You may also like

Rate Dr. Sheena C. Apun

Dr. Sheena C. Apun's Ratings

Dr. Apun and her 2 woman staff were decent when they were in Babylon. When she moved her office to West Islip, the service, staff and medical care went way, way, down. The office is packed and the wait time is ridiculous. That is not because she is a good doctor, ( she misdiagnosed my daughter's very bad infection as a virus). Thank God, I trusted my instinct and took her to a specialist. He office is packed now because she takes a certain type of insurance. Another bad change in her office is that you no longer see a doctor, your child sees a student and then a P.A. Finally, the new staff is horrible, the woman up front doesn't listen, one time we sat there and found out that she never checked my daughter in. She makes you wait just to sign in. Forget it if you need a form for school. She tells you that you have to wait a half an hour or longer. I told her I'd pick it up tomorrow and asked her if it would be done. She said yes. Then I called the next day before I left the house to make sure it would be ready when I got there. Again she said yes. Of course. When I reached the office she never filled it out and made me wait until she wasn't busy! I am so fed up with this office. So after taking my children to Dr Apun for 12 years, I'm finding a new doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Highly recommend . Excellent doctor . Knowledgeable .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2555151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

THIS IS NOT A PLACE YOU WANT TO BRING YOUR CHILDREN TO, LET ME FURTHER EXPLAIN. My wife and I found Mrs Apun "I won't refer to her as a doctor as she doesn't deserve that privilege". She was treating my 7 year old as well as my 19 month old. Her office is very unorganized, worse than I have ever seen. Her ways of practice are very awkward and not professional. She walked into the room while we were waiting for the usual 45 minutes, tell my wife your daughter has PDD and is Autistic and walks out. A week before this one of her workers tells my wife that the reason your daughter is behind is due to the fact that you don't spend enough time with her, my wife is a stay at home mom!!! We knew something else was wrong that is why we insisted on seeing Apun herself. She was cold as ice and this made us rather upset. We requested a copy of both of our kids records and she tried charging us an insane amount of money. I went their face to face and she gave them to me after an argument.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][642282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2014

Horrible staff, kind at first and then when you ask them to do smth very unreliable

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][642281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2012

Best pediatrician. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Always available after hours on her cell. Her practiCe has grown tremendously because she is a wonderful and caring doctor. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][642280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Best Pediatrician ever! Takes time to know your child and answers questions with rushing you out. I have a severely Autistic son who she is so patient with and she is so knowledgeable about developmental issues. Highly recommend her to all!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][642279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2012

I have to say that Dr. Apun is an EXCELLENT person and GREAT doctor. She really is wonderful with my Son (who has developmental issues) and I am amazed to hear how well they interact (my Wife takes him). Dr. Apun really is a knowledgeable and caring person. Since my Wife doesn't use the computer much, I felt that I needed to be the one to leave the review. From the few times I've been to the office, I have to say that the staff there is fine.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][642278].votes_count ]]