Rate Dr. Andrew Porter

Dr. Andrew Porter's Ratings

If he tell you that your cartilage can not heal/regrow. he is lieing. cartilage can heal. only thing that stops it is the arthritis drugs you are on. they block proteoglycans that allow cartilage and bone to heal. sure cartilage has poor blood supply but it gain's it's nutrients through movement. the movement of a joint allows synovial fluid to enter to joint and that is how the cartilage get's it's nutrients and is how it heals and rebuilds. the only way a joint replacment is needed is if you get 0 movement from a joint. if you are getting any movement from a joint still it can heal and rebuild. It is slow for cartilage to heal though depending how bad you are it takes 3-5 years. the info is out there just got to find it. but a lot of it is tampered with because doctor's do not want you to know this. I forgot to mention nervous system plays a big role in this and it needs to be checked for this to work. I know a lot of people will not believe me

Submitted June 7, 2014 | flag

In April 2010, I fractured my left femur, and was placed under Dr. Porter's care, as he was the doctor on call the weekend I was ambulanced to the hospital. At the time of my injury, I was in need of having knee replacement surgery on both knees and had planned on having another surgeon do those surgeries. However, I was so pleased with the surgery that Dr. Porter did on my femur invovlving a plate and multiple screws and pins (that he will remove in early 2012), that I decided to have him do my knee replacement surgeries as well. My right knee was done in June and I am very happy with the result. I continue to be under Dr. Porter's care and find him to be a skilled surgeon who is very professional, and also shows respect for me as a patient in not 'talking down' to me and in how he explains my options. I have no hesitation in highly recommending him.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2011 | flag

My first experience with Dr. Porter during and after emergency knee surgery left me literally in tears. Emotionally, his bedside manner was hard to take -- even though I was warned about it. That being said, he went above and beyond to fit me in and was clearly working many hours. My complicated knee surgery has, so far, been a great success.I could hardly find the nerve to go to my follow-up appointment though, and then was shocked to find a happy and knowledgable guy who is clearly one of the best in his field. He smiled alot at the office appointment and was wonderful. I think he even cracked a joke. Maybe I just caught him on a bad two-days the first time ...

Submitted Aug. 16, 2011 | flag

Awesome surgeon, knows his stuff! You can feel 100 secure under his care!

Submitted July 31, 2011 | flag

Very helpful & professional. He finally diagnosed what 2 other doctors missed. I opted to go private for my surgery vs the VERY long wait through BC Med. I have no regrets, the treatment I received was exceptional. Dr Porter is a great guy & totally understood my need to get back to playing sports. What a relief that someone finally listened!

Submitted July 6, 2011 | flag

Saw Dr. Porter privately for a 3-year-old injury. Unfortunately he did not feel that surgery was the best option in my case at this time. He did offer me other options though, gave me a prescription for a proper knee brace and for a joint lubricator. He also referred me to another doctor for a second opinion. He did more for me in that one appointment than all the other doctors I've seen in the last 3 years.

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag

I broke my femur just about a year ago. I hit a stump well snowboarind and split it in two. HE did an amazing job. He placed a rod in my femure and two pins in my knee and one in my hip. I am running and waling with no hip. It is as if i did not have have the surgery. Highly recomended if you have him your in good hands. Only in the hospital for three days. Keep up the good work!

Submitted March 18, 2011 | flag

Excellent care of broken ankle. Answered questions and showed x-rays, provided detailed information when I asked. Very knowleagble and cares about healing and return to mobility. Gives options and leaves the choice up to patients. So glad to have had him for my unexpected surgery with pins and screws for broken ankle.

Submitted March 14, 2011 | flag

Appears to be up on the latest research and likes to speak to you like you're a fellow surgeon - you're like "what did he just say?". The little guy is very intelligent - makes us seem like fools. You have to ask him questions as he does not volunteer too much. He did an awesome job rebuilding my ankle. I think for a surgeon you want skills more than bedside manner, so he has my support.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2010 | flag

I thought he was the biggest prick I have ever met and was about 2 seconds from drop kicking him in the face. Has no respect for fellow health care workers and told me that my pain was manageable. What does he know about my pain? He in know way listened to what I had to say, and was very eager to dismiss me and my claims. He should go piss up a rope.

Submitted June 17, 2010 | flag