Rate Dr. Allan Micflikier

Dr. Allan Micflikier's Ratings

Not very informative, kind of tried to rush. They do not use a sedatives, out of touch with modern practices. Make sure you do your homework and find someone whom practices modern techniques unless you're into feeling everything. I would not recommend going here unless you want some old school medicine and to feel and remember everything. Do your research and find someone who is up to date and uses modern sedatives instead of tylenol and avatar.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Great doctor! He listens. He explains. He gives options and suggestions. His nurse Barb is amazing!!! For anyone who reads these ratings and panics over the "no sedation" comments...read on. You can wait 6 months or longer to get into the hospital for a colonoscopy, if that is what you want...or, you can pay the tray fee, have it done in his office (I was given Atavan and T3's I think) and get your results and get on with your life! I have had 3 colonoscopies in his office. Sure, they aren't exactly something you sign up for just because you WANT one, but for goodness sakes people...how are you surprised that you weren't knocked out for the procedure? Take some responsibility for your own care and ask questions ahead of time! MicFlickier is a great doctor! I am very happy with my care from him and the staff. I definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. Micflikier is a wonderful GI doctor. I had had a horrible experience with a colonoscopy 10 years (with a different doctor) prior and was very nervous about having another one. He assured me that he would make sure I was comfortable and he was indeed true to his word. The whole procedure was a breeze. He didn't make me feel rushed in the office consult beforehand either. I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Benn my GI man for 30 years. Cannot say enough good things about him and Barb, the one who "runs him".:) He is current to the minute in his field, patient, caring and never rushes me. All my friends say the same about him, at least those that are lucky enough to get an appt!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2012

I have been having stomach issues for nearly three years now. I saw Micflickier about a year ago now. He couldn't be bothered to understand my symptoms, was too rushed to hear me speak and continually cut me off, he also couldn't be bothered to do an abdominal exam to locate the pain. All this with a patient who was surviving off smoothies with little solid foods due to pain. a year later and my symptoms are far worse. I'd have more than just two hospital visits if they could actually do anything for me (the first thing I was asked was if I'd seen a GI); the pain has gotten so severe I'm only surviving thanks to Cesamet (synthetic THC); before Cesamet I was not only vomiting nearly nightly but the vomit was orange; I started vomiting recognizable food up to 9 hours after eating it; the list goes on. But according to Micflickier I'm fine and I was wasting his time. I'm having to see a different GI now that my symptoms have escalated, when he could have taken care of this a year ago ?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Having seen many doctors with elderly parents, I am disgusted by the arrogance and intolerance that we were treated with.No sick person should be subjected to a doctor like this. We were humiliated and felt like we were an intrusion on his very busy schedule. He consulted on the phone about another patient while we were in the room, spoke in medical terminology we did not understand, and prescribed some 'powder' to get us out of the room. Total time of visit:8 min.including his consultation with another doctor for another patient. We will not be back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

I was referred to Dr Micflicker by my family dr for evaluation of 10 year old acid reflux. I was scheduled for a gastroscopy and surprisingly got appointment within 2 weeks. The day of my appointment went awesome. I had to wait for less than 10 minutes for my appointment. Moreover I was 15 minutes before my appointment but still didn't have to wait! The nurse who took my BP was very helpful and explained the procedure to me well. It's good that Dr Micflicker uses pediatric endoscope so there is no need for sedation. The procedure itself was a breeze. Took a few minutes, was painless and I didn't feel much discomfort except for some tolerable gagging. He explained the results of the procedure to me very well and it was reassuring to know that it was nothing serious. He prescribed me a med which required EDS status to be able to be paid by my insurance. The best thing is that he filled out request for EDS himself without me asking him. He must be the best gastroenterologist in Wpg

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Would never go back to this Dr. I had a Colonoscopy scheduled (after waiting almost a year to get in). To my suprise there was no sedation - I got given some tylenol. My sister had one with a different Dr. and she was properly sedated and was horrified to find out I wasn't. I felt everything and it was VERY painful. I then got no response from the procudure instead had to call his office SEVERAL TIMES with his very unhelpful staff. They kept telling me that they sent the results to my dr and my r had not received them. I WILL NEVER GO BACK and this is sad cause I've heard that he is the best in the City.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2010

Dr.mcflikier is a wonderful man! I have suffered with crohns disease for 25yrs.He knows his STUFF!! People from as far as B.C fly in to see him! This doctor is very-well respected by other doctors. I also bring in treats during christmas! Dr.Micflikier and his WONDERFUL STAFF are absolutely THE BEST! Hi Barb,Iris,daughter Heather....and a big hello to my doctor!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2010

I am not Impressed with this Doctor, as I went in for a Gastroscopy & a Colonoscopy, and I asked to be put under, and told him the Meds I was on, but he was rushed, and I felt Everthing, I was not sedated and the Nurses has better Bedside manner then he did, and ever since he did the Test, I have been in the Hospital 3 times, as I have been going to empty my Bladder every 1-2 hours at night, and I do not even have to drink any Fluid, and I did not have this problem before, I have not slept in 4 months, and they say nothing is wrong, He either Scraped my Bladder, or whatever he did, he screwed up, and I have been seeing all sorts of Specialists, because of his Rushing the Procedure. I am not a Happy Camper, and he did not even explain to me that I had Diverticulosis, I had to ask a Nurse what it was, but regardless I am still sick and exhausted. My New Doctor recommeneded him , but I am not sure even she new him that well. I need HELP

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853829].votes_count ]]