Dr. Franklin R. Polun

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Franklin R. Polun has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3604637
13/11/13 5 3 5 5 With genetically bad feet, I was in need of a podiatrist. I researched online and found Dr. Franklin Polun's credentials standing out. My first appointment gave me assurance in Dr.Polun's staff and in his knowledge and competence. I am, also, a healthcare professional for 41 years and have seldom seen the patient/doctor relationship so demonstrated by Dr. Polun. He is thorough in explaining the diagnosis and treatment plan and readily available for any questions. I underwent surgery at Suburban Hospital on 11/4/13 and cannot praise the entire surgical team enough. Dr. Polun sat beside me for a lengthy time prior to being wheeled into the surgical suite covering the details of my surgery and expectations post-operatively. What a finely choreographed unit they are-preoperatively, intraoperatively and postoperatively. Dr. Polun is only a phone call away and his office staff, especially Carla, have satisfied my requests as has Rebecca, his surgical coordinator. My choice was right.
RID: 3600157
08/11/13 5 3 3 3 I absolutely love the DC Front Office/Receptionist. She is very polite, pleasant, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful, and is the very reason I come to the DC Office vs Potomac. The doctor was wonderful spent a great deal of time address my issues and concerns, and is knowledgeable.
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 3597529
06/11/13 5 4 5 5 Aside from being very competent, Dr. Polun is a genuinely delightful person. He spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions. He is just an all-around nice guy and I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends who are in need of a competent and pleasant podiatrist. Dr. Polun's assistant, Rebecca, is also a very capable and caring person; and his office staff project a friendly atmosphere.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Franklin" to "Franklin R."
RID: 2860901

18/09/13 1 1 1 1 BEWARE!! Dr Polun did surgery for a hammertoe. He botched it - now I can't run - I can barely walk. Two other professionals have documented the fact that he did a "quick fix" and did not correct the base problem. I have massive swelling and pain. I have a serious complication. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Also - didn't have neuromas he was treating for 8 months with alcohol injections. Now I have to have revision surgery! Dr. Polun doesn't acknowledge the fact he's stolen 2 years of my life and thousands of dollars. When I complained about a floating toe, he put me in a device to "stretch" the tendons and reduce scar tissue. This company, Dynasplint, has been put out of business by the federal government for FRAUD. I'm sure he's missing those large commission checks! Next solution - put a band aid on it! I could go on and on about the lies, deception, and the condescending manner in which he treats you. This man is a business, not a healer.
RID: 2587680
17/03/13 3 1 1 1 It was a really unfortunate experience. The wait time was an hour and half. When I finally was called in, he did not bother to wash his hands or use any kind of sanitizer after dealing with another patient's foot. He then proceeded to go about his task ignoring my questions and reminding me countless times how much my visit would cost. My condition ended up getting worse despite my countless visits, and I ended up paying more than necessary for no results. Do yourself a favor and go to someone who actually went to medical school, as opposed to podiatry school. I definitely suggest a dermatologist.  Respond
RID: 2554247
08/02/13 5 5 5 5 Doctor and staff are very helpful, this is a very busy practice so expect to take your time, I am sure the doctor will do the same for you. I wouldn't recommend other doctor in MD. I have been a patient for almost 7 years and I never felt the other way.
RID: 2439094
04/10/12 1 1 2 3 Staff: DC office staff seem to have bad attitudes, poor work ethic. I stood at the window with a dropoff request and had to wait for 5 mins. while the receptionist finished her personal call. Potomac office staff are bright and cheery. Wait time: this is one of those places where you have to wait for 1 hr before the doctor sees you - every time. He seems stretched very thin like other reviewers have mentioned. Expertise: My first appointment was great but the followups were awful. The doctor told me to read my own report when I asked him what test results meant. Seemed very quick to offer surgery as a solution, even after he had told me I wouldn't need surgery at my prior appointment. He got flippant after I said I wanted a second opinion.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1633553
14/11/11 4 5 5 5 Always on time, very knowledgeable and walks you through everything he's doing.
RID: 1150279
15/04/10 5 5 5 5 I LOVE DR POLUN!!! He is the very best. Not only do I think so, but every person I referred to him feels the same way.
RID: 442756
12/11/07 5 3 5 5 Dr. Polun is the best! Love Love Love him. He is sincere and compassionate with his patients, and takes the time to explain everything to me. I think the staff is top notch and very knowlegeable as well. They get top marks!
Insurance: MAMSI
RID: 427441
11/10/07 2 2 4 4 I have to agree with the previous comment regarding the staff in Dr. Polun's DC office. They always seem to give the impression that they have something better do do than answer your calls or help you when you come in. Unlike the previous commenter, I haven't changed podiatrists, but my blood pressure goes up every time I have to deal with them. Dr. Polun himself is fine, with a nice personality and a helpful attitude. I should point out that he has a tendancy toward aggressive (active) treatment. Sometimes that's great, and sometimes I have found it better to slow down and take a wait-and-see approach. This is a mostly a matter of style and preference. Overall, I have been happy with his treatment, but some people might prefer a different podiatrist.  Respond
RID: 60124
29/11/06 3 4 4 Dr. Polun has three offices. This review is for the DC office. Dr. Polun treated me for about 10 years, but it was his office staff that finally drove me away. Polun himself is knowledgeable, competent and has a great personality, but he's spread too thin among his various enterprises. I get the impression that he spends most of his time at his Potomac office with his more well-heeled (no pun intended) clients and their "sports medicine" complaints, leaving the DC office in the hands of poorly trained practitioners and a non-medical staff who would sooner you go elsewhere and take your ailing feet with you because they simply can't be bothered. I told Polun about it and he instructed the offending party to make it right with me. She ignored him, and me. I'm happily situated with a new podiatrist.