Dr. David S. Wander

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. David S. Wander has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does the doctor do house calls?    Email me    Answer it    See answers

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5351322
17/04/14 5 5 5 5 I first came across Dr. Wander 3 and a half years ago. At that time it was because of the thoroughness of his exam and his intuitive knowledge that he was able to accurately diagnose my issue. Convinced that I might need surgery, and not feeling real comfortable with that prospect, Dr. Wander dispelled that fear, suggesting other alternatives. I continue to see Dr. Wander for foot issues and have wholeheartedly recommended him to my neighbors. For me, as for many people, a visit to a physician can cause stress and anxiety. But not only is he extremely knowledgeable and professional, he also knows how to put his patients at ease. To his credit, he seems to have an ease at developing a rapport with his patients and seems to always be willing to listen to their concerns. Additionally, the entire staff at his facility is efficient, pleasant and understanding. I have visited his office several times and have never had to wait past my appointment time to see Dr. Wander.  Respond
RID: 5336462

08/04/14 2 4 3 3 When called for apt did not feel like I was a person. asked DOB & address b4 asked my name. Asked for appt with Dr. Cohen-12:30 apt made. message was left to confirm appt for 1:00 but then said my arrival time was 1:30 confusing me When I called to check was told Dr. Cohen retired the day I called for the appt. I was assigned Dr. Wander. when I tried to express my fear and discomfort.He was unconcerned. He went outside the room and yelled to someone to bring him an 18 gauge needle I asked not to talk about it but loudly asked for the 18 gauge needle 2 more times. When he reentered the room I asked him not to tell me what he was doing again. He had already told me. He started to repeat it and I asked again for him just to do it and not to talk about it. His response, "I practice how I practice." Guess what? He will not be practicing his arrogance or lack of concern for nervous patients on me. My follow up appt will be with with another podiatriast in another practice
See Responses

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.6
RID: 3659199
18/01/14 5 5 5 5 I am a 62 year old Female and had bunion surgery on my right foot in Oct'13. I had bunion surgery on my left foot in Dec'13 because I wanted to be okay in time for the summer. Dr. Wander said as long as I do exactly what he tells me to do everything will be fine. He was right!!!! My left foot isn't finished healing yet because it's only been 4 weeks but everything is great! I'm so sorry I didn't do this much sooner.
RID: 3609580
19/11/13 5 5 5 5 I am a 39 yr old female who had bunion surgery on my right foot on October 24,2013. Dr. Wander is an excellent,professional,kind,and available to answer any questions you may have. I am in my third week post op, back to work and feeling great. Never had any pain, or discomfort, just do exactly as instructed by Dr. Wander and you'll be fine. I would highly recommend Dr. Wander. His staff is awesome as well.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David S."
RID: 2823354
29/08/13 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Wander by my primary doctor to in June 2010. When I scheduled my appointment to see Dr. Wander, I was a little scared. I did not know what he was going to tell me about the pain I was having on my big toe. Dr. Wander asked me a couple of questions, had x-rays taken in his office, and immediately gave me my options. I felt comfortable in making my decision to have a bunionectomy surgery on my right foot, because he was detail with what he needed to do. I scheduled my surgery for August 2010. It was the best decision I made, I was back to work within a week. He is so professional and honest and firm when it comes to following his instructions. I just had the same surgery on my left foot, and I was back to work within a week. People at work tell me that I must have a magic Doctor and I agree. Highly professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 2642390
07/05/13 5 5 5 5 I was recommended by a friend to see Dr. Wander due to painful bunions. Dr. Wander had taken care of a bunion on my left foot 10 yrs. ago. I was soo scared to have it done but he made me feel comfortable and that everything would be ok. That was 10 yrs ago and have never had a problem. I decided to have my left foot bunion done also. I had it done March 2012. He did an excellent job, he is extremely competant, very knowledgeable, caring and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Wander, I wouldn't trust anyone else.
See Responses
RID: 2624978
23/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Wander is highly intelligent, capable, and I highly recommend him.  Respond
RID: 2573431
28/02/13 5 5 5 5 The best experience I have ever had with a doctor. He is very nice and his staff is the best.  Respond
RID: 2543768
28/01/13 5 5 5 5 I wish all doctors ran their practices like this one. Not only is Dr. Wander a terrific physician, but he takes the time to listen, explain your issue and answer all of your questions. Dr. Wander is accessible. He called me the evening of my surgery and got back to me in minutes when I called the office. My post-op instruction sheet stated that the office is only a phone call away. So true! Due to an insurance issue, I interacted with both the Philadelphia and the Reading offices. At each location, the incredible staff answered the phone on the first ring. They are willing to work around your schedule. I've had four appointments and was seen on time or early each time. Everyone I dealt with was helpful and kind. I highly recommend Dr. Wander.  Respond
RID: 2471654
11/11/12 5 5 5 5 I am a 36 yo female who has dealt with painful bunions and hammertoes for as long as I can remember. At age 19 I was told by another podiatrist that surgery was the best option to treat my condition but I was terrified at the thought of both the surgery and the recovery so I continued to suffer allof these yrs. My very first office visit w/ Dr Wander put me totally at ease- I could tell he knew his stuff. He was informative, personable, and listened to my concerns. Dr Wander performed both bunion and hammertoe surgery on my left foot first. My recovery went so much better than I thought. I was in a boot which protected my foot and allowed me to get around without crutches. I went from a boot to a sneaker in a short amount of time.I opted to have my rt foot done 12 wks later with a successful recovery as well. Not only did Dr. Wander fix the issues causing me so much pain but the added bonus is my feet now look so much better!No more avoiding sandals when summer rolls around this yr!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2462289
31/10/12 5 5 5 5 Half of my life, 15 years, of having a soccer injury destroy my foot/toe joint, Dr. Wander was the only doctor I was able to communicate with on how to fix it. After seeing four different doctors in 15 years and no one being able to resolve my issue, Dr. Wander was able to immediately see the problem (joint of a 60 yr old), go in and remove the spurs and have me back up walking/and RUNNING in less than four weeks. The scar is minimal, and he continually checks on me (outside of office hours). Being a half marathon runner, soccer player and volleyball player I am now able to do all my sports again without the pain. He by far is the best doctor that I've ever been to, he gives it to you straight, jokes around (funny guy), and is always there when you need him whether it be phone, email, cell....he's always able to talk to and get ahold of. His office staff are just as patient and considerate as he is. He is highly recommended!! I only wish I would have known about him 15 years ago.  Respond
RID: 2166195

29/05/12 5 5 5 5 I found Dr. Wander very thorough and complete. He's very nice and explained everything and he made drawings of what was wrong and handed out information about my problem. But most important is that he made me feel better and my problem is resolved. Would definitely recommend Dr. Wander.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2130364

11/05/12 5 5 5 5 My doctor referred me to Dr Wander after another doctor messed up my foot. After I developed complications, I first went to another doctor before seeing Dr. Wander. The other doctor spent all his time telling me how great he was, how this would never happen if he did the surgery and trashing my original doctor. So I went to Dr. Wander and he listened and never said anything negative about the first doctor. He did a really good exam and then explained to me what was going on. Instead of harping on the other doctor or patting himself on his own back, he calmly let me know my options and gave me a treatment plan. He told me that now I should just concentrate on getting better. I like that he stayed on point and didn't make me feel worse than I already did about my original doctor. So far everything he's recommended and done has helped a lot. I'd highly recommend him.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1739009

13/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Wander is a very nice and caring man. I took my uncle to him and my uncle speaks no English. The doctor was real patient waiting for me to translate everything he said, and waiting for an answer from my uncle. My uncle needed surgery and everthing was explained really good. Dr. Wander also made sure there was an interpreter in the surgery area. He even had the after surgery instuctions translated for my uncle. He asked me for my cell phone nunmber so he could call me to check on my uncle. Me and my uncle thought he was very nice and the surgery turned out very nice.  Respond
RID: 1709762

09/02/12 5 5 5 5 Despite being warned about how painful a bunion operation could be, I went ahead and had it done. Dr Wander is a gift from the foot Gods. Two hours later, I walked to my car. No crutches. No pain. A week later I got to see my foot. Perfectly normal and still no pain. I will lose the boot in about two more weeks. Wow! I would recomend Dr Wander to anyone who is suffering from bunion problems. After this foot heals, I will have him do the other. Not one regret. Thank You Dr Wander. Yours Truly, Caroline Litchendorf  Respond
RID: 1666068
20/12/11 5 4 5 5 Dr Wander is great. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything before he did my surgery. Explained everything and at the hospital he went over the instructions for after the surgery with me and my husband. Made sure I was always comfortable and called me that night to make sure everything was ok. One of the few doctors that actually seems to care about his patients. He fixed my achilles problem, tho it's a long recovery. Sometimes theres a little wait when your there because it's a busy place. But I highly recommend him.
RID: 1499352
29/07/11 5 5 5 5 I took my wife to Dr. Wander for a small problem that he fixed right away. I knew Dr. Wander because many years ago he performed a major fusion on the bones near my ankle and it got rid of the pain I had for many years and now I'm doing great. WHile I was there with my wife I asked him if the big screws that were still in there needed to come out and he told me they could stay in as long as they weren't bothering me. That's another reason I like him, because he's real honest. He's a really good doctor and treated my wife really well and did a great job with my surgery years ago. I'd highly recommend him. ANd even though he's real busy, when I walked in with my wife he still remembered me!
RID: 1473415
26/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Wander came highly recommended by a friend who saw him years ago to have both of her bunions removed. I underwent bunion sugery in April and am scheduled to have my other bunion removed in August. Dr. Wander did not disappoint...he is AMAZING! During my sugical consult, Dr. Wander was thorough and took the time to make sure I understood the risks and benefits of sugery. He was just as thorough at all of my post-op visits. A few weeks ago I had an accident at work and was concerned that I injured my foot. Dr. Wander opened the office on a Saturday to X-Ray my foot. In my opinion, Dr. Wander is truly "one of a kind."  Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

RID: 1406888
05/04/11 5 5 5 5 I'm glad I found Dr. Wander. I saw two other doctors who told me I had a mortons nuroma. I had injections and one doctor wanted me to have surgery. My sister recommended Dr. Wander. He didn't agree with the other doctors and thought I had a stress fracture even though I alredy had an xray. He explained that sometimes a stress fracture doesn't show up on xrays until it starts to heal. He gave me a long explanation and a good exam and took an xray and showed me the xray on the comupter screen. You could see the fracture really good. It stuck out clearly especially when he made it bigger on the computer. He put me in a cast and I'm feeling much better. I'm glad I found him so I don't have to get more injections and don't have to have surgery for a nuroma that I don't have!
RID: 1115707
26/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Wander saw my son after a turf toe injury he suffered during a football game. He treated my son like he was the most important patient he ever had. My son is doing great and will be off playing college football next year. If you have a choice don't make the mistake of going to another doctor. He listens, he examines, he gives an accurate diagnosis and he treats the problem. He will explain how it happened and how to avoid it happening again. You will not regret going to this doctor.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 1109440
18/02/10 5 5 5 5 I had a surgery with screws and a cast. Dr Wander did surgery on my other foot a few years ago and it turned out so good I came back for my other foot. He explained everything in detail and even called me at home the night of surgery to see if I was okay. I recommended him already to a lot of people. I
RID: 487671
18/01/08 5 5 5 5 Knows his tuff. NIce and darn good. I have to pain at all for the first time in years.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user