Rate Dr. Franklin R. Polun

Dr. Franklin R. Polun's Ratings

With genetically bad feet, I was in need of a podiatrist. I researched online and found Dr. Franklin Polun's credentials standing out. My first appointment gave me assurance in Dr.Polun's staff and in his knowledge and competence. I am, also, a healthcare professional for 41 years and have seldom seen the patient/doctor relationship so demonstrated by Dr. Polun. He is thorough in explaining the diagnosis and treatment plan and readily available for any questions. I underwent surgery at Suburban Hospital on 11/4/13 and cannot praise the entire surgical team enough. Dr. Polun sat beside me for a lengthy time prior to being wheeled into the surgical suite covering the details of my surgery and expectations post-operatively. What a finely choreographed unit they are-preoperatively, intraoperatively and postoperatively. Dr. Polun is only a phone call away and his office staff, especially Carla, have satisfied my requests as has Rebecca, his surgical coordinator. My choice was right.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2013 | flag

I absolutely love the DC Front Office/Receptionist. She is very polite, pleasant, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful, and is the very reason I come to the DC Office vs Potomac. The doctor was wonderful spent a great deal of time address my issues and concerns, and is knowledgeable.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2013 | flag

Aside from being very competent, Dr. Polun is a genuinely delightful person. He spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions. He is just an all-around nice guy and I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends who are in need of a competent and pleasant podiatrist. Dr. Polun's assistant, Rebecca, is also a very capable and caring person; and his office staff project a friendly atmosphere.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2013 | flag

BEWARE!! Dr Polun did surgery for a hammertoe. He botched it - now I can't run - I can barely walk. Two other professionals have documented the fact that he did a "quick fix" and did not correct the base problem. I have massive swelling and pain. I have a serious complication. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Also - didn't have neuromas he was treating for 8 months with alcohol injections. Now I have to have revision surgery! Dr. Polun doesn't acknowledge the fact he's stolen 2 years of my life and thousands of dollars. When I complained about a floating toe, he put me in a device to "stretch" the tendons and reduce scar tissue. This company, Dynasplint, has been put out of business by the federal government for FRAUD. I'm sure he's missing those large commission checks! Next solution - put a band aid on it! I could go on and on about the lies, deception, and the condescending manner in which he treats you. This man is a business, not a healer.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2013 | flag

It was a really unfortunate experience. The wait time was an hour and half. When I finally was called in, he did not bother to wash his hands or use any kind of sanitizer after dealing with another patient's foot. He then proceeded to go about his task ignoring my questions and reminding me countless times how much my visit would cost. My condition ended up getting worse despite my countless visits, and I ended up paying more than necessary for no results. Do yourself a favor and go to someone who actually went to medical school, as opposed to podiatry school. I definitely suggest a dermatologist.

Submitted March 17, 2013 | flag

Doctor and staff are very helpful, this is a very busy practice so expect to take your time, I am sure the doctor will do the same for you. I wouldn't recommend other doctor in MD. I have been a patient for almost 7 years and I never felt the other way.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2013 | flag

Staff: DC office staff seem to have bad attitudes, poor work ethic. I stood at the window with a dropoff request and had to wait for 5 mins. while the receptionist finished her personal call. Potomac office staff are bright and cheery. Wait time: this is one of those places where you have to wait for 1 hr before the doctor sees you - every time. He seems stretched very thin like other reviewers have mentioned. Expertise: My first appointment was great but the followups were awful. The doctor told me to read my own report when I asked him what test results meant. Seemed very quick to offer surgery as a solution, even after he had told me I wouldn't need surgery at my prior appointment. He got flippant after I said I wanted a second opinion.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2012 | flag

Always on time, very knowledgeable and walks you through everything he's doing.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2011 | flag

I LOVE DR POLUN!!! He is the very best. Not only do I think so, but every person I referred to him feels the same way.

Submitted April 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. Polun is the best! Love Love Love him. He is sincere and compassionate with his patients, and takes the time to explain everything to me. I think the staff is top notch and very knowlegeable as well. They get top marks!

Submitted Nov. 12, 2007 | flag