Dr. Marci K. Cook

Reston, Virginia Map External Link
Gender:F
Specialty:Reproductive Endocrinologist
Website: marcikropcookmd.com External Link
Practice: Fertility Specialist Marci Krop Cook, M.D.
Hospital: Reston Hospital Center
Phone:703-925-9300
Med. School:State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine
Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Marci K. Cook has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3596656
05/11/13 5 4 5 5 I recently moved away after having Dr. Cook as my doctor for many years (over 10). Was looking for her address & stumbled upon these reviews and felt I had to comment. She is wonderful and I will miss having her as a doctor. She is knowledgeable, compassionate, and spends time with her patients. Very rarely have I ever had to wait and when I did, well folks....it is a doctor's office! Her staff was always friendly and very helpful. I would recommend her highly.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Marci" to "Marci K."
RID: 2495938
10/12/12 3 1 4 5 The office is tasteful, the staff are pleasant, Dr. Cook is very knowledgeable, but they are simply *horrible* about appointment punctuality. I always wait at least 45 minutes to be seen. Very old school approach. I work too and it ticks me off hearing them joking and bantering while I'm sitting in an exam room for an hour.
RID: 2478943
20/11/12 4 5 5 5 I have gone to Dr. Cook for 3 years and I absolutely love her. I love her staff however one seems to be a little gruff over the phone. My initial visit was nerve racking on my end because I had just moved to the area and was worried I wouldn't find someone I liked. Within 10 minutes of my arrival She was able to see me and we had a short consulation and then exam and that was that. I ended up needing and ultrasound to rule out something and that was scheduled immediately, roughly within a week and I was able to schedule this for 7am so that I wouldnt have to miss work. I have been able to call with questions and get answers immediately. I absolutely love her and because this is such a small practice, waiting or crowds arent really an issue which is always a plus! I have never had any billing issues, in fact, my insurance covered part of the ultrasound that I paid for and recieved a call that I would receive a credit for future visits. She is the BEST!!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2417097

04/09/12 1 1 1 1 This doctor was on the phone during our appointment. She has bad bedside manners and wanted to run tests to make money. She seemed very sweet at first but that's her way of making patients. Her staff is very rude from front desk to the nurses. It's a horrible place to go for any reason. Please stay away!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2370914
16/07/12 5 4 5 5 I have had experiences with doctors who are brisk, rude, uncaring, unknowledgeable, and total flakes. Dr. Cook is none of these things! I had the most friendly, caring, personal service I have ever had from a healthcare professional with her. In the 2 years I saw her for fertility issues, sometimes daily, I never felt uncomfortable or hesitant of asking questions. She personally called me with results and instructions every time, whether good news or not. She came in on weekends for monitoring and personally performed every ultrasound I had, and I had a lot of them. She was there for every high and low, and always positive. Her staff was always kind and supportive. Infertility is a very emotionally draining process to deal with, and it helps to have professionals who care about their patients. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Cook to anyone facing infertility. I have beautiful twins to show for my struggle, who would probably not be here if not for her.
RID: 1475697

29/06/11 1 1 1 1 1st: Waited 1 hour (no other patients were in the office) while listening to conversations between Dr. Cook & her staff - everything f/some lunch she was trying to set up (every excruciating detail) to movies seen & & those desired to be seen. 2nd: Embarrassing for my lack of knowledge, at the time & I'm unable to be detailed, but, Dr. Cook performed an exam that I did not need. She never told me it was unnecessary, never challenged it, & did not discuss it w/me in any way. She should be ashamed of herself for what I can only deduce is greed. 3rd: Only after the appt. did I confirm that GYNs are not considered specialists on my plan. Initially, I did write my check for the lower amount of a primary care doc. But after the receptionist snapped that the specialist fee was due, I conceded. Upon reviewing the claim summary, the office listed that I paid the lower amount and, of course, I never received acknowledgement nor a refund. Shame, shame, shame on them again.  Respond

17/11/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

10/11/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1192262
18/06/10 1 1 1 1 I had the worst experience with Dr Cook. She is a truly appalling professional. She preys on people facing difficult situations like infertility. Without elaborating on my specific medical issues, I can say she plays favorites. If she doesn't like your condition or your personality, you can forget about her compassion or interest. I had numerous appointments and waited a very long time each time. During a consultation with some disheartening results where I ended up crying, she got up to take a phone call. Of course she billed my insurance hundreds of dollars while taking this phone call. She never calls with lab results. You must go for a consultation so she can bilk you insurance. She will require many appointments. Her staff is pleasant but really stupid and uneducated. No RN on staff. I think this indicates how cheap she is. I've never thought of having a doctor investigated before. I am thinking of reporting her to my insurance company and possibly the state of Virginia. Do yourself a favor and stay away!
RID: 1187626
11/06/10 5 5 5 5 I saw Dr. Cook after she was recommended to me by a friend. I was having unexplained pain and saw two doctors previously with no relief. I walked into her office and immediately felt comfortable. Her staff was so friendly and caring, and made me feel like a long-time patient instead of one that came in for the first time. Dr. Cook was very patient with me, taking the time I needed to answer all of my questions. After she evaluated me, I came back in and she helped me to understand why I was having pain. Long story short, I am without pain for the first time in months, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to my friends. Caring, compassionate, and really knowledgeable.  Respond
RID: 667831
18/08/08 4 3 4 3 Dr Cook is a nice doctor but I was also in an awkward position where she diagnosed me as having no fibroids when I did. It was scary to get this diagnosis when I've had them for years and when I went for an ultrasound to confirm the presence of fibroids after her diagnosis, the ultrasound confirmed that I still had them. Lost my confidence.
RID: 662314

11/08/08 3 2 3 3 The staff was very nice, but Dr. Cook was a nightmare. She had me come in for unnecessary frequent ultrasounds that cost $400 a pop and started me off on full fertility drugs even though I wasn't infertile. I ended up having a serious reaction to them and had to get surgery. It seemed like she was doing all she could do to squeeze money out of me. She was a waste of my time and money.  Respond
RID: 620498
22/06/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Cook is THE BEST doctor there is. She is a fantastic, caring, empathetic, and amazing doctor and she employs a wonderful and very helpful staff. The office is small (the doc and 3 others) and they take the time to get to know you and understand your needs/concerns. I have been a patient, off and on, for 15 yrs and I have a beautiful little boy thanks to this practice. On my first surgery (I have had 4 w/Dr Cook), every pre-op nurse stopped by and told me that I had "the best" taking care of me. How right they were! I drive 35 miles 1-way just to see this doc. She is caring and professional, and easily conveys that your issues can be dealt with and there are workable options. Her quiet reassurance and her warm smile have kept me going thru some very hard times. Her sonogram technician has been with her for more than 10 yrs and is fantastic, friendly, and caring. I have recommended Dr Cook and her staff to many and will continue to do so for anyone who needs her services.
RID: 56669
16/11/06 4 4 4 She is a very good doctor. Very professional and very kind as well. She goes by the book very procedural and all. We went to her for almost 9 months and had to switch to a different doctor because we moved. Only very few times we had to wait a little longer for her at her clinic, but most of the time she will see us in less than 10 to 15 mins or so. The only disadvantage with her is she doesn't see on weekends or late evening or something like that. But I guess that shouldn't matter for most of the people!.