Rate Dr. Allan Micflikier

Dr. Allan Micflikier's Ratings

Dr. Micflikier is a wonderful GI doctor. I had had a horrible experience with a colonoscopy 10 years (with a different doctor) prior and was very nervous about having another one. He assured me that he would make sure I was comfortable and he was indeed true to his word. The whole procedure was a breeze. He didn't make me feel rushed in the office consult beforehand either. I highly recommend him!

Submitted June 12, 2014 | flag

Benn my GI man for 30 years. Cannot say enough good things about him and Barb, the one who "runs him".:) He is current to the minute in his field, patient, caring and never rushes me. All my friends say the same about him, at least those that are lucky enough to get an appt!

Submitted Aug. 4, 2012 | flag

I have been having stomach issues for nearly three years now. I saw Micflickier about a year ago now. He couldn't be bothered to understand my symptoms, was too rushed to hear me speak and continually cut me off, he also couldn't be bothered to do an abdominal exam to locate the pain. All this with a patient who was surviving off smoothies with little solid foods due to pain. a year later and my symptoms are far worse. I'd have more than just two hospital visits if they could actually do anything for me (the first thing I was asked was if I'd seen a GI); the pain has gotten so severe I'm only surviving thanks to Cesamet (synthetic THC); before Cesamet I was not only vomiting nearly nightly but the vomit was orange; I started vomiting recognizable food up to 9 hours after eating it; the list goes on. But according to Micflickier I'm fine and I was wasting his time. I'm having to see a different GI now that my symptoms have escalated, when he could have taken care of this a year ago ?

Submitted July 19, 2012 | flag

Having seen many doctors with elderly parents, I am disgusted by the arrogance and intolerance that we were treated with.No sick person should be subjected to a doctor like this. We were humiliated and felt like we were an intrusion on his very busy schedule. He consulted on the phone about another patient while we were in the room, spoke in medical terminology we did not understand, and prescribed some 'powder' to get us out of the room. Total time of visit:8 min.including his consultation with another doctor for another patient. We will not be back.

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

I was referred to Dr Micflicker by my family dr for evaluation of 10 year old acid reflux. I was scheduled for a gastroscopy and surprisingly got appointment within 2 weeks. The day of my appointment went awesome. I had to wait for less than 10 minutes for my appointment. Moreover I was 15 minutes before my appointment but still didn't have to wait! The nurse who took my BP was very helpful and explained the procedure to me well. It's good that Dr Micflicker uses pediatric endoscope so there is no need for sedation. The procedure itself was a breeze. Took a few minutes, was painless and I didn't feel much discomfort except for some tolerable gagging. He explained the results of the procedure to me very well and it was reassuring to know that it was nothing serious. He prescribed me a med which required EDS status to be able to be paid by my insurance. The best thing is that he filled out request for EDS himself without me asking him. He must be the best gastroenterologist in Wpg

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

Would never go back to this Dr. I had a Colonoscopy scheduled (after waiting almost a year to get in). To my suprise there was no sedation - I got given some tylenol. My sister had one with a different Dr. and she was properly sedated and was horrified to find out I wasn't. I felt everything and it was VERY painful. I then got no response from the procudure instead had to call his office SEVERAL TIMES with his very unhelpful staff. They kept telling me that they sent the results to my dr and my r had not received them. I WILL NEVER GO BACK and this is sad cause I've heard that he is the best in the City.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2010 | flag

Dr.mcflikier is a wonderful man! I have suffered with crohns disease for 25yrs.He knows his STUFF!! People from as far as B.C fly in to see him! This doctor is very-well respected by other doctors. I also bring in treats during christmas! Dr.Micflikier and his WONDERFUL STAFF are absolutely THE BEST! Hi Barb,Iris,daughter Heather....and a big hello to my doctor!!

Submitted Nov. 12, 2010 | flag

I am not Impressed with this Doctor, as I went in for a Gastroscopy & a Colonoscopy, and I asked to be put under, and told him the Meds I was on, but he was rushed, and I felt Everthing, I was not sedated and the Nurses has better Bedside manner then he did, and ever since he did the Test, I have been in the Hospital 3 times, as I have been going to empty my Bladder every 1-2 hours at night, and I do not even have to drink any Fluid, and I did not have this problem before, I have not slept in 4 months, and they say nothing is wrong, He either Scraped my Bladder, or whatever he did, he screwed up, and I have been seeing all sorts of Specialists, because of his Rushing the Procedure. I am not a Happy Camper, and he did not even explain to me that I had Diverticulosis, I had to ask a Nurse what it was, but regardless I am still sick and exhausted. My New Doctor recommeneded him , but I am not sure even she new him that well. I need HELP

Submitted June 6, 2010 | flag

Amazing Doctor! After being diagnosed with UC, and being in the hospital for 2 weeks, he came by to see me almost every day to see how I was progressing. He is the only reason I still have a colon.... the other docs wanted me to undergo surgery. He just wanted more time for the meds to start working. During his follow-up appointments, he makes me feel unrushed and always gives me time to ask questions. In a healthcare system that is overworked and stretched past its capacity, Dr. Miclikier makes you feel like you are his only patient and gives you 100% of his attention. I will be lost when he retires.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2009 | flag

Absolutely the WORST doctor I've ever seen. He used no sedation during the gastroscopy. My follow up appt took six weeks to get and he breezed in and out so quick I barely had a chance to talk to him. He NEVER forwarded any test results to my doctor despite that being his policy. He never followed up with me on anything. My second appt with him he told me to go to the hospital to get treatment as I'd be taken care of quicker than he could; essentially passing the buck. He was rude, brisk, offered no suggestions on how to do pain management or manage my condition. No suggestions as to what I may be suffering from. I got the distinct feeling he was not taking me seriously. He walked into the room for my second appt and said "You must be feeling all better!" Would I have been there if I was? He was absolutely no help to me at all and I wasted a year trying to get diagnosed or at least treated for my condition. I've now been sent to a different doctor as I've lost complete faith in Dr. M.

Submitted June 9, 2008 | flag