Rate Dr. Heshy Sturm

Dr. Heshy Sturm's Ratings

Both of my boys have been going to Dr Sturm since they were babies. We can always get an appointment same day and he really is amazing! He's seen it all and instinctively knows every time what's wring or what treatment is needed. I love that he never wires a prescription unless he knows for sure - even if it means waiting a day. He's called us personally when our son was hurt down south while on holidays to advise us. He does come across curt, but frankly, he's there to do a great job, not become your friend and make small talk. You can get in and out quickly this way and that's why you don't have to wait for an appointment or wait in his reception area forever like other doctors. We love that he comes to Weston and will be with him for as long as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

Doctor Sturm is an exceptional Pediatrician. I can always get my son an appointment with out having to wait weeks. and also don't have to wait to long in the waiting room which is amazing because toddlers tend to get anxious waiting i know i do. Hes always on point and answers all my questions in a very professional matter. i have no complaints and don't plan on switching pediatricians.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

The first time we saw Dr Sturm it was obvious he loves babies, he was patient and listened to all our questions and concerns, and then when it was mentioned in our family history an illness that I (the mom) had, he gave me the name of 2 doctors for me to check out, and even went right there and then to the phone to call one of them, being a doctor is definitely his calling. Yes, he is very busy, and to the point, sometimes curt, but we have never had to wait more than 10min in the waiting room, which is amazing, and when I do ask him a question, his answers are very informed. We are secure with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

We always feel rushed with Dr. Sturm. He ignores us completely when we feel that what we're saying to him is pertinent information he should know that could help him diagnose our child. He mumbles when he speaks so it's very difficult to understand what he's trying to say.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1862010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

My son has been going to Dr.Sturm since he was a baby after we found out he has a blood disorder and our family doctor did not feel comfortable treating him any longer. He has been an amazing doctor. I've been to both offices (Weston Rd and Thornhill) and I have never had an issue at either. When we were told by a doctor at Sick Kids that my son needed surgery Dr.Sturm got on the phone with the head of surgery that day as he knew my son did not need the surgery and he was right. I trust Dr.Sturm completely. My family doctor has called him a genious. You are in good hands if you decide to have your child see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

one of the best doctor you will ever find, very Knowledge and helpful will take the time to answer any questions or concerns

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Great doctor, crappy staff and office. The office has no call waiting, voice mail, email, or any organized system for making appointments. The doctor works fast and efficiently keeping the wait to a minimum, is courteous, and knows his stuff. The office can do with a business consultant to update their office procedures but otherwise a highly recommended doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2013

I had been a patient of Dr. Sturm's since birth and continued on with him until I grew too old. Dr. Sturm is the most amazing doctor I have ever had. He is compassionate, knowledgable and reassuring. Whenever I was ill he would see me the same day despite being fully booked. In fact, he'd even meet me at Sick Kids at night if i fell ill or even examine me at his home. He even goes as far as to call patients on his own time to follow up. He puts his patients needs above all. There are some docs who are in the field for money and there are others who are truly passionate about their jobs; Dr. Sturm is the passionate kind and is in his field for the right reasons. He cares about the child's physical, emotional and mental well-being. I am 21 now and wish that I could still see him. It is true that his office is always busy, but that is a testament to his skills as a doctor as it proves just how amazing he is. Thank you Dr. Sturm for being the amazing doctor that you are. -Alessia G.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2012

I was a patient of this doctor for 12 years. When i was 13 I was losing lots of weight. I was 60 pounds. My mom told the Dr I was waking up in the middle of the night to pee alot, I was drinking lots of water, and I was also eating LOTS of food but still losing weight. This went on for about 1.5 years. My mom begged Dr.Sturm to do blood tests because Diabetes runs in the family, and he replied "you italian moms want your kids to be fat". Months went by, and finally another doctor at sick kids, decided to do blood work, and diagnosed me with Type 1 Diabetes. We left Dr.Sturms office immediately and he refused to transfer any medical documents, because they all show that my mom asked for blood work, and he refused.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

We are truly blessed to have found Dr. Sturm. His confidence and accurate diagnosis have given us reassurance time and again, and when it comes to your child, you want the best. Dr. Sturm is one of a kind; a combination of excellence in his profession, matched with high emotional intelligence and sensitivity. Never has he made us feel silly for asking even the most seemingly obvious or out-of-topic question to do with our child. He has also spoken to us on the phone personally when we have been abroad. He takes the time and we feel whole-heartedly that our child receives the best possible care under his wings. Please don't ever retire Dr. Sturm!!! Love, the Benaiches

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862004].votes_count ]]