Rate Dr. Kier MacMillan

Dr. Kier MacMillan's Ratings

Kier has been my doc for many years and I always had great respect for him and felt myself very lucky to be in his care. However, I agree with the last comment. Things have changed. The receptionist is very abrupt and downright rude at times. She is more of a gatekeeper than a helpful receptionist. Kier does indeed pay more attention these days to the clock and his computer than actually listening and thoroughly examining me. I too wish for a return of the old Kier who took his time, listened and seemed to genuinely care so that you left the office feeling you were in the best hands possible. Another thing is it's next impossible to get an appointment except for a "5 minute fit-in" which is useless if you have any complex problem. I get more time at a walk-in clinic with a doc I don't know than with Kier. I hope too this is a temporary situation due to stress of having a private practice but they really need to make some positive changes.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2726717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

Dr. MacMillan has been our GP for a number of years. I have always agreed with all the positive comments here but things seem to be changing. We get the feeling that there is a lot of stress in the office. Perhaps the Dr. and his receptionist are becoming burned out in dealing with a very full practice. The receptionist is often abrupt, cold and seems irritated with having to deal with patients. Dr. MacMillan does not seem as connected as he used to be and and how much time your appointment is taking often feels more important than what you have to say. We realize that it's important for an office to run on time, but somehow there is something missing from the caring, welcoming practice this used to be. Hopefully, this is a short term situation.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2684401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

What everyone else has said. AMAZING doctor. So caring. Runs right on time. Admits when he doesn't know something. Offers alternatives to drugs, doesn't overprescribe. Feels like visiting a friend :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Kier Rocks! Best run office in the city! Sincere, Honest and no B. Sh#t. I am truly blessed to have him caring for my family

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2583293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2556757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Has been my physician since 1999, very good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2552812].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Has been my physician since 2001, and I am very impressed with everything.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2536834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Kier has been my doctor since 1994, and even when I lived in Nanaimo, I used to devote a whole day to travel down to see him. He is a great physician and has treated me with kindness and respect. When I've been through times of pain or crisis, he has always made time for me and counselled me better than mental health professionals were at the time. It's too bad there isn't more time in the day as many in Victoria would benefit from his care.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1884916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Kier was my family doctor for the 12 months that I lived in Victoria. Sincere, kind, and overall wonderful. Staff is great. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1884915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

I have seen many G.P.’s in Victoria and he’s the only one who has ever taken any of my concerns seriously. He genuinely listens when you explain things and provides you with as many resources as he can in order to educate you on what you’re going through. I was managing strange and uncomfortable symptoms for years and within 9 months of seeing Dr Macmillan I had been to a number of specialists of whom, in the end, were able to provide a concrete diagnosis. Not one other G.P. had ever recommended me to any specialists even after years appointments and thorough explanations of my symptoms. I am very thankful that I’m able to see a doctor that genuinely cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1884914].votes_count ]]