Rate Dr. Joshua Polsky

Dr. Joshua Polsky's Ratings

I was very unhappy with Dr. Polsky
I was 6 months Pregnant with my son and one morning i woke up in really bad pain in my left leg
I call the Dr. Office and got seen that afternoon
i told Dr.Polsky where pain was and what was going on
I felt as if he rushed me out of Office telling me dont worry nothing is wrong with you and all that it is that you Pregnant!
I was so up set that he told me nothing was wrong when i felt in my heart there was something wrong
so i left went back home and then 2 hour later i couldnt even walk on my leg at all i was scared at this point
and the pain was unbelievable
i have never experienced pain like this before and i have had many issues before with kidney stones being pregnant and that was pain but this pain was way worse
so i decided to go to clinic and the seem me right away and sent me to hospital asap saying oh we think its a Dvt Blood Clot
so i went go admitted tested and nothing but it was not polsky to admit me!
it was a Dr. at Clinic how sad on Dr. Polsky part as a Obgyn!
anyhow i kept going back it took about a month n half to find it but i had a Dvt Blood Clot and it was not Polsky that found it.
he keep telling me Oh your here again!
Oh i told u before your Pregnant
Well hello i know that much!
so when i found out i had a Dvt i went back to polsky to tell him becuz he kept telling me i didnt have a dvt
so but the time it was found i couldnt walk i was in a wheel chair in the worst pain i have ever experienced in my life and pregnant too and also getting dr telling me oh ur just pregnant!
what a bad Dr.
so anyways i went to see him in his office and the worst thing he could have done he did!
he works in an office with a another Obgyn not sure of her name im sorry!
but i was waiting for Polsky to come in to the room but he was so ashamed of him self like he should have been that he would not come in to room and that he sent his partner or other Obgyn at the same and she was offering to take me on ....
i freaked out i was pissed so when she seen that she went and got him!
i would also like to say the lady that first did ultrasound on my leg that polsky sent me for had made a form to send to polsky saying that my blod flow was very slow
she told me this after i seen her 3 months later after i had my son
i seen her again to see what was going on with my Dvt clot
it just so happened to be her that i got and i was happy i got her too
anyhow she tole me that she made a report saying my blood was moving so slow n poling at bottom of my foot that a blood clot was most likely going to appear
but polsky disregarded it
so lets hope polsky learned from me
hear what a pregnant women is telling u
i mean dont tell me its a siska nerve
and send me to massage thearpist
worst think to do becuz when i came out i was having small peaces brake off n go to my lungs
so it could have killed me n my unborn son
if i wasnt so percissent

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2610394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Awesome doctor!!!Has the best bed side manner ever! He was my ob for our first child and was an awesome. Was very compassionate and caring and never felt like I was rushed or just another pregnant women. We got pregnant again and seen him at my 12 week check up did the doppler ultrasound and found the baby right away with no heartbeat. Very devastating. The baby stopped growing at 9 weeks. Dr. polsky was very caring and passioinate again. He did a d and c and everything worked out. Would not want another doctor ever again. He took care of me every step of the way and let me know that he would take care of me. I would refer him to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

I have had Dr. Polsky for 11 years now. He saw me through 4 miscarriages, 3 risky pregnancies and all 3 deliveries of my little miracles.. Through ALL of this he has been caring, understanding, and compassionate going above and beyond what he had to do. After that many miscarriages I was in a million pieces but he never let me give up, doing every test possible to find out why. We came up empty handed, and finally I stayed pregnant for my Macie. this was a scary and terrifying time and we got through it with him. Same for the other 2 babies I had. Met his wife a couple of time when she was helping and loved her too!! Very down to earth people. The babies I have here today are because of this man!!! I owe them all to him. We have now closed our chapter after my recent hysterectomy. I'll have my 6 week check up and will probably no longer see him :(((( I will miss him. He always made me feel safe and comfortable through everything. He knew me well and knew what I had been through.Cheers!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

Dr Polsky has been my Dr for over 5 years and he is just amazing very caring and helpful. I have had to go on fertiltiy drugs for all of my pregnancy and I have 2 girls and a little baby boy on the way. His staff is awesome all very kind and very professional. I have only ever waited for 40 minutes once and all other times I have gotten in in less then 20 mins. He delivered my first child she was a 27 hour delivery and he tried everything to get her delivered without a c-section I did get prepped for one but he tried on more thing and she was born. He was a God send. I recommend to all my girlfriends. Great DR. 10/10

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2012

My husband and I lost our first child at just over 17 weeks. It was an extremely difficult situation to go through. Dr. Polsky was not on call the day this occured, and I was going to have to deliver our baby with a doctor I didn't know. Somehow Dr. Polsky caught wind of this, and came to the hospital to deliver our baby. In turns out, I needed a D and C too. Again, he was NOT on call, but he told me personally that he was going to pick up his kids from school, get them settled, and come back to the hospital to perform the D and C. I felt bad and told him that he didn't have to do that, he said "You are my patient, and I am taking care of you." I was so grateful. He also ran every test possible to try and figure out why the miscarriage occured. We found the cause, and I am now pregnant again, 6 weeks away from my due date. He also saved my sister's son's life by doing an emergency C-section. Myself, my husband, and my family are all very impressed and grateful that he is our OB.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2012

My doctor originally referred me to him because she thought I needed a laser ablation. He reviewed my history and made suggestions to preserve my fertility. Now that I'm ready to try to have a child he's there to help. I had a horrible experience with another OB-GYN so I was terrified going in but I was so relieved after my first meeting with him. He's warm and caring. He put me at ease and treated me with respect. Yes I sit in the waiting room for a long time to see him but that's to be expected with an OB-GYN. Babies aren't known for arriving on predictable schedules. I need to be aware and involved or he might miss a detail or two but that is true with any doctor. Patients need to be active partners in their medical care. OVERALL: He's a great guy, with a good sense of humour, and my only complaint is that he's a Red Wings fan. His wife's a Leafs fan though so that's something. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2011

Update: I met with Dr.Polsky again at my family doctors office to review/discuss my failed surgery. He was very apologetic and offered many options that we could try going forward as well as offered to redo the surgery at a later date if I wanted. He answered my concerns about my initial long wait time and did enlighten me as to why the long waits occur. He said he has also implemented some new office procedures for 2011 that he hoped would help with the long waits. I feel the follow up visit was productive and went well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2011

I was referred by my family to Dr. Polsky and my initial office visit he was 1 hr 50 min. late. I had to put money in a meter 3 times, staff were not sympathetic or helpful with change,telling me to go to the store across the street or the bakery to get change. My procedure of an endometrial ablasion was suppossed to be minor with no incisions. ( done internally) I woke up with 2 incisions and NO surgery done. I never saw the Dr. he spoke over the phone to my husband,saying he had accidentally punctured my uterus,had to make incisions to fix and my surgery was a failure.(nurses quote) Surgery was on a Monday. no phone call till Fri.from his office to check on me. Went to my family doctor to change my bandages and tell him what happened, he said he wasnt aware of a failure rate at all for this minor surgery. Im meeting with Dr. Polsky in 2 days and will post an update about this so far horrible experience. I feel "care" is lacking in this healthcare.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2011

Great doctor, wonderful bedside manner. Made me feel comfortable in a totally scary situation. Long waits in office, but that is to be expected with a specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2010

I have had Dr. Polsky twice now, and we even used his name to name our son. He wasn't even on call the night I went into labor, but he came in anyways. And we're talking an all night long pain in the ass labor. He stayed from midnight till eleven am to deliver my son. And he was exhausted!!! I was more then happy that he is treating me again with this pregnancy. I find him sympathetic and attentive, which is what every pregnant women needs. Obviously saving lives and delivering babies is no small feat, so mistakes are bound to be made. But his track record says more then enough about his skills. And he is an impressive human being on top of it. I am grateful that I shared such intimate experiences with him, and I'm looking forward to this one as well. LS.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885501].votes_count ]]