Dr. Sanjay Ramrakhiani

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 17/06/08    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Sanjay Ramrakhiani has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5449462
06/05/14 4 4 5 5 Easy to talk to. I had an issue that remained undiagnosed despite several CT scans, and blood testing. He was able to do a ultrasound endo test that made the diagnosis and I was started on a medication that helped my problem,s. The problems did not go away but at least I now understand what the issue it.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 2619782
17/04/13 5 5 5 5 I work in the hospital where he practices. Did a great job with my endo procedure. Nice guy, can be sometimes difficult to get in to see him b.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2399555
13/08/12 4 4 5 5 Was difficult to get in to see him beacuse he was booked for 3 months. But was easy to talk to and explained issues well. Staff raved about his surgical expertise - and did a good job with my procedure. Overall, very satisfided and would go back to him for any issues in the future.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

30/10/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1329214
06/01/11 5 4 5 5 I have seen Dr. Ramrakhiani for the last 4 years. He has always been very attentive and listens to what I have to say, and is very thorough in explaining possible causes. I have found him to be very knowledgeable about current treatments or testing, even some alternative. He has a very good bedside manner, and he or his assistant will call me back if I have a question or problem. Although he is very busy, I seldom have trouble getting in to see him when I need to. For office visits/procedures, he generally sees me very close to the appointed time except for the ocassional conflicting emergency case. I have always received very good follow up care.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1289766
09/11/10 5 5 5 5 I am surprised by the reviews above. I was also refered to him as a subspecilaist in pancreatic problem. He saw me, perofmed a procedure that helped diagnose the condition and ultimately referred me to a surgeon at a UC that operated on me. Without Drs timely diagosis, the tumor may have been diagnosed too late. So overall excellent care, great communication skills, an expert at what he does. so would highly recommend him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 807332
04/03/09 5 2 2 2 This doctor was highly recommended as an expert in his field. While this may be true, his cold bedside manner and impatience are very unappealing. He told me several times that his patients' knowledge of current research developments is often more comprehensive than his which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I would NEVER go to him again and I suggest you don't either.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 797327
22/02/09 3 3 2 3 Not impressed and would not recommend for the following reason, after a conservative treatment and injection of Botox to cure a stubborn fissure he referred me to the wrong Surgeon. There was no follow up and I felt I was nothing more than a reference number. No follow up, No inquiry, Does not return phone calls either. I gave up and went looked for a different Gastro !
Insurance: CIGNA