Rate Dr. Ron Bentham

Dr. Ron Bentham's Ratings

When I was little, I had full dental coverage through my dad's work. I remember Dr. Bentham saying things to me like "wouldn't you love to have pretty gold fillings?" Thank God I didn't.

Every time I left his office I would have six or seven new fillings at the expense of my dad's work. He tried to give me braces, veneers, all kinds of things.

My dad noticed something fishy back in the day, so instead of reporting him we switched dentists.

Fast forward 20 years when I turned 30 one of the fillings I had fell out and my regular dentist was busy, so my mother booked me in with Dr. Bentham. She has a poor memory and obviously didn't recall the fact Bentham had destroyed my teeth 20 years earlier. I didn't either until my new experience triggered the old memories.

When I went in there to get my filling repaired he told me I may end up needing a root canal. Judging by his tone and delivery, I felt like he was setting it up so that next time I came in, that would happen.

Only one year later I was eating a fruit snack at my sisters house and my filling came out. So, my mom called Bentham thinking he would repair his work for free.

My mom phoned Bentham's office and the lady said we were in luck because a client just cancelled.

When I was sitting in the chair and Bentham looked at my teeth he told me it was my fault and that I had cracked the filling myself. I would have remembered that. It did not happen. It was a rushed and careless job he did a year earlier and it took months for my tooth to stop hurting.

I have no coverage and I just had a baby in January, so Bentham knew I was paying out of pocket.

I casually mentioned to him that the bonding on my front teeth had started chipping and wanted a quote on how much it would cost to fix. Without my permission and an agreement of cost, he began to hurriedly "fix" the bonding on my six front teeth. To give you an idea of how hurried the entire job was, I had the filling replaced and, according to my bill, six teeth fixed, in a half an hour.

He barely even worked on the under side of my teeth, just the outside.

Because it was so hurriedly and half-heartedly done, I honestly didn't even think he would charge me for it.

When I went to front desk after my appointment, I was shocked to see a bill for $540. The receptionist (who is an amazing person by the way) also looked shocked with the bill and reminded him I had no dental. He didn't care.

$50 of that was for an "emergency appointment" (it wasn't an emergency) and $180 of that was for the six front teeth that he allegedly fixed; Teeth that are bothering me more as I type this than they were when I went in.

The rest of the money went to replacing the filling he put in a year earlier. Also still bothering me. I am certain if he had had more time, he would have given me a root canal.

This guy has been a crook as long as I have known him, I have reported him to the BC Dental Association, and I would really like a full investigation on him.

The kicker of all of this is he told me that silver fillings cause Leukemia. He gave me silver fillings back in the day and now tells me he will take them out for me...for $1500.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2569497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Totally in it for the money. It will be a long road with the specialists and many thousands of dollars to fix the damage that Dr Bentham has done to me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1831108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2014

Dr Ronald R Bentham now Ron Dianne,s Bentham now Smart Choice dental Excellence. Do not be fooled.He is only for the money. up to now I have problem with my jaw.It takes time to heal and called Me I have a mental problem,I suffered so much with my partials that bleeds due to the wires. Back and forth to his Clinic .Still have problems . Billing well overcharge my Blue Cross and my Pocket. Finally gave up His arrogant ,rude and doesn't listen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1831107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2014

I have referred several family and friends to Dr. Bentham for MAJOR reconstructive dentistry. He is very good at carrying out large smile cases. I see his results constantly. You get what you pay for. He is constantly learning what's best for patients and delivers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

To all those reading this... Bentham is only interested in making money. He'll do any work he can get away with. I suggest you check out the opinion of a few other dentists around town. Doc Bentham has a reputation for unnecessary, and low quality work (rushing through appointments to maximize his income). I'm an old guy and have started to question his work, and have been talking to other dentists. Don't let this guy push you into something you don't need, but even if you need something done, get it done elsewhere, he doesn't take his time to do things right.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1831105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2013

First he came highly recommended for getting posts done ..I did get the posts implanted and complained after about pain and cleaning .He was not concerned ,and just said give it time to heal etc .I did get 3 other opinions to his work and sadly I now need to get the posts removed as they are not placed properly and are causing me much pain and discomfort .HE Should have retired many years and taken up fishing ?Fish can handle this kind of treatment

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1831104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2012

Ron Bentham is the best Dentist I have ever had. I am in my early 70's and have been to quite a few dentists

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2012

He did a double root canal, and crown, as well as replaced a second filling and I'm more than pleased with his professionalism and ability. His staff provided excellent chairside assistance and can't do enough for you to ensure your comfort. I had an awesome dentist on the coast and now have found another one. He explains what he can do and offers options, shows you all the pictures and issues with your own teeth, not something I ever saw before, and I did not find him pushy in any way. I felt no pressure to have any treatment, but was able to make the choice of what I felt was best for me. I would recommend him to any one. In fact, my Mom went to him first and had 7 implants done and new lower dentures and she can finally eat after years of suffering poor dentures and she's 80 years old. He gave her back her ability to enjoy her food once more. Overall, he has a great team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1831102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

I have two root canals which need to be redone by a specialist. The x-rays showed the massive infection and the dbris left behind in my gums.Although Dr. Bentham assured me he had cleaned all the roots, the xrays don!t lie and the job wasn't finished. I've been on very strong antibiotics to reduce the infection but am told it will return. I tolerated Dr. Bentham's bedside manner believing that he was good at his job - I also tolerated the obvious " up sale" aggression.There are so many fine dentists in the Okanagan you don't need this one.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1831101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

Dr. Bentham was highly recommended to me and I went for a routine check up. He wanted to fix a temporary fix on a back tooth by a root canal. I trusted his professional judgement and ever since the root canal he did I haven't been able to eat from that side. Every time I bite it hurts. I have gone back numerous times but each time he states that I should simply allow for healing (and he adjusts the bite). After 6 months and it getting worst I must now go to a specialist and pray that he will fix my tooth. The "temporary fix" was completely great and I should've left it as it was and not trust so blindly. He also went over my insurance money by $300.00 for the year - had I known I would've skipped the root canal procedure (as I was fine with the "temporary fix"). This has been a source of frustration for me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1831100].votes_count ]]