Rate Dr. Scott R. Sharetts

Dr. Scott R. Sharetts's Ratings

RUN! This had to be the worst doctor experience of my life. There are no exam rooms, they are offices with small desks from 1972. You feel an immediate disconnect as he sits across the desk and asks question after question without waiting for proper response. I was being seen for fainting, seizure like activity, stuttering and confusion. He asked for paperwork that I had and before I could find it was also asking how I much I weighed as well as other questions. Because I was unable to answer in a timely manner, due to brain confusion, he spoke to me like a five a year old and told me to put my paperwork down and step on the scale. He seemed very cold and uncaring throughout the visit. It concluded with him saying that I needed to get all dictations from all previous doctors I had seen in the past year and asked "How do you expect me to help you without that information?" I did as he asked and a week later I called to see what the next course of action should be. In the interim I had spoken to a staff member and they relayed to him that I was uncomfortable with how he treated me. That was relayed to the doctor so when I called, he got on the phone and very coldly told me he couldn't do anything for me and that I should see a psychiatrist. I am still being treated for my condition and have ended up in the care of the Cooper Medical Center due to the severity of my condition. I am not sure how this man still praactices medicine, but I would not recommend him to my worst enemy. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2627081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

It was my first visit at his office. The staff was great; and wait time was about 10 minutes. First, I work in a doctors office... He had taken me in the back &I walked into his OFFICE. They do not have exam rooms, that was a little awkward.
I had an MRI prior to seeing Dr. Sharetts, the diagnosis being board line chiari malfunction, the reason I came to see him in the first place.
He tried telling me my diagnosis was wrong because I probably head my head tilted during the imaging. Not for nothing but I've had headaches for 2 years after having my son. There is obviously something wrong. I get headaches in the back of my head, to my neck. Im very sensitive to light, often dizzy, horrible vision & most of the time fatigued. Not to mention these are ALL symptoms of my diagnosis. I was prescribed Sumatriptan by my family physician, which he told me to stop because it was unrelated. He told me to use heat on my neck & to call him in a week. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR! I'm beyond upset with how this evaluation went. There is something wrong, and he didn't acknowledge how much & often I have this pain. Not to mention we spent about 12 minutes together. Getting a real opinion else where!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Took my dad due to short term memory loss. First visit was fine; staff was very helpful and friendly and we spent no time waiting. Dr. performed cognition test, checked balance and strength and performed MRI right away. Prescribed Alzheimers meds. Second visit, Dr. did not come out from behind desk, performed no strength, balance or cognitive tests at all, even tho I said dad seemed to be worse. Asked dad about 2 questions. We were in office for about 5 minutes. Told me to keep him on same meds for Alzheimers for another 60 days and call him. Not happy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1918298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I made an appointyment over the phone. I did not know which doctor I had the appointment with. They could not find my appointment in their system. Dr. Sharetts agreed to see me after his next appoitment. I was pleased with his attitude and knowledge. He performed an EMG right after the visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1918297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2009

very helpful. Had me go for testing. Had me have a shot in my head to try to eliminate the problems with my migraines. Has me on a daily regime of medication to combat my migraines. I also have access to a back-up plan should I have full blown episode.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1918296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2006

I went for my first EMG (nerve test) and Dr Sharetts was 30 minutes late. When we finally went back to his office, he offered no words or explanation about the procedure. When I tried to ask questions about it, he gave ambigious answers, generic for everyone, ex "Will this hurt?" and his answer "some people feel something, others don't, it just depends." After he finished the procedure, he looked something up in a medical book and made a few notes on his report. When I asked him what the results were, he said there is some nerve damage and he left it at that, he didn't explain anything. He told me that we would send his report to my doctor who would go over it with me. I told him that I had an appointment 2 days later. When I went to see my doctor 2 days later, he hadn't received my EMG report. That was only reason I made an appointment with my doctor. Only go to this practice if you enjoy waiting, receiving no explanation on the procedure and don't care how the doctor treats you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1918295].votes_count ]]