Rate Dr. M. Steven Hughes

Dr. M. Steven Hughes's Ratings

I enjoyed being a patient of his but left after a few years when I realized that his office is not up-to-date technically (still uses paper filing system, no email) so I grew concerned over how he stays up-to-date from a quality perspective. I talked with him about some recurring problems and he did not recommend any action. I changed doctors and, after explaining the same recurring symptoms to my new doctor, she followed up with tests, diagnosed fibroid cysts and did a procedure which fixed the problem. While I think Dr. Hughes is a very nice person, I am more confident in my new doctor.

Submitted June 23, 2008 | flag

I've been a patient for many years and find him to be cordial, efficient and knowleagable. He listens and is quick to treat/direct you to a solution to your problem. He doesn't take chances and is quick to use a blood test as part of his diagnosis.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2008 | flag

In terms of specialist referrals and prescription drugs, Dr. Hughes is a great resource. He's not inclined to dialog a great deal about symptoms and preventative measures, much less alternative treatments. His private practice is well established and I'm sure he could have retired years ago. Thrashing through a variety options is not his style.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2007 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Hughes for several years. Can always get in quickly and he takes time to explain things thoroughly. Never rushed. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. A truly great doc.

Submitted July 23, 2007 | flag

Dr. Hughes is a nice person who communicates well. His practice is outdated technologically (no email, no electronic medical records) and I wonder at times if his knowledge is up to date, given that he practices alone and therefore doesn't have the benefit of working with practice partners.

Submitted Nov. 28, 2006 | flag