Dr. Mark. M Theiss

Rate Dr. Mark. M Theiss

Dr. Mark. M Theiss's Ratings

I was referred by my family MD. Staff was decent but Dr. Theiss wasn't that great in all honesty.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

I waited one hour and forty-five minutes of combined time in the waiting room and an examination room and never got to see Dr. Theiss! I finally left after registering a complaint with the receptionist and office manager. Dr. Theiss has changed practices and office locations 3 times within the last 4 years. The management of his current practice is extremely poor. The waiting room is small and overcrowded with a television set that is annoying. Several cheldren were crying and it was a very uncomfortable and noisy environment. Too many patients were booked. Never saw or even heard Dr. Theiss during this past visit. Not a well run organization.

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

I am grateful to have access to the orthopaedic expertise of Dr. Theiss!

Submitted Jan. 17, 2014 | flag

My children and I have seen Dr. Theiss for three years. We first were referred to him when my son broke his arm. He treated me for two shoulder injuries/long term damage from swimming - decompression and tendon repair surgeries. He has a great bedside manner, particularly with children. He is an excellent surgeon - both shoulders recovered quickly. While he ran late several times, he spent as much time as we need for appointments, described procedures and diagnoses in detail, and never made me feel rushed. I particularly appreciated the you-tube videos that he showed me of the shoulder surgery - I felt comfortable with the procedure and understood the where and whys of the post-surgery pain.

Submitted April 30, 2013 | flag

I have had 6 surgeries done by Dr. Theiss. 1&2) Bilateral Rotator Cuff Repairs, 3) Total Hip, 4) Total Knee, and 5&6)bilateral Carpal Tunnel. I have complete return of function, full range of motion in all joints. I have never had an infection. I find him personable, professional, and since he is in the new office, punctual. His office staff has changed in the past year or so and they have been most helpful and courteous.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2012 | flag

He is professional, listens, and not quick to tell you to rush to surgery.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2012 | flag

My experience with Dr. Theiss did not go as well as I had hoped. I ended up having to have knee revisions.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2012 | flag

You definitely had the sense Dr Theiss wanted to collect his fee and leave the room as soon as he had entered it. Appalling bedside manner - didn't even introduce himself when he entered the room, but immediately, without any basic courtesy, checked the broken bone. Told me nothing I couldn't have found out on google.

Submitted July 23, 2012 | flag

Excellent doctor. My entire family has used Dr. Theiss. My daughter would not be able to walk if he had not performed the very difficult surgery on her leg.

Submitted April 11, 2012 | flag

Plica removal. Dr. Theiss's estimate was that I would be hiking in 4 to 6 weeks with no physical therapy required. Actual time was 6 months with 4 months of physical therapy. Experienced quadricep atrophy, adhesions, and knee stickiness. Did not explain the full risk to me. Typically, he was 45 min late for office visits even though I had early morning appointments. Bottomline: He fixed my knee (no pain), but recovery period was more like 10 months not six weeks.

Submitted March 5, 2011 | flag