Dr. Lyn Guenther

Rate Dr. Lyn Guenther

Dr. Lyn Guenther's Ratings

I waited a year to see Dr. Guenther for my acne. I spent only 5-10 minutes in her office, after which she immediately prescribed me an oral and topical antibiotic without even telling me about possible longterm damage, or adverse effects of stopping them. My acne was so mild that I'm sure an oral medication was unnecessary, but being naive and trusting as I was, I listened to the doctor. During followup appointments she told me to continue taking the antibiotic and further prescribed me a strong retinoid. I took the antibiotic for 7 months but had to stop because of gastric issues. As soon as I stopped them, my acne transcended into a terrible, inflammatory pustular outbreak, and my skin looked like a grimy oil spill. My skin has never been the same since I took antibiotics, and to this day I still deal with this new kind of acne, have a host of food sensitivities, and IBS. When I went back to see Dr. Guenther, she insisted it was my own fault for stopping the medication. The worst thing I've ever done for my skin and body is taking the medication Dr. Guenther prescribed me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Dr Guenther is a knowledgable caring doctor. She does not suffer fools well, but if you step up and ask what you need to know she will bend over backwards to accommodate . I don't usually believe in this type of anonymous rating because I don't think its fair. But really...there is a comment from a 1988 visit still talked about in 2013...people grow...even if they are doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2488669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

In 1988 my six year old son developed a sebaceous cyst in the Nasolabial fold. We were referred to Dr. Guenther by our Family Practioner. All these years later I have never forgotten what a cold, uncaring doctor she was. We visited her clinic regularly for injections to reduce the size of the cyst, she then opted to remove it. I asked if there would be much scarring, and if a referral to a Plastic Surgeon was the next step. She laughed at me and said she would do the procedure. My son has been left with a significal scar all these years. She commented since he was a boy, that any minor scaring wouldn't matter. She treated me as if I was an idiot. She was not kind, gentle, nor compassionate to my son who was extremely polite and well behaved in her exam room, but naturally leaned away as he was being injected, and she even yelled at him to "hold still" during the surgery. He was barely moving, and was just a little boy. I had to ask to be allowed to hold his hand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2013

I have severe psoriasis and have participated in 2 biologic studies, the first from a dermatologist in London whom was horrible and the second with Doctor Guenther. Her staff is very friendly and helpful. Wait times have not been more than 5 minutes and Doctor Guenther has been very thorough spending adequate time with me to answer any questions or concerns. I've seen three dermatologists in London and Dr. Guenther has impressed me most to date.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

I do not mind waiting half an hour to see a doctor. However, I do expect to be treated with respect. Dr Guenther had me strip naked & slowly rotate in a circle while she sat on a stool 4 ft in front of me to inspect moles. This was my first meeting with her and there was no introduction. Her manner was abrupt & spiteful. I was so embarrassed. I asked her about some other discolorations on my skin that my family doc told me to show to her while I was there. She refused to answer me! On my second (&last)appt her attitude was no different. My husband has since been to her and she apparently treated him very well. I think she only likes men. I overheard her talking to some factory workers exposed to chemicals and she was falling over herself with kindness. I even wondered if it was the same doctor.I have spoken to 2 other women with the same experience as me. My doc admitted that she has other patients that will not see Guenther any more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

1. Punctuality: I've gone four times and always waiting 60 minutes. Two of those times they apologized for the wait. So, bring a good book. 2. Patient assessment: Did not listen to my complete story, cut off my words, did not make me feel welcome, did not leave any time for my questions. Appointments are all under 5 minutes.3. Meds: I said up front no accutane for acne, so I'm using tetracycline and she's aiming for the lowest possible dose, which I respect, but she hasn't taken any time to understand when it doesn't work. This is the most disappointing part. 4. Overall: It was clear to me before reading any other posts that she overbooks and is more interested in cancer patients as a specialty. She would be well advised to get a second doc in there for more routine cases if she really cared (and stopped to think) about the best way to practice for the good of patients. I would prefer to see Dr. Gilpin if I could. Her pesonality suggests she wouldn't care about ratings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

this doctor is totally disrepectfully to patients. I have taken my daughter perhaps 5 times and each time have had to wait an hour for 2 minutes of her time. My daughters skin is exactly the same-she has no concern. Her nurse attempted to make me feel guilty about the amount of time I waited because of the cancer patients the doctor was seeing. Her office overbooks -this is an understatement. I will not go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2011

Hi, I ve been seeing dr.lyn for almost 2 years and ive been still sufferring from acne or whatever i have. all she does is prescribe accutane. I told her no and she still proceeds the advantages of it, but really doesn't talk about disadvantages, shes really a stupid dermatologist. I went outside london and saw an indian lady who saw my face one day as i was walking and said u have roseacea .Im like wtf? why didnt Dr lyn tell me, this lady told me everything i need to know. my next appts with dr.lyn is in afew days. lets see what she says about my face. I have seen no improvement what so ever with the the creams shes given . does anyone know of another dermatologist in london ontario

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2010

I saw Dr. Guenther for a red patch on my back. The first time she misdiagnosed it as excema and upon second visit and my insistence that it was more than excema Dr. Guenther non-challantly stated, "Oh yah I think it is skin cancer. If you want to stay I will biopsy it after my physio appointment." In her rush to get to her appointment she made my son and I feel that we were on an assembly line. My mole check which I was also referred for couldn't have taken more than 20 or 30 seconds. Needless to say I did not stick around. I went back to my doctor and asked for a referral to a competent dermatologist. This new dermatologist biopsied the patch on my back and a nearby suspicious mole she found. I am now being treated for melanoma. I feel so blessed to be in good hands and getting the care I need. I am very concerned for the health of others. Please avoid this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

The staff were very efficient, professional and polite. The nurse took an extensive history of my son's condition and we came prepared with a list of all medications that had previously been prescribed. Dr. Guenther did a thorough examination and recommended a treatment program which began that day. All questions were answered by Dr. Guenther or her staff and questions that arose after our appointment were cleared up by a quick call to the office. I noted a number of complaints surrounding wait times however our wait was pretty standard in our expereince to see a specialist with this level of expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1861718].votes_count ]]