Rate Dr. M Persaud

Dr. M Persaud's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2013

Dr. Persaud was matter of fact, gave me fantastic advice and proved to me that I don't have food allergies (which a naturopath told me i had). He told me exactly what I was allergic to, gave me advice about my asthma and how to live with it, and verified that my asthma is not just induced by exercise. He had a terrific attitude and I found him to be polite and knowledgable. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2013

It's hard to put into words the relief I felt after seeing this doctor. He confirmed what I thought for 20+ years that I do have "significant" allergies. After living so long with them I was prepared to just sequester myself from allergens even more, but he gave me a lot of hope that one day I can just enjoy life as though I don't have them. When I walked into his office covered with pictures of the glorious outdoors I thought it was just a cruel joke, but after my appointment I realized that it was to offer me hope! He is HIGHLY professional with the odd joke, and will tell you if you do not have allergies (like he told my husband); maybe that's what makes some people mad. He listened to my concerns that the allergies gave me trouble breathing, believed me, and had a nurse come give me excellent advice on how to live with the allergy-induced asthma. This doctor was knowledgeable, offered help, follow-up appointments, and even hope! What more could I ask for?!! Awesome, awesome doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I am a 63 year old male who has been suffering from a terrible case of hives for the last 6 months. I found Dr. Persaud to be very knowledgeable and he asked me all the right questions to determine within minutes that I did not have a food allergy. Instead he indicated that I had Chronic Urticaria. He explained this to me and gave me a printed handout describing the causes, diagnosis and treatment of this malady. He prescribed for me instead of Benadryl which makes me drowsy, ceterzine hydro chloride tablets, a generic form of Reactine which would last for 24 hours and would not make me drowsy. He then had a nurse advise me what steps to take regarding skin management of my very dry skin. I found both Dr. Persaud and his nurse very open to answering all my questions and both were very professional and personable. I would highly recommend Dr. Persaud as physician of first choice if you have any skin ailments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

My 2-year old has allergies and asthma and has been seeing Dr. Persaud since he was 4 months old. He is a great doctor, and works great with children and their parents. He seems to genuinely like children, and when my 2-year old wanted to breastfeed, he said "Feed the little guy". His office staff is really friendly, and they don't mind if you phone with follow-up questions after your appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

Doctor could not be bothered to answer questions about medications he was prescribing or side effects. I was expected to answer all questions he asked me with a yes or no answer. Any attempt to elaborate was met with a raised hand saying "Only time for yes or no" The patient history he took was therefore seriously lacking. Makes me wonder how many people are mis-diagnosed because he can't be bothered to listen to the patient or parents.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2012

I took my son in for an allergy consultation and I left his office truly feeling sorry for this man and his staff for how miserable they were(exception one front receptionist). There were no introductions, demands as to which chair I sit in and extremely condescending tone to ever comment and question asked. After reviewing the other comments it is transparent that this dr. focuses on asthma diagnosis and found it interesting that he came back into the office after he had left and mentioned on his way out he saw I had one of his asthma readings on a chair asking if it was related to my son. This was the only spark I saw of the man and he was almost deflated when I said it was reading for related to me and not my son. There was a dermatoligist that I had to ask who she was and was equally as rude and all I can think about is how disapointed their mothers would be if they knew their adult children treated others like this. Medical Association please please take note.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

I waited two months to see Dr. Persaud and was terribly disapointed with his rude and inconsiderate manner. I was very sick the day of my appointment, but not wanting to miss it after waiting so long, my mom drove me. He may have seen my mother's presence as reason to treat me like a 10 year old, but as a 22 year old I did not appreciate having him discuss me with my mother and barely speak to me. While I was taking the lung capacity test he was saying to my mom in the background that it was an effort based test and I wasn't trying hard enough, I was sick and have asthma (both he was aware of) the nurse even stuck up for me during the tests. I am happy to know what environmental allergens I am allergic to but did not find him very helpful with how to deal with the allergies. He said to come see him again in a year, though I'm not sure what I would gain from a follow up as all I learnt from him was the allergen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Accurately diagnosed my child with asthma. After one year on medication she was a much healthier child.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

I entered dr. persaud's office for allergy testing. I had spirometry done for asthma which I was not expecting. His office staff did the spirometry which I found the explanation of to be quite lacking -- I have done spirometry many times before and only knew how to do it from having done it so many times. Dr Persaud himself was quite funny and made jokes while we did the allergy testing. He did end up giving me a bit of a lecture on the care of my asthma which was well deserved on my part. He was quite professional and maintained that he did "not have to belabor this point" that I needed to take my meds. I was simultaneously quite cowed and yet quite thankful to have a clear expert inform me that the (quite large amount of) meds I was taking were necessary. I did not find him rude, perhaps a bit abrupt and dismissive of my incorrect notions, but he was not actually wrong in correcting me. All in all a true expert in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861181].votes_count ]]