Rate Dr. Barry Kassen

Dr. Barry Kassen's Ratings

I saw Dr. Kassen today at St. Paul's Hospital. My health issues have gone undiagnosed for 1 1/2 years. It has been very frustrating for me. I felt in very competent hands after an appointment with Dr. Kassen. He is a good listener. He is eager to solve my health problems. Others have given up on me. Thank God for such a talented, conscientious doctor. I am trusting that he will be thorough and find out what is wrong with me.

Submitted March 7, 2013 | flag

I've been struggling with a number of different, unrelated medical issues for the past few years. Every week, getting nowhere closer to finding the answers. Always just running in circles, each doctor just guessing their diagnoses and never having the necessary tests preformed. However, I stepped into Dr. Kassen's office about 5 months ago, and since then everything has been going much better. Not only has he correctly diagnosed everything, but has also made sure all the necessary steps are taken to get me back to the healthy state I should be in for a 21 year old guy. I must also say that he is the kindest doctor I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I would recommend him 100x over.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2012 | flag

As a medical student, I see the doctors I work with from a different perspective. I can confidently say that Barry Kassen is of a different breed. He is well known as a brilliant physician but, after working with him, I can also say he is uniquely talented when it comes to interacting with patients. You would be lucky to have him as your doctor. What makes this man special, however, is that he is the one that feels lucky to be his patient's doctor.

Submitted July 30, 2012 | flag

Excellent Dr. Very happy with the treatment I received regarding my recent illness. Very sincere and caring. I instantly felt comfortable and in good hands. Would highly recommend him. I'm getting better every day!

Submitted Sept. 10, 2011 | flag

An outstanding internist with an equally outstanding team behind him, particularly Dr Mark Fok.

Submitted July 18, 2011 | flag

Very well versed in hemochromatosis. Helped me get baseline blood tests and provided information for future health care.

Submitted July 19, 2010 | flag

Brilliant Doctor!!! Great bed side manner and extreemly knowledgable! I highly recommend him!

Submitted Oct. 22, 2009 | flag

Very, very brilliant doctor. My husband would not have lived beyond an almost fatal heart attack which the doctors in our local hospital did not recognize, although he had all the symptoms and no potassium which had drained from his system during the attack. He lay in his hospital bed for nearly a week and only due to a coincidence that Dr. Kassen was visiting the hospital that day, from Vancouver and said he was living from hour to hour. He sent my husband to Shaughnessy Hospital in Vancouver and between him and cardiologist, Dr. Benny Bar-Shlomo, his life was saved. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted March 18, 2008 | flag