Rate Dr. Richard G. Lon

Dr. Richard G. Lon's Ratings

While I do think he is an experienced doctor, however his bedside manner has been inconsistent. Sometimes he barely even looks or acknowledges you. The biggest problem I had was when I questioned something he wanted me to do, not because I didn't trust him but because I wanted to understand things better, he became very gruff and defensive. Also, my son had a reaction to his vaccines pretty much every single time and he always dismissed it and said it had nothing to do with the vaccines and it had to be a separate virus. I accepted that the first couple of times but the last time I didn't allow him to talk me out of it and again he became very defensive and wanted nothing to do with it. I was definitely not happy with him. I shouldn't feel like I have to battle with my pediatrician, it has to be a respectful relationship, after all it is about the well being of your child.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2457117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

After moving to the area and meeting with 4 different pediatricians we decided on Dr. Lon. He has exceeded all of our expectations. Last year our son started daycare and was literally sick all year. We probably were in his office 10-11 times that year. We never felt guilty about being in his office over and over and the staff always squeezed us in. At first we didn't think Dr. Lon was listening to all of our questions but we soon came to realiE that he has hearing aids and he prop all didn't hear all of our requests/comments/questions. Our son was even hospitalized with pnemonia an Dr. Lon came to see our son 2-3 times in the hospital just to check in. Amazing! He was there at all times of the day. It does take a few visits to build a rapport with him so don't expect the "buddy-buddy" doc right away. We LOVE Dr. Lon and are relieved that both our sons are under his care. We also love the fact that he isn't quick to prescribe antibiotics. He's incredibly calm & patient with our sons!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2013

When I was pregnant I chose Dr. Lon based on internet reviews. He was nice enough in the hospital, but upon visiting his office he has HORRIBLE bedside manner. He does not make eye contact or take the time to listen. He constantly runs in and out of the room without saying anything or acknowleding you. He handles the baby like a loaf of bread and never says "hi" to the baby. He also never informs me (the mom) before doing something quickly to the baby (giving a shot/medicine, putting saline drops/suctioning nose, etc.) I don't think Dr. Lon even said the baby's or mine name once. Not personal at all. Seems burnt out in my opinion. He may be knowledgeable, but his personality is definitely lacking. He has absolutely no passion or compassion for babies or the field in general. The only nice thing about the office is the staff/nurse. The nurse I worked with was very sweet and seemed to love babies. At least SHE spoke to the baby and had a nice temperment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

AWFUL!!! NO Bedside Manners what so ever! NOT supportive of breastfeeding at all! Big Formula Pusher! Shoved formula in my newborn's mouth without my permission, after I repeatedly told him that I was nursing him! Then tried to make me feel guilty, as if I was depriving my son of food because he wasn't at the weight Dr. Lon wanted him to be. He rapid-fired me with dozens of questions and then would either cut me off or not even let me answer. As a new mom of a 3 day old baby, who went through a traumatic 41 hour labor, he had absolutely no compassion and spoke to me in a very condescending an arrogant manner. He admitted to giving a patient of his AIDS a long time ago, when he didn't know about the ingredient/reaction of a certain vaccine, and then got defensive because I did not want to vaccinate my 3 day old baby because he could not guarantee me that it was safe or that something wouldn't happen to him in the future. Total JERK!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

My kids have seen Dr. Lon for 16 years. He is the best. Never a wait--he keeps to schedule, so unheard of by most doctors, and he works most weekend days. He's very competent. Does not over-prescribe drugs. My daughter switched to a woman doctor around age 13 (her own personal preference), but my son, now almost 21, still goes to him. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2012

Dr. Lon is an excellent pediatrician, and always makes himself available when my son is ill

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

In Dr.Richard Lon's care, I am confident that my children are in the safest hands possible. The best thing about Dr.Lon is that he truly cares about the children's well being. Anytime we have visited him when my children have been sick, he has made himself completed available to us be it Thanksgiving or Christmas or any other holiday. He goes above and beyond in caring for the children. With Dr.Lon, I get total peace of mind that my children are receiving the best care possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Dr. Lon never disappoints us! He is there for us night and day and is always willing to spend the extra time to explain or alleviate any concerns that we as first time parents have. Scheduling is always a breeze and his staff is friendly and kind to us no matter what! They have a gold star in our book!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2011

Dr. Lon is truly the best there is. He's been our family pediatrician for 15 years, and I KNOW that my children have had the BEST of care. He ALWAYS goes the extra mile in his quiet, steady way. This is a man who has dedicated his professional life to truly caring for his patients and their families. He is ALWAYS willing to have a thoughtful conversation about any concerns I might have. Once, after all three of my children had been treated for strep, he called me at night because he was thinking about our entire family. He wanted to make sure that we all were being treated properly. My oldest child is now 20 years old, and I'm not looking forward to having to switch her to an adult internist. She'd like to stay with Dr. Lon forever! He also schedules with the patient in mind. We are usually sent into an exam room immediately upon arrival. He actually apologized the only time we waited 10 minutes! He & his staff are kind, knowledgable and incredibly considerate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2011

WONDERFUL pediatrician. I just moved to Summit in January and was nervous about finding a new pediatrician for our 6 month old. He made us feel comfortable the first visit we had with him. Genuinely seems to care about his patients. I am so glad that I found him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919881].votes_count ]]