Rate Dr. Kathleen Ross

Dr. Kathleen Ross's Ratings

Absolutely horrible doctor. I booked an appointment, which didn't take me too long to get in but during the 5 days I had to wait, my pain and symptoms were so unbearable I had to go to emergency. The staff and treatment in emergency were so wonderful and actually restored my faith in doctors a little bit but then I got out of the hospital and when the appointment with dr Ross came along it was a disaster. I had to be wheeled into her office, she didn't touch me or think of doing any tests, even though emergency said I should get one done. She didn't take the time to listen, even though the appointment before me didn't show up so she had plenty of time, and in the end I am prescribed medicine for a condition she doesn't even know if I have. I don't know anything about the medicine or any side effects and it makes me very concerned that she would just write up a prescription so easily. I was almost in tears leaving, and now I am at a complete loss as to what to do. She was so rude and made me feel like I was making up all my symptoms and that it's nothing. If I can I will definitely be switching doctors. Anyone is better than her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2491963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

This is an amazing doctor. My mom got referred to her by a friend and in turn my mom referred me to Dr. Ross -- First of all, she calls you into the room herself.. Not a staff member! This saves time and you don't have that waiting period in the doctor room by yourself. Secondly, she is very easy to approach and makes you feel comfortable. I have only seen her twice so far but I can already see that she is an extremely qualified doctor and very personable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1833186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about my doctor. Dr. Ross has been my physician for over 20 years and I've had nothing but the best care. She listens to me and takes my issues seriously. She is thorough and makes sure to make the appropriate referrals to ensure concerns are addressed. When others complain about the doctor they have I proudly tell them that my doctor is great. Of course, they all want referrals but sorry folks, she is all booked up!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1833185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2013

I love Dr. Ross - she has been my doctor for over 15 years and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. She is a true advocate for her patients and never makes me feel that my concerns are trivial. Initially, I didn't like the move to Manitoba Clinoic, but I think it was a great move. She is very rarely late taking you and her nurse always makes sure she has booked enough time for whatever the problem is. When my old doctor came back to Winnipeg from Texas, I had a chance to go back to seeing her -it wasn't even a tough decision and I am so glad (based on what I have read and heard) that I stayed with Dr. Ross.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1833184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Dr. F.K. Ross is not too proud to admit when she doesn't have an answer, and quick to refer patient for testing or to a specialist if there is reason to. She is rarely far behind schedule. She is generally good at listening to the issues before jumping to a conclusion. She is quick to write prescriptions. I would rather know what the root of the problem is and address it than to take a pill to mask symptoms. Dr. Ross has at times been a wonderful advocate for me, though she is still human. Sometimes she comes across as impatient (likely impatience with the lingering issues rather than with me personally). Sometimes she has submitted informaton to a third party for me that is less than 100% accurate, which can be frustrating. Her assistant Bonnie is great - friendly and competant. MB Clinic is an OK location, though parking can be a challenge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1833183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2010

I hate that her staff makes the job easier on themselves and are not patient efficient, such as having to call in that morning to get an appointment because you cannot make a pre-dated appointment, which is pointless because they are usually an hr behind.. I have experiance in doctor's offices, this is frankly lazy and poorly set up and friends and family who go to her agree with even more heated remarks. I love Dr. Ross, but this problem needs to either get solved or she will lose patients..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1833182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

I find Dr Ross to be an excellent doctor .. as long as all health problems are simple. In her defence she has many patients and not enough time but this problem has been taken out on me and has left me with a mystery pain she is more than aware of and a false diagnosis my chiropractor figured out. On the other hand she also called in a request for an ultrasound for me when it was urgent and got me in the same day, therefor I really feel as though her treatment ability is closely tied to how she's feeling that day. She is capable of being a consistantly excellent doctor but I have had too many ups and downs with her than I can put up with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1833181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2008

Dr. Ross was my doctor 17 years ago until she told me that I had an infection and to ask my partner where I got it from. I got a second opinion and found out it was not an infection after all. I never went back and told everyone I knew not to see her. Now, I am telling all of you...beware.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1833180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2008

I was very disappointed recently when I missed a complete physical appointment that had been booked 8 months in advance. When I called to ask why a reminder call wasn't given I was rudely told that they book these appointments 8 months in advance and work part time. They simply don't have time to call.... would I like to make another appointment in another 8 months??? By the time I actually see her it will have been almost 2 years since trying to make the appointment and 4 since my last complete physical. Anything that may be wrong with me could kill me by that time. I feel if the staff truly cared for the patients we wouldn't be waiting that long to find out if we have something wrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1833179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr. Ross is a fantastice doctor. I have been with her for some 15 years and will follow her no matter where she may move her practice in Winnipeg. A very compassionate doctor, she is always willing to listen to anything that you may need to talk to her about from physical ailments to emotional difficulties. I have never had a doctor that would apologize for running 10 minutes behind schedule. There is no doctor that can know 100% about the human body that is why we have specialists. Saying that, Dr Ross will refer you to a specialist without hesitation. I would recommend her to anyone! Keep up the good work Doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1833178].votes_count ]]