Rate Dr. W. P. Ciszak

Dr. W. P. Ciszak's Ratings

Before booking an immigration medical here, please bear in mind that the service offered by Dr Ciszak is highly expensive compared to the competition and comes complete with an astonishingly draconian policy in regards to changing/cancelling appointments. Avoid.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Ciszak's since the 1980s. He was great when I first started seeing him, however in the past 5-7 years I have found him becoming crabby, moody, rude (when I gained a few extra pounds he told me I was fat), argumentative, and disinterested in his patient's well being. His bedside manner has become hit and miss - depending on which day of the week you see him, he's either crabby or happy. I think he spends too much time concentrating on immigration patients (which he is solely doing so for the $$$) to the detriment of his long-time patients. I have tried to find another doctor but none in the downtown area are taking new patients so I've had to stay with Ciszak. Would I recommend him? I hate to say it but no, I suggest you try to find someone else and only use him as a last resort.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Unfortunately my experiences with Dr Ciszak were among the worst I've had with any doctor. Very cold with poor bedside manner. Rushed and did not convey even the slightest sense of caring. Too bad since he is located so close to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515438].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

My experience was very different from the irate comment below. The staff were polite to a fault and very helpful. The whole process was smooth and satisfactory in every regard. I have no hesitation in recommending this clinic to anyone in need of a medical examination.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Worst staff I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Rude, condescending, and completely unhelpful. It's a wonder this guy is even in business with staff like that. Good thing he has a monopoly on immigration medicals otherwise, he'd actually have to focus on service!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492055].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Dr. Ciszak has been my family doctor for 21 years. He is friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Ciszak as family doctor he is much better than walk in clinic doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

We saw dr Ciszak for our medical exam for Canadian immigration, on the advice of our lawyer. We had a very good experience - we got an appointment for the next day and we were seen immediately when we arrived. The receptionist was very pleasant and competent and the doctor was highly professional. The whole process was extremely smooth and efficient. Recommend highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2012

Dr. Ciszak is kind, patient and attentive. He has always treated me like a friend and I believe he sincerely cares about my wellbeing. He has given me a lot of good advice over the years and I he deserves my complete trust.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

I had a terrible experience with this doctor. I was new to the city at the time and he was the only doctor taking patients I could find. I had two major health concerns, both of which required a referral to a specialist... but he refused to do so. During the following visit, he told me our time was up after 10 minutes, and I mentioned I had one more question. He told me I'd have to go book another appointment with his secretary, and I then asked if he had any more patients to see that afternoon, to which he replied 'no'. When I asked if I could have two minutes with him right then, so I wouldn't need to wait another week, he replied, 'well, no - I don't get paid if I see you twice in one day'. Wow. Totally cold, disinterested and uncaring, would not refer me to specialists, and instead just tried to prescribe me a bunch of pills. After four appointments that got me nowhere it made sense that his waiting room was always empty. This took place about five years ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Dr. Ciszak is an amazing family doctor. My family and I have been going to him our whole lives in Canada. He genuinely cares about his patients, and is an enthusiast when it comes to their health. He will motivate you to take care of yourself, which will result in greater health and well being. His care towards members of my family has made me grateful that doctors like him exist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1837252].votes_count ]]