Rate Dr. Jewel Gold

Dr. Jewel Gold's Ratings

Very attentive,and takes time to tell you what she sees in test and gives an overall review of possible outcomes

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr Jewel Gold gave me the freedom to enjoy all running, swimming and biking that is part of my life. I have a slight thickness in my upper septum 1mm(HCM) and had other issues. With Dr. Gold's diagnosis and careful prescription of a beta blocker. I have now completed 16 half marathons, 2 full marathons and 1 half iron-man...SAFELY. She gave me my max allowed heart rate which I stick to religiously. I cannot thank her enough. Forget the rest, she is truly the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2012

Terrible doctor. She finds her patients in baycrest and asks for them to see her. Then talks to her family members about dinner while you sit in front of her with no regard. Once she changes some meds absolutly no follow up or taperdown of 20 year meds. This woman should be disbarred or sued unfortunatly she prays on the elderly and allows them to die without even calling or paying any respect.. If shes your doctor RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND FIND A CARDIOLOGIST THAT CARES.. SHE DOES NOT!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2011

Not only is this doctor extememly moody, she can be very dismissive of her patients. Most important, she is far from thorouhg in her examinations. If you value your life avoid her at all costs. Find a doctor who cares and who will request the appropriate tests.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Working for this woman was my worst experience ever. She was mean, rude and very impatient. I was an experienced medical secretary and have always enjoyed my job, until I met this horrid wretch of a person. I honestly do not think she has a heart or any warmth to her. All she did was plan trips and made sure her nanny was going to be on every family outing, she only had 2 children. She has gone through an enormous amount of secretaries since I left, so I know it had nothing to do with me. She definitely has issues and should not be in the health care profession.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Gold through the emergency department at Mount Sinai hospital when a chronic heart condition was first discovered. In my subsequent follow up with her, I was impressed by the thoroughness of her investigations, and the way she communicated with me. I really like her manner. She is both warm and direct. I felt like we had a partnership in treating my condition, and that I was a trusted and valued member of that partnership. In comparing my experience with that of others I know who see cardiologists, Dr. Gold was clearly superior in all aspects of her care. One of my friends left his cardiologist and went to Dr. Gold on my recommendation, and he is very pleased with her too. In all, I consider myself very lucky to have been sent to Dr. Gold by the emergency department.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2010

I first saw this Dr. in emerg. Later on I saw her in her office for a follow up. Most of the time I was in her office, she was on the phone with a colleague about her upcoming family ski trip. She took a very casual response to my problem, taking a wait and see approach. The following year I had the same problem and again she brushed it off, instead of investigating the reason for my condition. Subsequently, a year later I ended up in the same emerg. department, this time with a heart attack, and requiring a quadruple bypass. The new cardiologist was most compassionate and caring and very knowledgeable and he guided me through the entire process. I found Dr. Gold not thorough regarding my care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2009

Not responding to the needs of the pacient.Talks over her shoulderto the patient. She made me feel I am there for no good reason. Not explaining the procedure.Very unpleasant experience, would not recommend.Did not received me when I was in need but when she wanted to show my case to a student, 2 month later. who needs this?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

I thought this doctor was great when I first met her in the emergency room. She agreed to take my elderly mother on as a patient. We had another four appointments with her at her office. At a later date my mother was admitted into the hospital by emergency and was in the hospital for over a month. My mother's hospital room was a few doors down the hall from her office and on the same floor. Dr. Gold would not go by and see her or discuss anything about her situation. I called her secretary at least 30 times. Apparently there is a unspoken rule of "admitting politics"--i.e. the cardio who admits the patient treats the patient. Dr. Gold did not return my calls nor did she bother to discuss my mothers situation again. I asked the cardio that was on her case to discuss and consult with Dr. Gold. No responce. I requested to speak with Dr. Gold. No responce. I would not recommend a Doctor who could ignore a patient in need. My mother did not deserve to be treated that way!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2008

VERY COLD IMPERSONALBLE HUMAN BEING. I LOST A LOVE ONE 2 WEEKS AGO. AFTER SPENDING 5 DAYS WITH THIS CASE SHE DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO COME IN THE ROOM AND SAY SORRY AFTER HE DIED. SHE HAS NO COMPASSION AND SHE SHOULD GET INTO A DIFFERENT FIELD! SHE JUST WANTS AN EMPTY BED. I AM SO UPSET BY HER COLDNESS AND CRUELTY TOWARDS THE ELDERLY. IF IT WERE HER FATHER WOULD SHE FEEL THE SAME. AS LONG AS A PERSON IS ALIVE IT SHOULDNT MATTER HOW OLD THEY ARE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1889628].votes_count ]]