nor would I recommend it to any mom to be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2010

The best. I tell all my friends if they want a thorough, compassionate doctor, then he is the one to go to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791719].votes_count ]]