Rate Dr. Stanley Shortt

Dr. Stanley Shortt's Ratings

We love our doctor!! He treats both of our children who are losing their vision due to Retinitis Pigmentosa. He originally diagnosed and began seeing our children when we lived in Victoria. We now live "up-island" and travel 3 hours to continue to have him see the children. He is an expert in his field and very caring and gentle with our kids(something all parents want!!)Wait times are usually long, but we feel the wait is worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

it was like medicine in a bowling alley. long hall full of elderly people. nurse did not introduce herself. did not wash her hands. touched my eye with the dropper of a communal eye drop bottle. applied drops to cornea not periorbital sac. (less pain for patient dear). poorly trained. doctor breezed in. shook my hand. chatted politely. tried to touch my eye. asked him to please wash his hands before touching my eye. defensive but compliant. receptionist rude and inconsiderate. will not go back. apparently, he puts thru 50 patients an hour. saw dr short at 515 pm. appt was for 345. unable to assess his knowledge. he didnt add anything to the equation of a retina that had already been well lasered by a retinologist in another country. oh. he did allow that i shouldnt let myself get jerked around because i had a couple of potential bleeders in there. see a bit of irony there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1882048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Very impressed with his staff, in particular an east indian technician, Dr Shoort is very busy, but put me at ease and explained the reason for laser treatment very well. Had the laser this afternoon at RJH, very fast and feels Ok. I recommend his services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1882047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

Friendly, efficient, explained dianosis clearly even at the end of the day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1882046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

Dr. Shortt was superb -- highly skilled, an excellent communicator, very patient. Waited a bit but it was not a problem -- he obviously likes to ensure his patients know exactly what is going on with their health. He is well placed in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1882045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

Has surgeon partner who is also very good. Doctors are never on time. Bureaucratic office staff are a widespread problem in Canada and US.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1882044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Very attentive. Good listener. Knowledgable. Professional and patient. Couldn't speak more highly of Dr. Shortt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1882043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

Dr. Shortt is a very knowledgeable doctor who took the time to explain to me the procedure he was going to do. He was honest and to-the-point and truly seemed to care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1882042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2012

I was very pleased with the staff's care and especially with Dr. Shortt explaining things to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1882041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

He is a great doctor, is very helpful. Was kind enough to recommended a great Optometrist that was close to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1882040].votes_count ]]