You may also like

Rate Dr. Hillel Sommer

Dr. Hillel Sommer's Ratings

I like many others I read the posts on this site before visiting Dr. Sommer. Then when I found out how long a wait it was until I could see him and due to the posted comments, I asked the doctor who referred me to him if there was someone else he could refer me to. He smiled and said if you want the best you’ll wait to see Dr Sommer.
At the time of my appointment I was in severe pain, and had been taking a lot of medication. We discussed my symptoms and what I hoped to accomplish from my visit. I just wanted to feel free of pain and not dependant on medication. After viewing my MRI report, X-rays and with a thorough examination, he suggested nerve injection shots. We discussed the pros and cons of the injections and he asked if I had any further questions. Also, his staff was very friendly, and arranged for the injection appointment.
I received a nerve injection and wow, the pain is gone. I understand it may not work for all cases but I was a lucky one.
I have seen more doctors that I can count over the past 40 years and there were some with no manners or morals. I found Dr Sommer very professional, intelligent, and patient, willing to listen and answer any questions. I recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2833832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Seeing this doctor was a complete waste of time and money to go see him. He was not helpful at all. All he said was to exercise even though I am unable. He does not care and leaves his patients to suffer. I would rather see a vetnarian than go back to this uncaring jerk!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2780544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

The Dr was great, he was on time, professional, and treated me very quickly. I would recommend him to anyone with chronic back pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2732513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

Very abrupt and rude, will not take the time to explain your situation and suggest routes of action. I ended up not returning to see him as it felt there was no point. I would ask your GP to refer you to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2586637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I was also told that there was no treatment for my back pain except to lose weight and exercise. Easy to say but impossible to do when you are in severe pain. I couldn't afford to keep going to physio where I really got no relief. I was a walker all my life. I gained weight recently when I was in such pain when I walked. Where can I get relief?

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2567816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

I have nothing about a wonderful experience with Dr. Sommer. He is very professional and gets straight to the point. He has helped me though one of the most painful times with my back...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2492152].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I've never had a problem with Dr. Sommer. I'm an athlete and went to him with a neck injury after physio stalled out on me. He was polite, thorough (probably more so than the neurologist I saw), but also blunt. I can see why some might have a difficult time when he tells them to lose weight and get active instead of prescribing meds. That's a tough pill to swallow. But it doesn't make him a poor doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2484458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

There are several words I could use to describe Dr. Sommer but if I had to pick one word it would be narcissistic. I have never in my life met anyone as rude and arrogant as this man. It's like he is on a power trip. You will note that on his door it states "Pain Management". If you are in pain DO NOT go to this man as he does not have a sympathetic bone in his body. When I went to Sommer his response to me was I needed to get off of all pain medication. To loose weight, exercise and eat properly and he guaranteed me that I would be in less pain. When I asked him what I would use for pain during the day and when I couldn't sleep because of the pain, his response was "suck it up". That is Sommers interpretation of "pain management". Sommer told me and put in writing that I needed surgery. On my last visit he told me I didn't need the surgery. When I asked him why he said "cause I changed my mind". When I asked for a referral he declined. I have been in pain over 4 years.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1848132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

Absolutely does not care what pain your in! Seen him 4 times and I always leave with no answers to my questions. Very sad

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1848131].votes_count ]]