Rate Dr. Miguel Pereira

Dr. Miguel Pereira's Ratings

We've been with Dr Pereira for 7 or so years but have noticed a steady decline in his service. The wait times are typically an hour and when you do finally get him he's rushed. In 7 years he's never even once suggested I should have a physical and when I asked him for a prostate test at 40, he sent me away for a blood count. I think he's more interested in filling his apt book that he is helping people. I think his new sign stating 'we cannot estimate how long your wait will be' sums it up nicely.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1871330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2013

We have been seeing Dr. Pereira since he first arrived in Nanaimo. Our family is so grateful to have had his expertise and guidance. We have recently lost our father and Dr. P. gave us all the time we needed as a family and as individuals to get through the time up to Opa's death and after. He has gotten to know us as a family and takes the time to understand the dynamics and special needs of us as siblings and with families of our own. He also really appreciates when we do our own research and share what we have learned, he is always interested. Dr. P. also has a special place in his heart for teenagers as he always asks about my son and when he is with him gives his full attention and support. We have never felt anything but care and respect and good judgement from this dear man. Dr. Pereira is always there for us and we would recommend him to all ages for excellent care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2012

Dr Pereira has been my Doctor for eight years. I find him very helpful and willing to listen. He doesn't dismiss your feelings and the research you've done. A good doctor! Like all doctors,though, he could keep more up to date with studies and new findings, but I find him very helpful and if he doesn't find the problem, he will recommend you to a specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

I moved to Nanaimo just over 6 months ago and Dr. P was accepting new patients. I have never had a problem getting in to see him. His receptionist Elaine is excellent, always kind, helpful and accommodating with appointments or if I need to cancel. Dr. P himself is a very kind, helpful person. He listens to my concerns and addresses them accordingly. Sometimes he runs late, which is understandable and they are backlogged. But he always sends me for tests and refers to me other dr's and never overlooks any details. Took time out during my son's first visit to ensure any of my concerns or questions as a new parent were answered. Overall am happy being in is care and would recommend him to others looking for a good long term family practitioner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Dr Pereira has been our doctor since he moved to Nanaimo about 6 or 7 years ago, and being a nurse, I was very impressed with how he had treated his patients in the hospital and now am very happy with the care he has given to me and my family. He is attentive and thorough and if he feels he is unsure of a diagnosis he sends you to a specialist in that area of expertise. He is very knowledgeable and thorough. He is very approachable on any subject. He orders tests when they are required and yet does not order them if he feels they are a waste of time. His office staff are very friendly and efficient. I see him regularly due to recent medical concerns and he is always respectful and caring. We are very fortunate to have him here in Nanaimo!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2011

I have only been seeing Dr. Pereira for a short time, but I'm very impressed so far. He seems respectful, knowledgeable and thorough. He listens to concerns and orders diagnostic tests without hesitation. He has a gentle manner which helps his patients to feel comfortable. I would recommend him to those looking for a good GP in Nanaimo.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Dr. Pereira, WAS my Dr. He is a wonderful Dr. I was very blessed to have had him as a Dr. And then he moved away to BC. He was a doctor in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. and he is truely missed by so many people. Come back home to us Dr. Pereira, we need a good doctor here. You are one of the best doctors we had here. You treated us all with respect, your knowledge was a welcome. I truely do miss you, as we all do. I RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR FOR THE BEST ONE YOU CAN FIND. GOD BLESS YOU Dr. Pereira.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2011

Dr Pereira, is a kind and caring doctor that I would recommend highly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2011

The kindest most caring doctor I have ever attended. He is very knowledgeable and most respectful of the person. He has helped relieved or healed my problems thru the many years I have attended him. I am so blessed to have him as my dodtor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2010

Dr. Pereira is the doctor of my 2 sons. We have had to wait to see him but I have no problem doing so as I know he is giving each patient the time they require. He is kind, attentive and very thorough. I believe he only prescribes medication when truly required. Friends who also have him as a doctor have said that he has found solutions to their various issues where others have missed. I am incredibly grateful for his role in my family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871321].votes_count ]]