Rate Dr. Stephanie Akbari

Dr. Stephanie Akbari's Ratings

Dr. Akbari was most knowledgable, presented the facts clearly and articulated the pros and cons of the issue without hesitation. Dr. Akbari allowed my wife and I to absorb the ramifications of dealing with breast cancer as she conveyed the process, while she took copious notes for us. This enabled us to listen and absorb the numerous variables, asa questions, listen to the response - all without the worry of "will we remember what Dr Akbari said". It was all written down and no burden to recall hour long appointment. Outstanding.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2011 | flag

The doctor is great! I would highly recommend her. But the service her staff offered is TERRIBLE. They show no sympathy. When they schedule the breast cancer surgery, they will let you wait LONG time, just like schedule a routine teeth cleaning. VERY VERY disappointed about her staff.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2010 | flag

Dr. Akbari is one of the best doctors I've every had. She is extremely compassionate, knowledgable, extremely effective and very skilled. She is the Director of the Northern VA Breast Institute and made my breast cancer treatment so much easier on me. I just love her and her great staff! I would never go to another breast surgeon.

Submitted March 12, 2010 | flag

I was quite impressed leading up to the surgery (biopsy). Was supposed to have results within 2-3 days. It is now day 7. I cannot get the doctor or her nurse to return my phone calls to find out if I have cancer or not. That's not right.

Submitted April 27, 2009 | flag

I have had 2 visits with Dr. Akbari and was impressed. She listens and takes the time to check symptoms.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2008 | flag

No bedside manner. Very short and rude. No compassion.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2007 | flag

Extremely thorough exam. Approachable, compassionate. Answered all my questions. Very helpful office staff. I highly recommend Dr. Akbari.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2006 | flag

Highly skilled and knowledgeable; compassionate, detailed, available to answer questions. Very helpful office staff.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2006 | flag