Dr. Gail Arnott

Rate Dr. Gail Arnott

Dr. Gail Arnott's Ratings

I find Dr. Arnott very dismissive. Of the two occasions that I was slated to her she seemed like she was in a hurry, was not empathetic when I was telling her my concerns, and did not answer my health questions adequately. My disappointment right now is at a point where I asked the wonderful staff to put a note in my file not to be assigned to her next time, enough to create an account with RateMDs to write my very first complaint about any physician, and contemplate on complaining her to the College of Physicians and Surgeons in BC.

Submitted June 4, 2014 | flag

THIS DOCTOR SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING! WARNING SHE IS OPERATING THE WOMENS HEALTH CLINIC EVERY OTHER TUESDAY IN MISSION AT THE WALK IN CLINIC CONNECTED TO REXAL PHARMACY. l waited a month to get into this female Dr. that l had hoped to feel more comfortable with over my own male GP. l had a female issue that l thought would be received a little better female to female. l repeat this was a 'Womens Health Clinic'. Firstly she assumed l was there for a pap smear which l was not. l had one major issue which was a form of cancer which l asked her about. She said l should have gone to my own GP. When l said l wanted to discuss it with a female she said, ' You are wanting me to look at it' ......remember she is operating a Womens Health Clinic...she pointed at the piece of paper folded on the bed and left the room. l assumed that meant undress! I could hear her talking to Dr. Muthayan outside the room, openly about me. l got dressed, apologised for wasting her time and left. Utterly disgusted!

Submitted May 27, 2014 | flag

Dr. G. Arnott at Abbotsford Village Medical Clinic is extremely vicious person. She came in and I tried to speak to her, but she made me repeat the same word, pretending that she did not understand it. I am from South American and sometimes people make fun of me and try to pretend that they don't understand my English. I am thinking that Dr. Arnott did the same thing to me and she may be a racist. During our session, she was supposed to make a phone call to another agency to make sure, but she didn't. I was unhappy that she neglected to do what she was supposed to do. She suggested one treatment, but I said that I was not comfortable, but she suggested it again. I think this violates the law. When the patient is reluctant to one treatment, a doctor is supposed to give another option or give a clear reason why she recommends the original treatment. The reception was not good. They made me say my address and phone number in front of other patients, which are my personal information.

Submitted Nov. 28, 2012 | flag

Terrible experience! Rude, unprofessional, cold, cranky, judgemental, extremely unhelpful; if she had knowledge, she didn't use it. She seemed very reluctant to answer any questions and very annoyed I was even there; as writing a referral to a specialist because she didn't want to help me in the first place, was like pulling teeth. She wanted to send me on my way without any help or answers or the medicine I require! When I asked her questions, she replied in a snarky, sarcastic, unhelpful manner. Avoid this woman at all costs if you are truly concerned about your health...She seems too busy, annoyed, irritated (especially if you do have some health issues) to try and help anyone. My husband had the same experience with her and describes her as "doom and gloom". Retirement should definitely be a permanent decision for this woman. If you are looking for reassurance or answers, you will not find it with her. I'm sorry to her future patients for the experience they will have to endure...

Submitted June 6, 2012 | flag

Submitted April 20, 2012 | flag

Dr Arnott was efficient and pleasant. She made my 5 y.o. daughter comfortable with having an exam. I would no problem seeing her again at the walk in clinic in Mission.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Arnot= Rude, bad manners, scary. Went to go see her while she was working at a walk in clinic where Dr. Campbell also worked. I would pay i would not be seen by her and i was. She is just straight up miserable. She also like to make smart comments. I think she still stuck in highschool due to her smart comments and attitude problem. As a patient i should not be scared and worried to be seen by her but was. THANK GOD she is not in the same clinic as Dr. Campbell so the worry of been seen by her is not there anymore. I also called them just today accidentaly as her phone number was listed as Dr. Campbell's, when i asked the lady is this is his clinc she said no, i asked if he still seeing walk in she said she does not kmow....i highly doubt sthey dont know has he is 2 doors down. Staff is just as miserable. Save ur self some pain n misery of been seen by her.

Submitted May 26, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr. Arnott today in a walk-in clinic in Mission for my 13 month old. There was no wait in the waiting room although she made me wait at least 20 mins in the examination room and she was laughing and chatting outside the door. Then when she came in, she was very short, not personable whatsoever to either of my children. She seemed irritated. She was very condescending and rude. Absolutely NO bedside manner. Apart from her rudeness, she did locate my son's ear infection and gave me a prescription. For that I am thankful but other than that, I would NOT recommend her unless I was desperate to see a doctor and my fam doc was unavailable. That could be why this clinic had no waits and the one down the road was an hour and half long wait.

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag

Can't believe the negative comments I've read on Dr Arnott. She's great and our medical system needs more like her. Pleasant, very knowledgeable, consciencious and witty. Goes the extra mile. I suspect the critics need more than a general practitioner to attend to their needs.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2010 | flag

First impression -- very business like. Although I felt she was very knowledgeable, I wouldn't see her again. I think part of a physician's duty is to make the patient feel at ease and she lacks in this area.

Submitted June 5, 2010 | flag