Rate Dr. Ian McLeod

Dr. Ian McLeod's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr McLeod for 33 years, he is trustworthy, knowledgable and genuinely kind caring doctor each and every year. When was the last time your doctor called you at home after hours to provide immediate test results and consultation? Dr McLeod called me just last month to provide assistance. I would highly recommend him as a primary family physician to anyone who can return the same consideration.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2012 | flag

I've been going to Dr. McLeod for my whole life and he and his staff are amazing. He is very nice and takes his time. Really makes you feel like you are worth his time.

Submitted April 18, 2011 | flag

The staff are super friendly and efficient--very accomodating and helpful. Dr. McLeod is incredibly easy to talk to, knowledgable and compassionate. Has no false pride and when he feels another opinion is in order, he arranges it. He has always been right in his diagnosis-- no surprises from the experts. I trust his judgement completely after so many years of practising. He has finely honed listening skills and adresses all concerns to satisfaction. Now that I'm entering my golden years and seem to be needing more visits I feel very fortunate to have such a caring and knowledgable doctor. Keeps up to date too.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. McLeod is absolutely one of the finest GP's in Ontario. He is very experienced and knowledgeable. His diagnostic skills are unmatched. Unfortunately his practice is closed to new patients.

Submitted Oct. 5, 2010 | flag

I've written before ( 12/3/07 ). My review of this doctor was all 5+ because he's excellent. Recently our son needed to go see him - even though he's been our doctor for over 30+ years, our son was told that he no longer is his doctor because he hasn't been in to see him in 5 years. Our son said he hasn't been ill and didn't need to go in and waste the doctors time for no reason given the state of health care in this country -- anyhow, our son who has only had one doctor his entire life... is being penalized and doesn't have a family physician simply because he didn't make an appointment to see Dr. McLeod when there was no reason to. My opinion of Dr.McLeod has certainly changed recently, mostly due to office policy but not due to capability or competence. I think at some point, they need to help the healthy stay that way and not play the (patient) numbers game.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2009 | flag

Dr. Ian McLeod has been my family doctor since i was a kid, i scheduled a physical a long while back and was told that if i wasnt feeling ill that it isnt necessary. when i was ill he fixed me up right away. it has been 9 years since i have needed a doctor and when i called to try to get in i was told he will not accept me. that is fine it has been 9 years of good health. but i need a family doctor for my aging grandparents that are going to come and live with me... i was in mid question of asking for a recommendation and i was hung up on by his receptionist. Dr. McLeod though is top notch. if you can get in.

Submitted May 20, 2009 | flag

Dr. McLeod was my Mother's doctor and she thought the world of him. I went to school with him and found that he answered my questions about both my Mother and Father's health in depth. However, if he had listened to an 80 year old woman when she told of the pain in her back, her cancer might have been caught in time and she wouldn't have had to suffer for so long. It was horrific. But, I would recommend him to anyone in Windsor lucky enough to be able to get into his practice.

Submitted May 13, 2009 | flag

I no longer go to Dr. McLeod because I moved away, but when I was there his staff were incredible and he was even more so. You cannot find a doctor as great as Dr. M anywhere...I've tried with no success.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2008 | flag

Dr. McLeod has been my family's doctor since the birth of my first child. He has seen us through many ups and downs and has always been approachable, knowledgeable and open. He listens to what you say and doesn't jump to conclusions, but weighs the options. He will refer if necessary without hesitation. I loved his old office staff...Maureen and Judy were saints. His new staff are not as approachable, but that's not his fault. Joan, I must say, is lovely. I dread the day Dr. M. retires, and hope it isn't anytime soon. He's been the best doctor I've ever had.

Submitted June 12, 2008 | flag

Dr. McLeod has been my GP for 33 years until recently when I moved from Windsor.Definitely a great loss to me.He has been a great diagnostician and has a wealth of knowledge and resources.Always kind and genuine without judgement.I will sincerely miss him as my GP.

Submitted May 1, 2008 | flag