Rate Dr. Doug Eggertson

Dr. Doug Eggertson's Ratings

I saw Dr. Eggertson for the first time today. I have dealt with doctors for the past 35 years and must say that Dr. Eggertson was most thorough, professional and caring I have seen in a very long time. If you are looking for real help in this specialty see Dr. Eggertson.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I was going to Dr. Eggertson for awhile, but I have finally changed to another neurologist. The reason was that Dr. Eggertson always seemed to want me in and out of his office as soon as possible. My last appointment took 3 min. (I timed it). While that may seem bad already, he also left the office two times during that 3 min. I was very concerned about some things, but he never even gave me a chance to ask him one question. He just gave me a prescription and raced out the door. If you are looking for a doctor who cares, he's not the one for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1794128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Eggertson for the past 2 years. I have always been treated excellently by his staff. I always feel well taken care of, and my questions are always answered. Dr. Eggertson is always friendly, caring and him and I always have a good laugh together.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1794127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2011

i went to go see this doctor about my back a while back and he told me to wait for an mri i got an mri and then i jsut got a call today saying he doesn't wanna follow up anymore on me and i need to look elsewere what is with this crap, horrible and unreliable i waiting 3 weeks before he decided he was done with me and my new doctor just booked me for surgery in under, thank goodness i looked for a new doctor while i waited. i don't recommend this doctor to anyone with anything possibly serious as you might never hear back from him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1794129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

On my 1st visit he checked my reflexes. After ever Q&A he left the office for 2 minutes. Which was 4 times and anoying. Where did he go, GOOGLE? He gave me a new med which turned out to be a better one than I was on. He also was to book a MRI. He said that I was to go to my family doctor from now on. What no follow up? Waited 2 weeks and no letter for my MRI. I phoned and was told to be patient. One more week went by and I phoned again. Was told that no MRI was booked??????? I'm off work till they figure this thing out. Now my family doctor has booked a MRI.I could of at least been on the MRI waiting list but no. This cost me one more month of time off.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1794126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2010

Dr. Eggertson has been my neurologist for over 10 years. I have always found him helpful, concerned and informative. I feel I am blessed to have a neurologist that really hears my MS concerns. I have never found him dismissive or uncaring...patients need to learn to communicate with their doctors...if you really cannot open up....they hit a brick wall. Again, I would say...wonderful neurologist who has always taken care of me...even with Rx call ins, and random calls due to exacerbation of symptoms. Thank you so much....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1794125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2010

Saw dr for numbness in left hand and arm. I was there for the first appt in the afternoon, 1 pm. He called me in at 1:25 and I was out at 1:29. In those four minutes he performed nerve conduction tests and said it wasn't carpal tunnel syndrome. In the 7 months after that, I saw another neurologist, a neurosurgeon and had a cervical laminectomy to cut portions of bone out of 3 discs in my neck, which was causing the numbness. If he had bothered to ask any more questions or look at more symptoms, my severe central spinal stenosis may have been discovered earlier and I would not have lost the last 4 months being in constant, excruciating pain and now looking at many months of recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1794124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2010

This was my first visit to Dr E, but I found him very helpful and thorough in what we discussed. I have seen previous neurologists and neurosurgeons and no one could figure out what was wrong, but he knew right away. I'll hate the day I have to stop seeing him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1794123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2009

I have been sent to Dr. Eggerston for tests and always find him to be kind, caring, professional and he has a great sense of humour. If I needed to see a neurologist for an ongoing basis I would definitely want him to be my doctor. His office staff is also friendly and efficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1794122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2009

Dr. Eggertson has been my doctor for many years, I find him an excellent doctor! Very professional knowledgeable and funny. His staff is of the utmost in superior customer service. Thank you for being in Winnipeg!!! you and your staff are a godsend..... sincerely, a happy satisfied patient of yours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1794121].votes_count ]]