Dr. Nancy Ku

Rate Dr. Nancy Ku

Dr. Nancy Ku's Ratings

Dr Ku has been my physician for more than 20 years and I could not be happier. She removed an unusual looking freckle from my back, which turned out to be a melanoma and I couldn't have been more happy with her quick action to get me into see a dermatologist for further removal. For this reason I believe that she said my life and for this I will always be eternally grateful. As well, her office staff are always very friendly, pleasant and helpful.

Submitted April 2, 2014 | flag

I was a patient of Ku for about 24 years.With her she always said no news is good news.Starting from September until November I had gone to see Dr. Ku on numerous occasions due to severe pains I was experiencing.Each time I went into her office,she acted as if she didn't know me,didn't know why I was there,and always spoke to me as though I was an uneducated individual who she did not have time for.She never once took me seriously even when I was hospitalized & had visited her 3 times in a matter of a week.My last ultrasound had some pretty upsetting news which required seeing a specialist & surgery. A month later she never called. It took me having to switch doctors in order to get somewhere.For 3 years I had asked her to see a GYNO and she ALWAYS said no I don't need to,regardless of a long family history of issues.I switched & got surgery within 2 months.She has terrible bedside manner & doesn't take the time to explain anything to you. I thought you were supposed to trust your Doc?

Submitted March 23, 2013 | flag

I was a patient of Dr Ku's for many years and was never really happy. I decided to switch once I had children. She was not very good with them. She also made me very angry - my son had an ear infection at 1 yr old. I called to see if she could see him the same day. The receptionist said she wasn't working (it was a Friday). So I brought him to a walk-in clinic, where he was prescribed antibiotics. Next time I saw Dr Ku she was upset, told me she gets 'negative billing' when patients go somewhere else. Very cold, not understanding of young kids' needs. Also, I was called in to review test results on a breast lump. When I arrived, she didn't know why I was there. I was so scared it could be cancer. waited weeks. I could tell it was the first time she had even looked at my results. Was a cyst, but she didn't explain well. Left upset. Communication skills are weak. Also, she doesn't ever know how long it will take to see a specialist. We switched drs and the difference is amazing. Switch.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ku sends you to specialitst only after she has determined that she cannot do any more. I have had a reocurring bladder infection since October 2010. I am gettiung to see a specialist soon. TO be determined.

Submitted March 10, 2011 | flag

Nancy Ku and her staff (Linda) provide substandard care to their patients. I am a new patient and am appalled by the level of care. Dr.Ku is extremely cold and could not answer very specific questions in regards to results received - seemed like she did not know the answer and instead dismissed my questions entirely. Linda, the nurse within Dorval Medical clinic, is the worst nurse I have ever encountered. Her practice of misinforming patients borders on malpractice. She should not be dealing with patients and takes liberties of deciding when tests should be booked and when specific follow-up be given - and does not inform Dr.Ku of specific challenges. Linda combined with Dr.Ku's lack of interest make for a dangerous combination. I have zero confidence in this practice.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2010 | flag

Dr. Ku is NO Dr. Heimans. I absolutely loved Dr. Heimans and had her for years and was so sad to find out when she sold her practice, but even more sad when I met Dr. Ku. She is very cold and anytime I went to see her she made me feel as though I had just walked into her office unannounced rather than having waited weeks or even months to get the appointment. Even after 5 years of seeing her, she always acted as though it was the first time we were meeting, she never remembered me and always seemed surprised that I would even be there. She did not listen to me, she misdiagnosed me for two years, even for something that she knew ran in my family as my mom was a patient of hers as well. Thanks to my own research and my own persistence I finally found a specialist on my own who could help me. I actually left her practice without having another doctor, because I felt she did nothing for me, and I would be better off not having a family doctor than having her.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2009 | flag

There are times when Nancy Ku disregards my questions and makes me feel silly for bringing up a concern. She seems to be a part time Doctor and not really someone well connected with Specialists or someone you can count on for thoroughness. Overall, I find her a little less than what I had come to expect from a Doctor and like the terrific one I had when living in Toronto. I also find some of her staff ill informed, unhelpful and rude at times. I would not recommend Nancy Ku to anyone that I knew. She may have one or two favourite patients that have commented here but overall, she isn't doing a good job for most of us as you can see from the rating number! What a a shame to feel this way about your Doctor but because of the shortage of Doctors in Oakville, we are stuck with substandard care.

Submitted June 3, 2008 | flag

Dr Ku is an amazing Doctor. I have been a patient for 8 years and have no complaints. She is very helpful and compassionate. Not only sympathetic, but knowledgable. When visted, it is not only buisness but she is personable and asks how things in your life are.

Submitted March 5, 2008 | flag

Just not on top of her game and certainly not organized. I dont feel xrays etc. are even reviewed - often they cannot find them. This doesnt seem to bother the Dr.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2008 | flag

Always very short on time with the patient. appears to find questions annoying and a waste of time. Does not appear to really listen to patients concerns. Does not like to answer patient questions and often makes patient feel the question was 'silly' or not relevant.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2008 | flag