Rate Dr. R. Bruce McFarlane

Dr. R. Bruce McFarlane's Ratings

I completely disagree with the previous 2 ratings! Dr. McFarlane and his staff are very well trained, very competent and are exceptionally personable. I spend half of a day driving for my children to see Dr. McFarlane and it is well worth it! They are very accommodating when it comes to making appointments are never rude and always take the time to make you feel welcome. My kids tell everyone "that office rocks", they love to go there and very rarely feel any discomfort after their appointments. My kids had a mess of teeth all over the place and now they smile all the time. There have been no hidden costs and all my questions have been answered to my satisfaction. Yes Dr. McFarlane is busy, and there is a reason why, he is an exceptional orthodontist and obviously in demand. I also find it very impressive that he gives so much back to others through his Humanitarian efforts. Keep up the great work Dr. McFarlane and your staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2011

I am surprised by all of the rave reviews here. I was very disappointed with my final results and overall treatment at this office. I paid for Invisalign after Dr. McFarlane explained the virtues of this “invisible” treatment and the excellent results he had had with it. When it didn’t work, he said that, yes, Invisalign often didn’t work well for rotation because the product didn’t get a proper handle on the teeth. It was very clear that my teeth needed rotation. I then wore braces for six painful months. When the braces came off, my teeth still weren’t straight. In fact, my bottom teeth were more crooked than they were before.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1845009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2010

Dr. McFarlane will tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door and to get your money. You will have a good experience if you overlook the fact that your teeth are being worked on by a trainee while he counts your money. You are paying for the veneer of professionalism but just get a bunch of young, inexperienced girls (he inexplicably does not hire males) while he meets you for a moment for a handshake. It is all very well orchestrated and fake. When you do get the chance to speak to him, he is horribly inconsistent in his advice (which makes me worry about my treatment). After payment, you will be rushed out of the office. Besides a pathetic video they make you watch, they provide you with NO information unless you specifically request it. Even then, you'd be lucky if him or his staff gave you correct info. He's definitely a better salesman than he is an orthodontist. You're paying for the packaging. I ended up going to one of the many other qualified orthos in the city.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1845008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2010

Dr McFarlane is one of the best Dr's I have ever come across. He made me feel memorable, special, and gave me his 100% attention while he was seeing me. I would recommend him to anyone. I am 28yrs old and have recommended him for children and 50yr old people. I think he is the cats pajamas :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2010

Unbelievable doctor, almost too optimistic but in a good way. Knows his way around a mouth and jaw and is a super friendly great guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

I do not get it.All these rave reviews?I find him too expensive for the level of care you get.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1845005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

The best orthodontist in the city by far! Dr. McFarlane is so passionate about orthodontics, he gives 1000% to his patients. He also teaches orthodontics internationally and is a mentor. Staff are wonderful and the office is spectacular (plus really good parking). My daughter is under his care and we are so pleased with her treatment and results so far. In my opinion, the greatest gift you can give your child..the best smile and Dr. McFarlane will do it, highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2010

Dr. McFarlane and his staff are fantastic. It is well worth the 2 hour drive to take my children there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

I have now been to three orthodontists in two different provinces and Dr. McFarlane is by far the best. He is knowledgeable, helpful, and extremely attentive to every detail. I would highly recommend this orthodontist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

He's always in a great mood, and clearly loves what he's doing. My experience was wonderful. He knew right away what his plan of action was and I never encountered any problems, either with the staff, or the care that I received. A very positive experience, all around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845002].votes_count ]]