Dr. J. Frederick Harrington

5 1 2.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. J. Frederick Harrington

Dr. J. Frederick Harrington's Ratings

I had neck surgery in 2006 when Dr. Harrington was practicing in RI. He installed a 'metal plate' in the front of my neck to relieve the pain from the disc damage in my neck. Since that surgery, I've had tingling in my left index finger and thumb. The pain never went away. I have trouble swallowing and I can't keep my neck bent forward because my windpipe becomes restricted. The pain in my neck is the worse it's ever been. I realized now that I should have got a second opinion. I am in the process of seeking another surgeon to take a look at my problem. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Harrington to anyone. He had to leave Rhode Island and relocated to Arizona. Hit and run.........

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

I have 1 failed surgery with Dr. Harrington. I canceled the redo surgery simply because I could not trust him. He says one thing, writes something else in my medical record and was not able to explain my back condition in terms of impact on my life. I felt like an animal being shoved through the a UNM chute with no follow-up until I caused a huge ruckus with my physical therapist and his nurse. I would never refer anyone to this doctor. He is not worth the money my insurance paid and the out of pocket I paid. He is a waste of time, energy and hope.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

I HAVE BEEN DISABLED SINCE 2001,AND WILL BE DISABLED FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE DUE TO DR. J FREDERICK OPERATING ON MY BACK IN 1998,AND NOT KNOWING A THING ABOUT MY BACK CONDITION.. BUT HAD ME CONVINCED HE DID AND SURGERY WOULD MAKE ME SO MUCH BETTER(FROM THE HEADACHES AND LEG WEAKNESS AND LOWER BACK PAIN I WAS HAVING) NOW I CAN'T EVEN FEEL CERTAIN PARTS OF MY BODY AND JUST CONTINUE TO GET WORSE AND NEED TO SEE MORE DR'S AND HAVE MORE PROCEDURES AND I WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO GET WORSE ANDI AM ONLY IN MY 30'S!! AND SOMEHOW HE STILL REMAINS TO PRACTICE MEDICINE, EVEN AFTER TAKING A PATIENTS LIFE???? IT STILL MAKES ME SICK EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Dr Harrington in my own eyes is GOD. He operated on my father 2 years ago. He had infection in the bones & Spinal Stenosis. He was almost paralyzed but thank to him he was able to walk again. My dad is now passed for different circumstances. Thank you Dr you are an Angel. He is one of the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2010

I personally think this Dr. Should have his license suspended FOREVER, I have had two surgeries with Dr. Harrington, and he screwed them both up. Now I have losted 60% of feeling in both legs and feet, I am unable to work ever again, I can just about walk thanks to him!! This Dr is so far away from being a God.. Not to meantion that poor man he operated on back in 2007 with a wrong-site operation, this Patient lost his life, How can you operate on the wrong side of someones brain and not know? The information wasn't filled in due to his nurse, if it is not filled in wouldn't you make it your point to consult with your patient or the patients family to find out what is going on? I know I would, Thank God I found a doctor that can fix the Mistakes that Dr. Harrington Made, so I dont lose the other 40% of the feeling in my legs and feet, And FYI Dr. Harrington is yet again under investigation due to botched surgeries! People Please think about this Dr before letting him work on you.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2010

When i met this Dr. i was paralyzed from the waist down from an accident.I can now walk without pain after he repaired an L1 compression fracture (broken spine) so in my opinion he is the best doctor around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

I had three surgeriesw/ Dr Harrington One failed and two successful. He is obviously knowledgeable and profficient, however I was not informed of other surgical options and I believe one operation could have been handled differently. Additionally, the full impact of the procedure was NOT coveyed to me as completely as I would have liked nor was the recovery time needed fully explained. Most importantly during my recovery from the last procedure (which was very long), he was far too coservative with pain management. I would have been able to progress far faster had i not been in agony for so long afterward because he feared addiction to pain meds. Everyone who takes these meds for several months is addicted to one degree or another this is unavoidable. But I should have been made far more comfortable post op and more importantly during phyicsl therapy /rehab. I would reccomend him w/ advice

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2009

DR. Harrington helped me with my L5-S1 disc herniation. I was in physical therapy for months and getting worse. My pain was much better after my surgery in 2001 and is now resolved. I would go back to Dr. Harrington for any future problems I might have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907488].votes_count ]]