Rate Dr. Kanta Dave

Dr. Kanta Dave's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

One of the best Physicians that I have ever been under care by, she actually did everything that she possibly could in dealing with my illness. She went above and beyond her care for me.
I would also recommend her to anyone that needs a doctor. She makes my world a better place to live in. She is a very good doctor in Calgary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

THE WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD. When my mother came in to her office complaining about pain she was feeling in her back and stomach. Dr. Kanta Dave didn't do anything about it, she jut found excuses to her pain. Then few months later my mother pain worsened. We went to another family doctor and found out that my mother had Stage 3 Stomach cancer and had little time to live. If Dr. Kanta Dave GENIALLY cared about her patients and didn't work JUST FOR THE MONEY, she could have caught the cancer earlier when it just developed when my mother came in to her office complaining about the pain. Because of her my mother DIED of cancer, leaving three children behind with a father. She is the reason for my mothers death. Her carelessness and lack of knowledge took my mothers life. I advice all of you reading this, change doctors IMMEDIATELY. It will be the best decision of your LIFE. I wish we did, may be my mom would still be around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2014

Dr. Dave is one of the best and most respected GPs in Calgary. Unfortunately doctors especially GPs have to deal with all kinds of people and a few of the bad seeds have left negative reviews here. Dr Dave has thousands of patients who love and respect her but it’s always the complainers that tend to write a bad review. You can't please everyone and I’m sure she must have to deal with some horrible people, namely some of the ones on this site. I have never met a doctor who goes above and beyond for her patients and cares for them the way that Dr Dave does. She still does house calls to attend to her elderly patients and her patients are like family to her. In turn, they love her and are so grateful to her. I have never seen a doctor’s office so full of gifts before! Every time I visit her office, there are patients leaving all kinds of gifts and cards. Also, Dr Dave has received numerous awards for her treatment towards immigrants and refugees in Calgary. Her patients simply adore her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

This month Aug 2013- 6mo after my Annual pap the Dr's office calls me to tell me Im due for my annual pap. I told the receptionist I was just there in MARCH! They said, OH OK sorry. I said - wait! Can u tell me my results, check my file? She check's my file and cant find the lab results. She says to call back Monday (it was a Saturday) because they prob cant reach the lab on a Saturday. Monday comes and nobody calls me,I call them. They tell me to call back Tuesday. The lab told them they never received my swab. My swab never made it to the lab. DR. KANTA DAVE LOST MY TEST. I have never been so horrified in my life. I had a surgery 3.5 yrs ago to scrape cancerous cells of my cervix and they LOST MY SWAB.This DR is an imbecile who probably bought her PhD at a flea market.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1820025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2013

Dr Dave is a caring and exceptionally competent and knowledgeable doctor. She takes no chances. If she believes there is something wrong, she is on her toes to make the appropriate recommendations. I have been her patient including my husband and three children over 10 years. I was never disappointed with her diagnosis nor with her treatments. She might sometimes come across like she is in a hurry but that is not because she wants to move on to the next patient and get rid of you. It is because her problem solving skills so strong as such that she knows the problem and the solution. If anyone needs an actual doctor, she is the person to contact. She is personable, optimistic, very well informed human being who cares for you. Her qualities as a physician and person far exceeded my expectations. I have the comfort of knowing that my family is in good hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1820024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Do not go to this Dr. She is not qualified to make any medical decisions. She is only concerned about how many billings she can charge for. The sleeve on her blood pressure monitor is so old the vicro strips do not stick anymore. How can you get an accurate reading for your blood pressure. Is this not important in health monitoring. Her office is very busy as she takes anybody. And the office is very dirty. Find another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1820051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Doctor Dave is both a wonderful person and an exceptionally competent physician. I have been her patient since leaving my paediatrician and have never once felt that my treatment was subpar. My sister and mom are also her patients and feel no less content with her practice than I. My mom even considers Dr. Dave a friend. My brother is a diabetic and couldn't get an appointment with his doctor when he needed one so Dr. Dave took him on regardless of the fact that he's not her regular patient. She is extremely compassionate and knows my family by name and what is going on in our lives. Maybe these people who are complaining about being "ignored" aren't very personable themselves? I will admit that sometimes there is a bit of a wait at the office but nothing that a magazine can't cure. The occasional wait is because she usually tries to get you in the day of or the subsequent couple of days. What other doctor does that? Her knowledge thus far has proven to be flawless in my experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1820022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of growing up with Dave Kanta as my family doctor. (I'm reluctant to use the "Dr." title since she doesn't really live up to the accreditation). It wasn't until I entered university - and started visiting the doctors there - that I realized how subpar of a doctor she really is. Amongst other things, she attempted to prescribe antibiotics for a VIRAL infection; she insisted that I must be adopted due to her grotesque misunderstanding of blood groups; she lost track of my vaccine record; she did not conduct proper physicals (not testing for testicular cancer for young patients who are most at risk ); and she more-or-less pushed Tylenol as a universal elixir of life. I will never go back to this doctor because, frankly, she would do more harm than good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1820021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2012

I've seen her for over 2 yrs. on a reguler basis but she still dosen't know my name. She was suppose to fax a referral to the ob/gyn of my preference (with 4.5 rating) 2 months ago who didn't reply and she didn't follow-up. By the time I followed-up with the ob/gyn, it was too late to give me an appointment when I needed it. Moreover, I came to know that she actually didn't fax them any referral. Now I've to see the ob/gyn of Dr. Dave's preference (who has little experience and no rating yet; nothing at all in the internet!) 2 weeks after the scheduled date. It's almost impossible to talk to her. She doesn't listen to the patient and makes them feel unwelcomed. The worst thing that happened is she (or her staff) send my contact numbers to the radiology with another parient's name and they called me to book an appointment when I wasn't expecting it. As I informed her, all she said is to ask her receptionist to check if MY FILE's information is correct! after 2 yrs!Would never recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1820020].votes_count ]]