Rate Dr. Michael Bow

Dr. Michael Bow's Ratings

Poor bed side manner. I waited a long time to be able to have an OBGYN. I was excited to finally address some concerns that my GP couldn't handle. I got there and never got say or ask anything I needed to. He interrupted me a lot and talked over me a lot. I almost left that office crying. How can a Dr not address concerns in a persons history before sending you for a procedure? What if that missing information would have been key to the procedure? He is not very good with post op recovery information either. I didn't feel good after talking to him. This Dr is not for me. Too insensitive considering the nature of his work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2013

great doctor makes you feel your in the right place gives it to u straight and gets it done no fooling around. reat bedside manner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2011

I did an extensive research when looking for an obgyn for my first pregnancy. I was convinced that Dr. Bow is the best (or one of the best) in Edmonton. Little did I know! From the very first visit I told Dr. Bow that I want an elective C-section, he agreed and scheduled me for one. Only two weeks left to my surgery, he informed me that he wont be able to attend at my surgery because he has to be in his office! It was so stressful for me! He said this other doctor who I had never met will be my surgeon! Funny, the day of my surgery, I saw him at the hospital! (I guess he wasn't in his office!). Aside from his irresponsibility he made a misdiagnosis. In my week 37 he told me that the baby has turned and is in head-down position, again the same thing in week 38! When they opened me up, my surgeon, Dr. Baydock, said loudly and surprisingly "THE BABY IS BREACHED!!". I would not go to Dr. Bow nor would I recommend it to any mom to be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2010

The best. I tell all my friends if they want a thorough, compassionate doctor, then he is the one to go to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2008

Dr. Bow was my obstetrician throughout my pregnancy and afterwards, and he was FANTASTIC. I had a twins pregnancy, so I was at high risk for complications, but he prepared me for what kind of complications might come up and what kind of treatment we would be given if those situations did arise. When some of that happened, I knew exactly what to expect and he was there to look after me and make sure we were all ok. By the end of the pregnancy I was receiving home visits every couple of days from nurses, and he was checking their reports. In the end, the babies were born healthy and well. I had some complications from delivery, but he followed up thoroughly on those, and referred me to several other specialists who also took good care of me. In those follow-ups he caught a complication that required surgery (which went well), and he also was genuinely interested in my overall well-being, mental and physical. Overall, he was excellent in every way and I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2008

Dr. Bow was my OB/GYN for both my kids. He was kind and helpful. I would recommend him for anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2008

I had Dr. Bow as my OB for my first pregnancy... He has a wonderful bedside manner. He was very approachable and always open to answering my questions. I had other health concerns while I was pregnant and he made sure I was well taken care of. He called me at home to check on me after a scare in the ER. I loved his excitement for my pregnancy and the birth of my child. I would recommend Dr. Bow to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2008

Overall experience was wonderful. This was my second section, and everything went better than I thought. He is very calm, attentive and answered all my questions without rush. Wait times varied but were reasonable and to be expected. Staff is extremely friendly and efficient. I originally was hesitant to have a male doctor but he came highly recommended by my family doctor - I'm happy she convinced me. There is no doubt I will recommend him to others and see him again for my next pregnacy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

Had to wait alot for apts, when he is delivering. Had complications from a c-section he did on me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2008

After I found out I was pregnant with twins I was referred to Dr.Bow. I found him to be very helpful, it turned out I had to go in for an emergency c-section, I was a little scared to say the least but he was wonderful in calming my fears and making me feel at ease. I would highly recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791713].votes_count ]]