Rate Dr. R. Bruce McFarlane

Dr. R. Bruce McFarlane's Ratings

Just over a year ago, my daughter had an unfortunate accident resulting in the loss of several teeth. This happened a few weeks after Dr. McFarlane removed her braces. Image our trauma and distress! Ever helpful and optimistic, Dr. McFarlane became the anchor, helping to refer and co-ordinate the tests, appointments, and communications between the specialists. Bruce was exceptional answering all of my questions, and certainly went above and beyond what was expected. His staff, particularly the receptionists are always friendly and accommodating. Many thanks to all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

I could not imagine a better process, with any better people. All of the staff were World Class!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2012

I have had braces before and this was definatly a way better experience!! Dr.McFarlane and his staff are very freindly and are always willing to take the time to explain or answer any questions you may have. Dr.McFarlanes positive attitude and always smiling face made me feel comfortable and appreciated as a patient.He definatly knows his stuff and what he has to do to get you that perfect smile. I would highly recomend Dr.McFarlane and his team to anyone entering the wonderful world of braces for extremely positive and satisfying results!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2011

Dr McFarlane seems very knowledgable. He has been great about answering my questions via email and also in person. It's a busy office, but the staff always takes time to answer questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2011

Bruce is an amazing orthodontist and a great guy! He is ahead of the game when it comes to orthodontic work compared to any other doctor in Winnipeg. What many doctors said they couldn't do (fix my jaw and avoid a very serious surgery), he did do, with optimism and a smile. I would recommend Bruce to absolutely anyone in need of an orthodontist. These negative comments are unbelievable, must be the same person over and over again because I legitimately cannot see anyone disliking Bruce, his staff, or his work!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2011

2 years ago i walked into the office of Dr. Mcfarlane. The first thing i noticed was the reception staff, they were very friendly and they had great smiles. After a consultation with Dr. M, i decided to jump on board with Orthodontic treatment. Every time i came in for an adjustment it was a great experience. It didn't take long to see that everyone of his staff always seemed to be in great moods and actually enjoying their day at work. Yesterday morning was my big day and i got my braces off, when i look back now i realize how much i didn't like my smile. Now i can't stop showing it off. After leaving the office i came back at the end of the day to pick up and check the fit of my retainer and although i was happy to get my braces off, i knew that i was going to miss coming in for those "adjustments". I'm going to miss seeing "Bruce's Angels". Of all the Ortho's in the city i'm not sure how or why i picked his, what i do know is looking back i'm sure glad i did. They're truly the best

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Excellent and top notch all the way. Dr. McFarlane is genuine, caring and extremely competent. The staff are all pleasant and helpful. The setting is lovely and very convenient with ample parking, and the wait times are almost nonexistant. Can't say enough good things. Great results too, in the time line promised!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

I completely disagree with the previous 2 ratings! Dr. McFarlane and his staff are very well trained, very competent and are exceptionally personable. I spend half of a day driving for my children to see Dr. McFarlane and it is well worth it! They are very accommodating when it comes to making appointments are never rude and always take the time to make you feel welcome. My kids tell everyone "that office rocks", they love to go there and very rarely feel any discomfort after their appointments. My kids had a mess of teeth all over the place and now they smile all the time. There have been no hidden costs and all my questions have been answered to my satisfaction. Yes Dr. McFarlane is busy, and there is a reason why, he is an exceptional orthodontist and obviously in demand. I also find it very impressive that he gives so much back to others through his Humanitarian efforts. Keep up the great work Dr. McFarlane and your staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2011

I am surprised by all of the rave reviews here. I was very disappointed with my final results and overall treatment at this office. I paid for Invisalign after Dr. McFarlane explained the virtues of this “invisible” treatment and the excellent results he had had with it. When it didn’t work, he said that, yes, Invisalign often didn’t work well for rotation because the product didn’t get a proper handle on the teeth. It was very clear that my teeth needed rotation. I then wore braces for six painful months. When the braces came off, my teeth still weren’t straight. In fact, my bottom teeth were more crooked than they were before.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1845009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2010

Dr. McFarlane will tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door and to get your money. You will have a good experience if you overlook the fact that your teeth are being worked on by a trainee while he counts your money. You are paying for the veneer of professionalism but just get a bunch of young, inexperienced girls (he inexplicably does not hire males) while he meets you for a moment for a handshake. It is all very well orchestrated and fake. When you do get the chance to speak to him, he is horribly inconsistent in his advice (which makes me worry about my treatment). After payment, you will be rushed out of the office. Besides a pathetic video they make you watch, they provide you with NO information unless you specifically request it. Even then, you'd be lucky if him or his staff gave you correct info. He's definitely a better salesman than he is an orthodontist. You're paying for the packaging. I ended up going to one of the many other qualified orthos in the city.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1845008].votes_count ]]