You may also like

Rate Dr. Sonja Kustka

Dr. Sonja Kustka's Ratings

I have been going to this doctor for over 10 years and she is amazing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2805743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Interesting to read all the comments. I have been a patient of Dr. Kustka for, well, over 20 yrs (there was a gap of a few years when she stopped her practice for a while to raise young kids).

It's true that she has had some bitchy receptionists in the past (one, in particular), but those days are gone. Currently all is good in that area. Same with wait times: I have been there for afternoon appointments and had to wait more than an hour. That has not happened in a long time. It could be that is because I generally book mornings (I never wait more than 10 min), but I recently had to see her in an emergency and waited about a half hour during the mid afternoon. That seems pretty good for a GP in TO.

She also does charge a fee now, which I was at first hesitant to pay, because at the time I was seeing her very rarely, and I already see other alternative practitioners. But, as I am older now, and have a family, we end up going much more often, and I appreciate the extra knowledge she has that many doctors do not. She will always choose the remedy that has the least side-effects, or the alternative to pharmaceuticals.

Her demeanor I find a bit odd - I've always seen this as a personality difference - and, she seemed impatient with my youngest child, who was nervous about a needle. But, in the end, she is waaaaaaay better than any GP I've ever seen before. Her rating would be an all-round 5, if not for the impatience (she has always otherwise been very patient with me and other family).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

I believe Dr Kustka means well, however not supportive in discussing non traditional choices if you don't pay 300. 00 or so per annum. This was not how she use to practise before her divorce. People working for her in the past few years have had many abusive experiences from over work with no money . I have experienced inconsistent behaviour, she's definitely passive aggressive and money focused. They charge you for each page of your results should you wish a copy when all that is required is a simple note for a copy on the requisition . Can't leave a message, can't email, no reminder of upcoming annual physical. On the other hand is genorous if she is in the mood with lab tests. My parent has passed from a heart attack, when asked a few years ago for an electrocardiograph she flat out refused ! Fortunately that happened once just because. All in all I am not thrilled with her behaviour, condescending for the most part.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2634703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

Dr. Kustka has been my doctor for several years. In the past couple of months her punctuality has definitely improved. She is very kind and will give you a referral if something is out of her specialty and has no problem running as many tests as it takes to find out what is wrong. The fee that she charges is so that if you need a letter from a doctor or prescription refills those can be done over the phone. I have been to other doctors who have charged me $50 for a letter and have you come in each time you need a prescription refilled. When you come into their office your insurance is being billed for that visit, even if it's just for a prescription refill that you've been using for years. Those doctors are far more money focused and are wasting your time for them to make money. I highly recommend Dr. Kustka as a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2614624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

SHOCKED! Absolutely shocked at the lack of professional regard and MONEY FOCUS!! I find is intensely appauling that a 'doctor' can act in this fashion. It is clear that she is more concerned with the size of her wallet then the care and health of her patients. GROSS!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2609269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Money-focused not medically focused. One of the worst doctors I have ever been to.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2535992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

This world is so unfair, Dr. Kustka is an excellent doctor. I like her alot! She's friendly and cares about your health@ I cannot believe that anyone would complain about how long they had to wait to see her when you spend long lines waiting at TIm Horton or at the border.People are so unfair and ungreatful. She will send you for tests upon tests to ensure you are okay. I don't get it! I have never experienced any of her receptionist being rude. Maybe you people have issues. I used to have a doctor that fraustrated me along with his secretary and to have her, it's such a joy for me.You should have seen her eyes when she sees my boys, age 16 & 22, she is a great human being. I wish the fees business will be out of it though. NO one has such money to spend in these day and age. Sonja, to me, you rock!!! She is a 4/5 to me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1886679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2013

Dr Kustka has been my physician for the past two years. I have a long list of health issues and she is the first dr who was able to manage all these conditions with excellence and helped me feel my best. I am so grateful for her care. She listens and has a great group of referral specialists. I prefer holistic health methods and she is proactive with natural solutions but if you are old school and would like a pharmaceutical, she is careful to protect you from any side effects. She is getting a lot better with her timing. I was actually in ahead of my scheduled time on my last appt. Because she is so caring, she may get behind and most of her patients do not mind. She has a wonderful assistant who is great at what she does. I thank my lucky stars for having this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1886678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

Dr. Kustka is a very compassionate, caring doctor. She takes the time to listen to the patient and makes one feel very comfortable and at ease. Her bedside manner is very soothing and comforting, and I highly recommend her. I also like the fact that she will always try a natural remedy prior to using conventional medications.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1886677].votes_count ]]