Rate Dr. M Persaud

Dr. M Persaud's Ratings

I had taken my daughter to see him for a milk allergy test and soy test. She had been on regular milk and was fine for awhile, then all of a sudden she became very ill. We noticed it was dairy and/gluten. He did the milk allergy test, it swelled and went red. However, because it didnt fill the entire circle he drew on her forearm that this is not an allergy. There was also no way she could be lactose because she was fine before. The only way she could be lactose is if it was secondary lactose intolerant. However, here we are months later and still battling, if she does come in contact with dairy, even lactose free she gets ill. Diarrhea, bloating, gas, cramps and as of recently coughing, and a severe rash. My daughter is just shy of two years old and we have been going on with this almost 6 months now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2740421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I took my daughter and son to see dr persaud when my daughter swelled up all over her body with huge splotches purple coloring after eating blueberries. My son had reacted to a yoghurt flavour we tried with huge blotches on his face. because the reactions where not noticeable on my daughter within 2 hours but lasted 2 days he said they were hives! HER WHOLE BODY SWELLED! he also used me as a control test for the scratches after i told him i have been taking antihistamine for over 2 weeks for my seasonal allergies! of course i wont react! He told me that my kids are not allergic to anything I should not be refusing them heathly food and that my daughter will not react again. this was after he had to be forced to do a food test on my son in the lobby and i practically yelled at him to find out what i should do if she does react again. (guess what she still swells up when eating purple fruitloops!) i should also mention we were not allowed to speak unless it was yes or no we changed rooms 3 times and were told to bring food for the test but it was not even used. one instance when i tried to show a picture of the reaction and elaborate on what the situation was he threatened to have us leave. You "Sir" should get out of allergies and focus on asthma as per all previous comments you seem to prefer that field anyway!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

He was great! He was very good with 6 year old, talked to her lots asking her about school and Santa, making her feel comfortable. After all the needle pokes She was sitting in my lap and i was talking to the doctor and before i knew anything was wrong he reached over and picked her up because he saw she was going to faint right away, And she did right after he laid her down on the bed. All is well but I'm so grateful for his quick reaction and attentiveness. He gave us lots of good info about managing symptoms of allergies and prevention.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

I was impressed at how thorough he was at investigating my allergy symptoms. He is a very busy man so he goes through your appointment as quick as possible, but still does an amazing job. Gave me some good suggestions at managing my symptoms.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1861191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2013

Dr. Persaud was matter of fact, gave me fantastic advice and proved to me that I don't have food allergies (which a naturopath told me i had). He told me exactly what I was allergic to, gave me advice about my asthma and how to live with it, and verified that my asthma is not just induced by exercise. He had a terrific attitude and I found him to be polite and knowledgable. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1861188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2013

It's hard to put into words the relief I felt after seeing this doctor. He confirmed what I thought for 20+ years that I do have "significant" allergies. After living so long with them I was prepared to just sequester myself from allergens even more, but he gave me a lot of hope that one day I can just enjoy life as though I don't have them. When I walked into his office covered with pictures of the glorious outdoors I thought it was just a cruel joke, but after my appointment I realized that it was to offer me hope! He is HIGHLY professional with the odd joke, and will tell you if you do not have allergies (like he told my husband); maybe that's what makes some people mad. He listened to my concerns that the allergies gave me trouble breathing, believed me, and had a nurse come give me excellent advice on how to live with the allergy-induced asthma. This doctor was knowledgeable, offered help, follow-up appointments, and even hope! What more could I ask for?!! Awesome, awesome doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I am a 63 year old male who has been suffering from a terrible case of hives for the last 6 months. I found Dr. Persaud to be very knowledgeable and he asked me all the right questions to determine within minutes that I did not have a food allergy. Instead he indicated that I had Chronic Urticaria. He explained this to me and gave me a printed handout describing the causes, diagnosis and treatment of this malady. He prescribed for me instead of Benadryl which makes me drowsy, ceterzine hydro chloride tablets, a generic form of Reactine which would last for 24 hours and would not make me drowsy. He then had a nurse advise me what steps to take regarding skin management of my very dry skin. I found both Dr. Persaud and his nurse very open to answering all my questions and both were very professional and personable. I would highly recommend Dr. Persaud as physician of first choice if you have any skin ailments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

My 2-year old has allergies and asthma and has been seeing Dr. Persaud since he was 4 months old. He is a great doctor, and works great with children and their parents. He seems to genuinely like children, and when my 2-year old wanted to breastfeed, he said "Feed the little guy". His office staff is really friendly, and they don't mind if you phone with follow-up questions after your appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

Doctor could not be bothered to answer questions about medications he was prescribing or side effects. I was expected to answer all questions he asked me with a yes or no answer. Any attempt to elaborate was met with a raised hand saying "Only time for yes or no" The patient history he took was therefore seriously lacking. Makes me wonder how many people are mis-diagnosed because he can't be bothered to listen to the patient or parents.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861184].votes_count ]]