Rate Dr. Ruky Ugwumba

Dr. Ruky Ugwumba's Ratings

Excellent doctor. Compassionate, caring, and takes the time to diagnose and treat you appropriately.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2010 | flag

I had to book weeks in advance for a new patient appointment, only to get a call from the miserable front desk staff telling me that my appointment was cancelled as she would not be in the office that day and to call back and reschedule. upon calling to reschedule, i was told that she was no longer accepting new patients so that my appointment would not be honoured. I said that HER OFFICE had cancelled my appointment, to which the secretary told me that my appointment was cancelled because I had been wrongly booked. I asked her why I was asked to reschedule if that was the case, to which she said that in between the time that THEY had cancelled my appointment and the time I called back, she had decided not to accept new patients and my appointment would not be rebooked. I was absolutely disgusted

Submitted Jan. 4, 2010 | flag

I have been seeing Dr U for 3 years now. She has seen me through 2 pregnancies in this time. I feel very comfortable with her and now that I live 45 minutes away I am keeping her on as my doctor b/c I know I'll never find someone like here again!

Submitted March 8, 2007 | flag

I went to see this dr. when mine left and was left waiting for 2 hours with a 6mth old and a 3 year old. She rushed in and out within minutes. The next time I went to see her I had to wait for 1 1/2 hours and then she told me to completely go off of my med and try something else. I since have found a great dr, but when I tried to get our charts transfered she had her receptionist call me on a Sunday and ask why I was leaving. She still has not transfered my chart despite it being requested 4 times and having my now dr. call her directly.

Submitted March 7, 2007 | flag

She is amazing. Her staff is unorganized but it is hard to get good help these days.

Submitted March 6, 2007 | flag

I found Dr Ugwumba to be very patient and helpful. I had a family Dr for 15 years and was never given a physical or any kind. Being a woman, this should have been done every year. Dr U made sure I was put through every test needed to ensure health. The only complain I have it her HORRIBLE STAFF- I believe the management of the admin staff accounts for many patients waiting and being backed up. Also, I was told in the waiting room, with several people sitting waiting, personal test results by one of the admin staff- Not Professional at ALL. I was scheduled to have an ultrasound and gave my information to her admin, I was not called after that to inform me of my ultrasound appointment date. I was called my the ultrasound tech 2 days before my appointment to confirm- I was not able to attend the appointment... again, Admin staff is horrible!

Submitted Feb. 26, 2007 | flag

Although at times you do have to wait to see Dr.Ugwumba, it is worth it, and I haven't been to too many doctors where you don't have to wait. She really will sit down and talk to you about all the aspects of your life, medical and family issues. She may seem to rush at times to give you medication but that is probably because she wants to help you immediately, not wait until another problem occurs. If you are concerned about time, book an appointment where you are first or last in the day.The new receptionist is also an improvement.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2007 | flag

Dr. Ugwumba is fantastic. I have very high expectations from medical professionals and I find Dr. Ugwumba fabulous!! It is true that her office staff isn't great, but this amazing lady makes up for it and she is definitely trying to find a better receptionist. When I first met Dr. Ugwumba, I was a little intimidated and considered leaving, but I decided to give her a chance and I am so glad I did! It's true that the wait can be long, but one day when I was feeling really bad Dr. Ugwumba spent 1/2 an hour with me, so now I totally respect the wait because I know that she is helping someone just like she helped me!

Submitted Feb. 23, 2007 | flag

She is very approachable and seems happy to see you, even on her bad days. The only draw back that I have is lack of suitable parking when going to see her.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2007 | flag

I too was very dissapointed with her tardiness. I showed up twice to her not even coming to work that day. I don't know if she realizes that we all have jobs too. After my son was born, I switched Dr's as I was not going to put him thru the wait also.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2007 | flag