Dr. Patrick Murnaghan

Rate Dr. Patrick Murnaghan

Dr. Patrick Murnaghan's Ratings

I was a patient of his since 1976. I also knew him since he when he was a intern in Toronto in 1969. I'm now in contast pain with my right hip,and my current otherpedic doctor won't do anything about it and Doctor Murnaghan would do something about it

Submitted July 14, 2012 | flag

Very disappointed with my experience... Had to choose another surgeon to get what I wanted and needed for my hip replacement operation. Chose one in another city who more than met my expectations and I can now walk again!

Submitted Jan. 18, 2010 | flag

I am grateful to have had Dr. Murnaghan repair my shattered ankle in 2002 resulting from a ski accident. After inserting and later, removing, a small Mecanno-set's worth of gear, I am walking, biking, running and yes, skiing again with my family. Dr. Murnaghan was great in terms of how he helped both me and my wife understand the situation at various points of my recovery, including setting realistic expectations, and helping with understanding appropriate approaches to pain management. I do think that high demand for his services work against him in the punctuality score, but I am glad I waited each time to be able to receive his help. Thank you!

Submitted Oct. 19, 2009 | flag

Dr.Murnaghan is the best ortho surgeon.I worked with him in the OR,as a nurse,for 17years and I was priviledged to choose him to operate on my knees,when I retired.Both total knee replacement and what a success.No more pain and my legs are straight.I put a 5 on punctuality because we really see him on the day of the appointment ah ah.Love you Dr. Murnaghan and thank you for all your excellent cares.

Submitted June 10, 2009 | flag

Dr Murnaghan fixed my shoulder separation in January. He is a skilled doctor with a fantastic bed side manner. He gives the patient time to ask questions and he listens carefully. This is a dying art and not just in the medical field. He was very upfront on what to expect with results and there was no unnecessary sugar coating. I'm pleased with the result and the symptoms which plagued me prior to surgery have since disappeared. Nadine was very helpful and pleasant. I highly recommend this doctor. It's certainly worth a little extra time in the waiting room, something of which I personally never actually experienced in my several visits.

Submitted June 4, 2009 | flag

Recently visited Dr Murnaghan for a follow up re my hip replacement. As with my previous visits extremely helpful and personable. We are very fortunate to have a doctor like him. He's a true credit to the Canadian health care system.

Submitted April 28, 2009 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Murnaghan in Sept/07 after 3 failed shoulder surgeries.On my first visit he spent almost an hour doing a thorough exam. He knew right away what the problem was and sent me for an MRI. After waiting 8 months I finally had my MRI done and surgery was scheduled.He took the time to fully explain what was wrong and how he was going to fix it. After 5 1/2 years of suffering, Dr. Murnaghan did my shoulder surgery in Sept/09. I felt better from the moment I woke up after surgery. The follow up has been remarkable and I would recommend him to anyone!! I am finally able to participate in some sports with my three sons and lead a much more normal life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, you are the best!

Submitted Jan. 27, 2009 | flag

My wife and I have found Patrick to be a wonderful person and an excellent surgeon. I was recommended to him by my doctor when I needed knee replacements. When my wife needed the same operation she went to him. His staff need help in arranging his appointments. We were often required to wait over an hour. We felt he really cared about us and his visits after surgery were regular, prompt, supportive and informative. He has a good sense of humor and is willing to take time with you to answer all questions. If they could just schedule the appointments better he would get a 5 5 5 5 rating for us. Reading other comments we realize others feel much the same. Thanks for being so good to us Patrick.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2008 | flag

HE IS THE BEST SPECIALIST I EVER HAD.HE IS HIGHLY HUMAIN,RESPECTFULL, COMPREHESIVE AND VERY ATTENTIVE TO THE PATIENT NEEDS.I WAS OPERATED FOR AN ELBOW AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS .HE KNOWS HIS JOB AND DOES IT IN A VERY SPECIAL WAY.. THANK DOCTOR THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LIKE YOU.

Submitted April 7, 2008 | flag

This orthopaedic surgeon put me off work related to depression when my G.P. whose known me for years didn't do a thing. He took the time to write letters regarding my mental health state. He was always there for me and really cares about his patients. I went to see him for my frozen shoulder, however, he looked at me as a whole person. I never met a doctor like him. When my G.P. received a letter from him re my state, he couldn't believe that a surgeon would take this time. He never rushed me out of his office and actually I was very surprised that he recognized my depression as I didn't say anything to him. He could see this depression and he hardly knew me. This is very rare for a surgeon and I know this professionally because I'm a nurse.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2008 | flag