Dr. M. Steven Hughes

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. M. Steven Hughes has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

26/08/13 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Family / G.P." to "Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab"

26/08/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Steven" to "M. Steven"

26/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Bellevue" to "Issaquah"
RID: 621358
23/06/08 4 4 4 3 I enjoyed being a patient of his but left after a few years when I realized that his office is not up-to-date technically (still uses paper filing system, no email) so I grew concerned over how he stays up-to-date from a quality perspective. I talked with him about some recurring problems and he did not recommend any action. I changed doctors and, after explaining the same recurring symptoms to my new doctor, she followed up with tests, diagnosed fibroid cysts and did a procedure which fixed the problem. While I think Dr. Hughes is a very nice person, I am more confident in my new doctor.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 494388
25/01/08 5 5 5 5 I've been a patient for many years and find him to be cordial, efficient and knowleagable. He listens and is quick to treat/direct you to a solution to your problem. He doesn't take chances and is quick to use a blood test as part of his diagnosis.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 468885
20/12/07 5 5 4 4 In terms of specialist referrals and prescription drugs, Dr. Hughes is a great resource. He's not inclined to dialog a great deal about symptoms and preventative measures, much less alternative treatments. His private practice is well established and I'm sure he could have retired years ago. Thrashing through a variety options is not his style.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 371658
23/07/07 5 5 5 5 I've been a patient of Dr. Hughes for several years. Can always get in quickly and he takes time to explain things thoroughly. Never rushed. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. A truly great doc.  Respond
RID: 59685
28/11/06 4 4 4 Dr. Hughes is a nice person who communicates well. His practice is outdated technologically (no email, no electronic medical records) and I wonder at times if his knowledge is up to date, given that he practices alone and therefore doesn't have the benefit of working with practice partners.
Insurance: Aetna