Rate Dr. Joshua Polsky

Dr. Joshua Polsky's Ratings

Awesome doctor!!!Has the best bed side manner ever! He was my ob for our first child and was an awesome. Was very compassionate and caring and never felt like I was rushed or just another pregnant women. We got pregnant again and seen him at my 12 week check up did the doppler ultrasound and found the baby right away with no heartbeat. Very devastating. The baby stopped growing at 9 weeks. Dr. polsky was very caring and passioinate again. He did a d and c and everything worked out. Would not want another doctor ever again. He took care of me every step of the way and let me know that he would take care of me. I would refer him to anyone

Submitted June 22, 2013 | flag

I have had Dr. Polsky for 11 years now. He saw me through 4 miscarriages, 3 risky pregnancies and all 3 deliveries of my little miracles.. Through ALL of this he has been caring, understanding, and compassionate going above and beyond what he had to do. After that many miscarriages I was in a million pieces but he never let me give up, doing every test possible to find out why. We came up empty handed, and finally I stayed pregnant for my Macie. this was a scary and terrifying time and we got through it with him. Same for the other 2 babies I had. Met his wife a couple of time when she was helping and loved her too!! Very down to earth people. The babies I have here today are because of this man!!! I owe them all to him. We have now closed our chapter after my recent hysterectomy. I'll have my 6 week check up and will probably no longer see him :(((( I will miss him. He always made me feel safe and comfortable through everything. He knew me well and knew what I had been through.Cheers!

Submitted March 31, 2013 | flag

Dr Polsky has been my Dr for over 5 years and he is just amazing very caring and helpful. I have had to go on fertiltiy drugs for all of my pregnancy and I have 2 girls and a little baby boy on the way. His staff is awesome all very kind and very professional. I have only ever waited for 40 minutes once and all other times I have gotten in in less then 20 mins. He delivered my first child she was a 27 hour delivery and he tried everything to get her delivered without a c-section I did get prepped for one but he tried on more thing and she was born. He was a God send. I recommend to all my girlfriends. Great DR. 10/10

Submitted Sept. 15, 2012 | flag

My husband and I lost our first child at just over 17 weeks. It was an extremely difficult situation to go through. Dr. Polsky was not on call the day this occured, and I was going to have to deliver our baby with a doctor I didn't know. Somehow Dr. Polsky caught wind of this, and came to the hospital to deliver our baby. In turns out, I needed a D and C too. Again, he was NOT on call, but he told me personally that he was going to pick up his kids from school, get them settled, and come back to the hospital to perform the D and C. I felt bad and told him that he didn't have to do that, he said "You are my patient, and I am taking care of you." I was so grateful. He also ran every test possible to try and figure out why the miscarriage occured. We found the cause, and I am now pregnant again, 6 weeks away from my due date. He also saved my sister's son's life by doing an emergency C-section. Myself, my husband, and my family are all very impressed and grateful that he is our OB.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2012 | flag

My doctor originally referred me to him because she thought I needed a laser ablation. He reviewed my history and made suggestions to preserve my fertility. Now that I'm ready to try to have a child he's there to help. I had a horrible experience with another OB-GYN so I was terrified going in but I was so relieved after my first meeting with him. He's warm and caring. He put me at ease and treated me with respect. Yes I sit in the waiting room for a long time to see him but that's to be expected with an OB-GYN. Babies aren't known for arriving on predictable schedules. I need to be aware and involved or he might miss a detail or two but that is true with any doctor. Patients need to be active partners in their medical care. OVERALL: He's a great guy, with a good sense of humour, and my only complaint is that he's a Red Wings fan. His wife's a Leafs fan though so that's something. :)

Submitted Nov. 16, 2011 | flag

Update: I met with Dr.Polsky again at my family doctors office to review/discuss my failed surgery. He was very apologetic and offered many options that we could try going forward as well as offered to redo the surgery at a later date if I wanted. He answered my concerns about my initial long wait time and did enlighten me as to why the long waits occur. He said he has also implemented some new office procedures for 2011 that he hoped would help with the long waits. I feel the follow up visit was productive and went well.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2011 | flag

I was referred by my family to Dr. Polsky and my initial office visit he was 1 hr 50 min. late. I had to put money in a meter 3 times, staff were not sympathetic or helpful with change,telling me to go to the store across the street or the bakery to get change. My procedure of an endometrial ablasion was suppossed to be minor with no incisions. ( done internally) I woke up with 2 incisions and NO surgery done. I never saw the Dr. he spoke over the phone to my husband,saying he had accidentally punctured my uterus,had to make incisions to fix and my surgery was a failure.(nurses quote) Surgery was on a Monday. no phone call till Fri.from his office to check on me. Went to my family doctor to change my bandages and tell him what happened, he said he wasnt aware of a failure rate at all for this minor surgery. Im meeting with Dr. Polsky in 2 days and will post an update about this so far horrible experience. I feel "care" is lacking in this healthcare.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2011 | flag

Great doctor, wonderful bedside manner. Made me feel comfortable in a totally scary situation. Long waits in office, but that is to be expected with a specialist.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2010 | flag

I have had Dr. Polsky twice now, and we even used his name to name our son. He wasn't even on call the night I went into labor, but he came in anyways. And we're talking an all night long pain in the ass labor. He stayed from midnight till eleven am to deliver my son. And he was exhausted!!! I was more then happy that he is treating me again with this pregnancy. I find him sympathetic and attentive, which is what every pregnant women needs. Obviously saving lives and delivering babies is no small feat, so mistakes are bound to be made. But his track record says more then enough about his skills. And he is an impressive human being on top of it. I am grateful that I shared such intimate experiences with him, and I'm looking forward to this one as well. LS.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2009 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Polsky last year by my family doctor. Dr. Polsky went over all of the options available to me to address my particuar concern. Even when he's called out of the office to deliver a baby and inevitably falls behind schedule, he takes the time to answer my questions and explain things to me. I feel VERY fortunate to have been referred to him.

Submitted June 17, 2008 | flag