Rate Dr. Osterman Cotes

Dr. Osterman Cotes's Ratings

Dr. Cotes is truly wonderful! He is caring and takes the time to answer any questions you may have. He has wonderful bedside manner and takes great care to make sure his patients are well taken care of. The wait times can be bad, but it is also worth it because you don't feel rushed through your appointment. He has delivered both of my boys now 10 and 7 and has done a procedure recently to help with my menst. cycles. He checked on me via phone while I was at home recovering and even gave me his cell phone number in case anything arose that I needed to get a hold of him for. Truly a great doctor!

Submitted June 25, 2014 | flag

Dr Cotes is a very caring doctor. He doesn't consider your socioeconomic or ethical background when treating you. He is just as polite to everyone. He always shakes both your and your spouse's hand when entering and leaving your room, accompanied by a smile. He is very gentle with exams, more so than women, which isn't normally the case. He has been my doctor for my last three pregnancies which have been higher risk and included many hospital stays. When I was in hospital, he would usually make rounds at least 3 times a day. He is very cautious with his both Mom and baby. This is what matters. Wait times can be long, but who wants a doctor that will only give you 2 minutes of fame?! he actually knows your name, your occupation, how many children you have, etc. without having to look at your chart. Dr Cotes is GENUINELY concerned. I have had experiences with other Ob's in Beckley area, and Dr Cotes far surpasses them! He is a great, knowledgeable, and competent doctor.

Submitted April 1, 2013 | flag

Best Doctor ever. barley scene Him but ever time i did he know me and family would ask how my sister kid were he delivered all 3 of her kids. he even help out my husband when he stayed with me at the hospital. I would recommend him to every one

Submitted March 23, 2013 | flag

Staff was great, waiting time sucked, only saw Dr. Cotes 3 or 4 times my whole pregnancy, the PA or nurse or whatever when I went to have my child complained because he wouldn't crown and she wanted to leave, had to have a c-section due to their stupidity (which was the first time I saw him for the whole delivery) and would not tell me why I could not have my child vaginal. I will NOT have him be my doctor for my second child.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2012 | flag

if i was for him i would have never had my baby hes better then any doctor women and childrens made me misscarry 3 times

Submitted Nov. 6, 2012 | flag

Dr. Cotes has been a dream. I have always felt safe and trusted my wonderful babies to him. He has delivered both my babies and soon a 3rd one. Both of my babies were premature, but b/c of his care and thouroughness both babies were completely healthy! I know it's hard when you don't get to see him, but understand if you are the woman who is having a lot of health issues or your baby then that is where he is always at. I respect the man 110% and understand entirely when he can't see me or other women, but I know from experience with my health concerns and my babies that when that arises he spends the time there!

Submitted Aug. 20, 2012 | flag

Dr. Cotes is the best dr in town. He has saved my daughters life as well as my son. yes, they have a long wait to see him, but at the same time they make up for it to do all they can to make sure you and the baby is healthy growing and alive. this man is like a gift from god.

Submitted June 12, 2012 | flag

I am pregnant with my first baby! I really like Dr.Cotes even though I have only met him once which I totally understand he is a really busy man! I scheduled an appointment to meet him and the day of my appointment I got a phone call from his doctors office. They said I would not get to meet with him at that appointment because he had to go in for an emergency surgery. But he did everything to still make it to my appointment to meet me which I thought was very careing of him. His PA.s are very nice to! I remember my firs visit i was very nervous and they just mad me feel very relaxed by just talking to me! If i have another kid a couple years from now Dr, .Cotes will be my doctor if he is still deliverying babies.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2011 | flag

I have been a patiend of Dr. Cotes for many years. He delivered both my boys. I had complications with both pregnancies and he was ALWAYS available to me at ANYTIME day or night. I think the man must LIVE at the hospital! He is kind, caring, and ALWAYS reassuring. I wouldn't go through a pregnancy/delivery without him!!!

Submitted Sept. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr.Cotes has delievered both of my son's and i had to have c-sections with them both but even though i did I was greatful to him and owe him my life for saving both of my boys. I lost one when I was with Dr.Patel and he didnt even try to stop it and Dr.Cotes did my dnc so i switched to him after that and was pregnant again in a year and a day I started to miscarry and Dr.Cotes did every test possible to find the problem and did he saved my son from me miscarring him and then again when i went into labor. He is a great man who always has a smile on his face and always does his best for the patient and the baby. His staff is wonderful and very kind. I would refer him to anyone and have referd him to a few ppl.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag