Dr. Phillip De Muelenaere

Rate Dr. Phillip De Muelenaere

Dr. Phillip De Muelenaere's Ratings

Dr. D. performed a L4/5 Spinal fusion in 2010 and in 2014 he also performed a Meniscus Repair on my right knee. I think he is straight forward and honest. He tells you as it is. I have some remaining issues with left leg defeiciency after my back surgery. Dr D. has always kept his door open for me. I have always been welcomed in his office. He tells me to come back whenever needed.Much appreciated Dr D.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

WARNING:THIS DOCTOR DID MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ON ME OCTOBER 29TH/2012 /X-Rays of LEFT SHOULDER! HE SAID"X-RAYS ARE NORMAL AND FROZEN SHOULDER! 4 MONTHS LATER I HAD LEFT SHOULDER ROTORY CUFF SURGERY! NOT REPAIRABLE ! YOUR MISTAKES MADE ME PERMANENTLY DISABLED IN MY LEFT ARM ! PAPER DOCUMENTS AS PROOF IN A COURT OF LAW NEED BE !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2521528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Worst bedside manner I have ever witnessed. No help what so ever. This man doesn't say one darn extra word if his life depended on it. After my surgery and once I recuperated enough, this man didn't even suggest further help, such as PT etc. After my cast was removed he was just about to send me home and if I didn't ask if he thought Physio was a good idea, he would have said nothing and after months of physio the therapist thinks that further work has to be done but yet this doctor says nothing, not weather more visits are required or anything else. Only after I told him that I'm still in pain and that's why the PT arranged for this last meeting, plus the work that I do requires my full balance, did he finally recommend orthotics. For goodness sakes, you're the doctor, ask me questions, get a feel for I'm going through, recommend options, say something. I am seeking a second opinion, you need to revisit why you became a doctor to begin with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

The best Ortho Dr. in Canada by far!!Oct. 2010, he gave me a total disc replacement surgery at l/4 , complete success, this man has changed my life forever, I would recommend him to everyone thank you dr, you are the best, J.A

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

I found him EXCELLENT in every way! He diagnosed my condition in October 2004. Suggested some treatments but stated if the pain isn't manageable surgery will have to be performed. I have tried all kinds of treatments in Winnipeg to avoid this surgery. However, that isn't going to be possible. I wish he was in Winnipeg but maybe he can give me a name to a collegue or I can get to Brandon for surgery on my Spine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847438].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2011

Not only the best doctor I have ever encountered , he is also the most business like and that is what you want - new friends you can find else where. I had laminectomy,discectomy with a spinal fusion and am completely mobile even after he expressed some disappointment with my healing time. After 2 years and yes he has had me come in for follow-up I feel better than I have felt in the last 8 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2010

I was origionally told I could not see him until march 2010, got in on a cancellation and after hurting my back further brushed me off and told me all I needed was a nerve block! When I saw the consult he sent my GP he said he would not do surgery due to my psychiatric condition. Last time I checked Bipolar disorder that is well treated has no bearing on surgical outcomes. Saw a much better Dr in Winnipeg, Dr Birt, and he was able to fix my back with surgery of all things. I have my mobility back and that is not something I should be denied due to mental health. Was lucky I had surgery when I did or my left siatic nerve could have snapped. Two peices of disc had broken from the main herniating disc and had lodged under the nerve branch. If I had gone ahead with the nerve block the nerve would have snapped and I could be facing far more serious health issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2010

Best doctor you can have for back surgery.I was a recipient of L4 L5 PLIF with a later ALIF. And I am glad it was him in all aspects.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2009

He was very knowledgable. Told me exactly what was wrong and prescribed meds that helped within hours

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

After having a laminectomy/disectomy 3 1/2 yrs ago, I am still in horrific pain. He may be a good surgeon, but I didn't experience it. His bedside manners were unacceptable; and yes, he did rush you through even when insisting the pain was too much to bear. I have not been able to return to any regular activity, including walking 2-4 miles per day before the surgery. I am still seeking more help to find the cause of all the pain I have. I have missed out on alot, having three young children; I want my life back! Dr. D could have more empathy when dealing with patients who don't turn out 100% after surgery. Support after surgery would also be very beneficial. Physio and massage are very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847433].votes_count ]]