Rate Dr. Farid T. Fata

Dr. Farid T. Fata's Ratings

All cancer patient are psych patient belongs to a special Mental illness group, it is a lose lose situation for the doctor, if they get better it is God's will and mercy, if they don't they react like the doctor is God also and he didn't help them like the other patient, friend that healed and in remission, so he is the bad God, while simply cancer cells talk for them self, and based of the results doctors treat, the lab could report results, and the doctor is victimized.

Submitted July 28, 2014 | flag

Submitted Sept. 23, 2013 | flag

I was diagnosed with cancer the same time as a family friend. Our tumors were roughly the same in size. We went to different doctors and different facilities for treatment. I am alive today and my friend died. Her "treatment" did not make sense with all of the knowledge I had about "our" cancer. The entire time I kept saying something wasn't right and that she needed to get another opinion. My heart breaks thinking about this and I was devastated when the news broke about his alleged crimes. I understand he has loyal supporters. But I am grateful that they will be having someone else review their medical charts and provide treatment (or a correct diagnosis). Cancer is hard enough without doubting your doctor... My friend's family is going through the grief process all over again bc of his arrest -- anyone who had a loved one die under his care is being traumatized again. Charisma isn't enough when you're a doctor.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr Fata just he runs a little behind but that is a lot oftimes because he is in another room or out at the desk scheduling a patient for treatment or making the request and he walks u out to the desk and will communicate with you if you would like him to. He does spend time in his office with you if you want him to. You need to ask him questions so he can answer them.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2013 | flag

My son is 24-years-old. Was referred to Dr. Fata for enlarged lymph nodes. Dr. Fata ordered tests through HIS lab. Sent him to a surgeon HE TRUSTED for a biopsy for Lymphoma. The surgeon biopsied the wrong area. Crittenton Hospital hung on to him for 2 weeks and treated him poorly. Dr. Fata's partner, Dr.Debono, came in for pain management who said "there is nothing wrong with you". I'm watching my son wither away, literally dying in front of me. Nothing wrong??? I am a Nurse Practitioner. I asked EVERYONE who would listen (managers, administrators, nurses, residents). Nothing! No answer! He was called several times a week by Dr. Fata's office stating he needed Octogam infusions ($500 out-of-pocket after insurance) and would be on them long term. They called him on private phones, work phones, my phone insisting he ABSOLUTELY needed treatment. Finally I took him to Henry Ford Hospital and had real doctors take care of him. Thank you Henry Ford, No thank you Dr. Fata and Crittenton!!

Submitted Aug. 9, 2013 | flag

My husband was a victim of Dr. Fata. He refused to be honest with my husband and therefore milked BC/BS of a sick amount of money. Jim was diagnosed with Stage 4 metastisized cancer in June 2009 and passed in May 2010. He suffered for 10 months and had NO quality of life all becausee of Farid Fata! Fata would not tell my husband how sick he was and approximately 2 months before Jim passed, Fata told him he was in REMISSION! I am very happy he was arrested so he cannot do this to one more person. I feel bad for his current patients but they need to RUN AS FAST AS THEY CAN and find a new doctor. I suggest that the FBI look in to the certifications of the 'nurses' that work for him...in all of the infusion centers but my husband was in Rochester.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2013 | flag

Breast Cancer affected me at the age 36. Why me. I had a tough cancer journey. It was just for Dr Fata and the Swan For Life Cancer Foundation that I was able to manage the psychological stress and the effects of chemotherapy. I am glad I had Dr Fata as my oncologist. He cares for me and treats me with dignity. He is very compassionate. I would recommend him and his Team to my friends and family members if affected with cancer.

Submitted March 31, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fata treated my Mother's anemia for one year without finding the root cause of her problem: CANCER. My Mother suffered through this period of time without a proper diagnosis and much needed treatment. It was another doctor who ordered the tests that rendered the diagnosis. When we went to a consult with Dr. Fata he recommended chemotherapy without ordering a PET scan to see if the cancer had spread; he felt a PET scan was unnecessary for her treatment! Dr. Fata wanted to fill his chemo chair with another patient. He did not adequately explore other options. Also, on the consult day we waited three hours to see Dr. Fata, only to have our brief meeting interrupted three times. RUN FROM THIS DOCTOR AND GET A SECOND OPINION FOR YOURSELF OR LOVED ONE! Every cancer patient needs to be seen by a hematologist-oncologist, radiation oncologist and surgeon. Take the time to get a second opinion and educate yourself regarding your options.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2012 | flag

I was referred to Dr Fata by my PCP. I have suffered Multiple Myeloma. I am a six year survivor so far. He and the Swan for Life Cancer Foundation provided me great support: They made my Cancer Journey more comfortable with great compassion. He cared for me and my family and was always available for questions. I am now alive because of them. God bless his team who included great nursing staff and support groups.I know They go "Above and Beyond the Norm" to help their patients. God Bless you all.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

My friend used him for colon cancer. She was 32 years old. told her her prognosis was good. She should make it at least 5 years. Everytime we went there we waited hours upon hours. He has his nurses talk to you about everything rather than deal with you direct. My friend died 16 months after her diagnosis. He just pumped her with pain pills and chemo (all from which he profited) and never one looked at her quality of life or the affect of this on her 7 year old son and her husband. He is the grim reaper.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2011 | flag