Rate Dr. Hillel Sommer

Dr. Hillel Sommer's Ratings

Very abrupt and rude, will not take the time to explain your situation and suggest routes of action. I ended up not returning to see him as it felt there was no point. I would ask your GP to refer you to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I was also told that there was no treatment for my back pain except to lose weight and exercise. Easy to say but impossible to do when you are in severe pain. I couldn't afford to keep going to physio where I really got no relief. I was a walker all my life. I gained weight recently when I was in such pain when I walked. Where can I get relief?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2567816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

I have nothing about a wonderful experience with Dr. Sommer. He is very professional and gets straight to the point. He has helped me though one of the most painful times with my back...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I would use the word "garbage" to describe this doctor. Unprofessionally, the word to be used is "a**hole". He does not care about human beings which is a shame given his line of work. He just cares about his creepy little painting of childrens' shadows on his office wall. He did not help my father what so ever and I hope he actually takes the time to read these online reviews because as you can see, I'm not the only one that feels this way and as a professional, you should be knowledgeable enough to try to improve yourself from the feedback you receive. I have no issues with the staff, punctuality but I couldn't even bare to rate it positively because of their association with Dr. Sommer. Dr. Sommer works with companies such as Worker's Compensation Board and although it is only my opinion, I feel the medical examinations including his dianogis of patients is biased towards the best position for these companies. I'm disgusted by this conflict of interest and the lives he may have possibly caused so much damage to. With the pain and suffering people go through, a medical visit should at the very least be somewhat relieving or give hope. He makes people wanna jump off a bridge. Keep up the crappy work doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I've never had a problem with Dr. Sommer. I'm an athlete and went to him with a neck injury after physio stalled out on me. He was polite, thorough (probably more so than the neurologist I saw), but also blunt. I can see why some might have a difficult time when he tells them to lose weight and get active instead of prescribing meds. That's a tough pill to swallow. But it doesn't make him a poor doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

There are several words I could use to describe Dr. Sommer but if I had to pick one word it would be narcissistic. I have never in my life met anyone as rude and arrogant as this man. It's like he is on a power trip. You will note that on his door it states "Pain Management". If you are in pain DO NOT go to this man as he does not have a sympathetic bone in his body. When I went to Sommer his response to me was I needed to get off of all pain medication. To loose weight, exercise and eat properly and he guaranteed me that I would be in less pain. When I asked him what I would use for pain during the day and when I couldn't sleep because of the pain, his response was "suck it up". That is Sommers interpretation of "pain management". Sommer told me and put in writing that I needed surgery. On my last visit he told me I didn't need the surgery. When I asked him why he said "cause I changed my mind". When I asked for a referral he declined. I have been in pain over 4 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

Absolutely does not care what pain your in! Seen him 4 times and I always leave with no answers to my questions. Very sad

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2013

Dr. Sommer is by far the most unsympathetic, uncompassionate doctor I've ever encountered. Dismissive of pain and suffering, unable to give you any kind of rationale for the "advice" he's giving. Half an hour late, completely unapologetic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2013

Dr Sommer is very professional, intelligent, patient and nice!This was my first visit to him. I was referred to him by my family physician following a serious back injury that was healing really slow for some reason. First of all, his staff is super nice and he was on time (even a couple of minutes earlier!). He listened patiently to my story, checked my back and answered ALL my questions (and I had a lot!). He presented me with possible solutions, and instructed me regarding what should I do in order to heal faster. The appointment was very helpful for me. It was worth waiting a couple of months to see Dr. Sommer. I strongly recomend him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Yes, he does work for insurance companies. If you Google his name, you will see that he also attends and lectures at insurance company functions. More startling, you will see the numerous cases he has worked on for Manitoba Auto where he always finds in favour of Manitoba Auto. He always finds that the accident victims injuries are never caused by the auto accident....or the work accident..He shouldn't be able to practice. He has destroyed lots of lives, like that of your husband, and also a friend of mine who was in a car accident, and he should be ashamed. So much for the Drs creed "Do No Harm." This guy makes a living off of harming people, and gets paid by insurance companies to do so. Can only hope that what goes around, comes around. I'm sorry to hear about your husband, and to all the others posted here who he has caused harm to. CBC or W5 should do an investigation on him and expose him for what he is. People giving him good ratings aren't dealing with insurance or WCB I bet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848135].votes_count ]]