Rate Dr. O Makinde

Dr. O Makinde's Ratings

A wonderful and thorough doctor that cares about his patients! When I was diagnosed with cancer it was because he was so thorough that I received the help I needed on time!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Dr Makinde is awesome. He is always helpful. I am so happy to have a doctor who doesnt try to push medications and he respects the fact I want to manage things naturally with supplements ect. He even gives me advice and tips for natural remedies ect. He is always prompt in sending me to specialists and is very sincere and caring. The only problem I have is the staff. Lisa is great but, there new receptionist is very rude.... They tend to over book and you could wait forever even if you have an appointment... But he is worth the wait. I am thankful to have him as a doctor! Thank you Dr Makinde!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Every single time I have made an appointment I have been left waiting over an hour in a waiting room. I've watched people who came in much later than me be taken in before me ... at this point I could go to a clinic to have the problem taken care and still be in and out of there before being able to see my doctor when I had a SCHEDULED appointment. Today I sat there for about an hour and a half listening to the phone ringing off the hook behind the nurses glass partition while they laughed and giggled with each other ... gee, wish I could just ignore my patients when I'm at work. :( This has been a long time in coming but I need to look into finding another doctor with some accountability to his patients!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Dr Makinde is very kind, caring, knowledgeable and humble. I love having him as my family doctor. Sometimes the wait is long, but in his defense I must say that I can hear his other patients telling him their life stories through the very thin walls, and he's too polite to brush them off :) Highly recommended doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Makinde is very helpful and knowledgable. Been with him since I was diagnosed with cancer 8 years ago. Lisa is the best too.!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2010

He is wonderful Doctor and knows what he is doing. Very polite,well behaved,caring and always followup. I am over satisfied with his treatment and knowledge, I think he is best in Canada. Very hard to find this kind of doctor and feel lucky to have him. God bless him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

I’ve been his patient since he started practicing in Windsor. I am really happy that I discovered him. Dr Makinde is an excellent doctor, a good diagnostician, with excellent manners, always referred me to the best specialist. Good bless him and help him to keep up his wonderful work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2010

I went to Dr. Makinde 3 times with the same problem: namely coughing, wheezing, and finally coughing blood! Every time I went there he just switched the brand of my antibiotics. I had to ask to be sent to a specialist and to be sent for chest X-rays. Finally, I ended up in the emergency room with a heart rate of 220 with 200 (4 months from the onset of my cough) and the doctors there were baffled that I merely got antibiotics when I was coughing blood. I actually have heart problems - not lung problems. If I were to wait for Dr. Makinde to diagnose correctly and send me to the right specialists I would've died by now. I am very disappointed with his service and don't get me started with his rude staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

I'm writing from the perspective of having a newborn. My son is rarely measured, let alone told where he is developmentaly. The doctor never performed a skin elasticity test on him, only measured his head circumferince and hight once and can't answer baby related questions very well. I'm even less impressed with his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

I know dr. Makinde since he started practicing in Windsor and I must say that his patient service has changed from very good to poor service. He shows signs of burning out and not always does he answer questions satisfactorily. There's always a wait of at least 30 minutes to even 2.5 hours and his staff is rude and lacks customer service. Not once have I or a member of my family been referred to a specialist and they never called with the appointment. Once I inquired, the specialist never even got the fax with the referral (although dr. Makinde's staff maintains that they did send it). At times you can get in to see him on short notice (within 24 hours) but most times you have to wait for at least 48 hours to get an appointment. Overall, I am sad to see a good doctor go down mostly because he's overbooked and has inadequate support staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876074].votes_count ]]