Dr. Elizabeth Lythgoe

Rate Dr. Elizabeth Lythgoe

Dr. Elizabeth Lythgoe's Ratings

My uncle had Dr. Lythgoe perform his cateract surgery. She completely botched his "routine" operation. Not only did she ruin his vision, when he came out of surgery he looked like someone had beaten him. His face was so badly bruised, it was nothing less than disturbing. My grandparents lived in Horizon Village in Red Deer and reported that other friends of their's had the same experience as my Uncle. My Grandmother had her cataract surgery in Wetaskinwin and had excellent results.

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lythgoe is one of the best doctors I know of when it comes to eye care. Educated, direct approach, practical, well respected and knowledgeable. Her level of care is above any I have ever seen and her knowledge is off the charts. You do have to wait to see her but when you figure she sees about 60 people a day, you have to give her credit for being run off her feet. This is not a result of overbooking but representative of the shortage of doctors in AB and the impact her schedule takes when she has to see emergencies cases. I would wait all day to see this woman especially when ti comes to the care of my eyes. I think she's the best

Submitted April 14, 2013 | flag

Dr. L. is overbooking herself and is not spending enough quality time with her patients.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2013 | flag

Submitted Aug. 4, 2012 | flag

I had my left cataract surgery in 2007 and my right early this month. Both experiences were positive. This time I had very short waits for appts in the waiting room, an expedient hospital visit, and my surgery seems to be 100%. Yes, Dr. Lithgoe is busy, however also took the time for a few personal comments at the office visit. At the hospital I found her to be super busy, yet cheerful, having fun, and very supporting with a personal connection. I would highly recommend Dr. Lithgoe

Submitted March 16, 2012 | flag

I just had my visit today with Dr. Lythgoe and found her to be very competent and easy to talk to. I read some of the comments before my appointment ...was almost afraid to keep my appointment well I found her to be most friendly so much so I have booked another appointment with her.Staff amazing as well... good experience.... :-)

Submitted Feb. 17, 2012 | flag

this woman needs to think of her patients time that she wastes on people coming in at 8 am THEN told its a 4-6 hour wait!!!!B.S.. IF THEY TELL YOU 8AM,THEN PATIENTS SHOULD BE SEEN WITHIN AN HOUR,NOT 4-6 HOURS. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME HERE,GO ELSE WHERE I DID.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2012 | flag

This doctor is the most arrogant and rude doctor I have ever met. She is known to be very knowledgable but her interaction with patients is unbelievable rude. She should use her vast knowledge and expertise and go into research and not have any dealings with patients. I would rate her compassion as zero. We waited for three hours, which is fine as we expected that. What we didn't expect was her rudeness and lack of feeling. I have to say her staff was very pleasant and helpful. I can't imagine what it must be to work for someone like that. She saw my brother who had lost vision in one eye from a horrific vehicle accident. He had lost everything in his life, his livlihood, family, partial vision and will be in chronic pain the rest of his life. I'd like to thank her for taking someone in this state and grinding his self esteem a little bit futher down in the dirt. There are other doctors, find them and save yourself the torture of seeing this one.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2011 | flag

I had just had a cataract surgery done by Dr. Lythgoe and I can say that I am more than 100% satisfied with the results. Of course there are risks with any surgery but she explains that to you beforehand. It's the first time that I can see clearly after about 8 years of blurred vision with glasses or contact lenses. Now I don't need either. I think she is only one of two eye surgeons in central Alberta, so yes she is extremely busy.I have also seen an ophthalmologist in Calgary and he put me on a years' waiting list for the surgery, but Dr. Lythgoe usually does your surgery after 4 weeks from your time of examination. I think she is a miracle worker. My dad just had his eye done by her too and his results are great.I highly recommend her.********

Submitted Aug. 29, 2010 | flag

I think that Dr. Lythgoe is a good Doctor. She warns people ahead of time that you are going to wait for 2 hrs and the first time I didn't know this I was annoyed. The second time I knew what I was getting into so no problem. Do I like it? No I perfer Doctors who value their patients time as much as their own. We choose our professions and we need to respect others. She was not rude to me but pleasant. I did find that the tests I had to take two days off of work for could of been done in one day. For the 2 hrs that they keep you waiting you could have the other test done. I do wonder how much physicians charge for the work that gets done.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2010 | flag