Dr. Richard G. Lon

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Richard G. Lon has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3643622
28/12/13 5 5 5 5 After moving to the area and meeting with 4 different pediatricians we decided on Dr. Lon. He has exceeded all of our expectations. Last year our son started daycare and was literally sick all year. We probably were in his office 10-11 times that year. We never felt guilty about being in his office over and over and the staff always squeezed us in. At first we didn't think Dr. Lon was listening to all of our questions but we soon came to realiE that he has hearing aids and he prop all didn't hear all of our requests/comments/questions. Our son was even hospitalized with pnemonia an Dr. Lon came to see our son 2-3 times in the hospital just to check in. Amazing! He was there at all times of the day. It does take a few visits to build a rapport with him so don't expect the "buddy-buddy" doc right away. We LOVE Dr. Lon and are relieved that both our sons are under his care. We also love the fact that he isn't quick to prescribe antibiotics. He's incredibly calm & patient with our sons!
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Richard" to "Richard G."
RID: 2665308
29/05/13 3 4 2 3 When I was pregnant I chose Dr. Lon based on internet reviews. He was nice enough in the hospital, but upon visiting his office he has HORRIBLE bedside manner. He does not make eye contact or take the time to listen. He constantly runs in and out of the room without saying anything or acknowleding you. He handles the baby like a loaf of bread and never says "hi" to the baby. He also never informs me (the mom) before doing something quickly to the baby (giving a shot/medicine, putting saline drops/suctioning nose, etc.) I don't think Dr. Lon even said the baby's or mine name once. Not personal at all. Seems burnt out in my opinion. He may be knowledgeable, but his personality is definitely lacking. He has absolutely no passion or compassion for babies or the field in general. The only nice thing about the office is the staff/nurse. The nurse I worked with was very sweet and seemed to love babies. At least SHE spoke to the baby and had a nice temperment.
RID: 2618121

15/04/13 3 3 1 1 AWFUL!!! NO Bedside Manners what so ever! NOT supportive of breastfeeding at all! Big Formula Pusher! Shoved formula in my newborn's mouth without my permission, after I repeatedly told him that I was nursing him! Then tried to make me feel guilty, as if I was depriving my son of food because he wasn't at the weight Dr. Lon wanted him to be. He rapid-fired me with dozens of questions and then would either cut me off or not even let me answer. As a new mom of a 3 day old baby, who went through a traumatic 41 hour labor, he had absolutely no compassion and spoke to me in a very condescending an arrogant manner. He admitted to giving a patient of his AIDS a long time ago, when he didn't know about the ingredient/reaction of a certain vaccine, and then got defensive because I did not want to vaccinate my 3 day old baby because he could not guarantee me that it was safe or that something wouldn't happen to him in the future. Total JERK!!!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2393014
04/08/12 5 5 5 5 My kids have seen Dr. Lon for 16 years. He is the best. Never a wait--he keeps to schedule, so unheard of by most doctors, and he works most weekend days. He's very competent. Does not over-prescribe drugs. My daughter switched to a woman doctor around age 13 (her own personal preference), but my son, now almost 21, still goes to him. Highly recommend.
RID: 2122570
08/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lon is an excellent pediatrician, and always makes himself available when my son is ill  Respond
RID: 1839412
03/04/12 5 5 5 5 In Dr.Richard Lon's care, I am confident that my children are in the safest hands possible. The best thing about Dr.Lon is that he truly cares about the children's well being. Anytime we have visited him when my children have been sick, he has made himself completed available to us be it Thanksgiving or Christmas or any other holiday. He goes above and beyond in caring for the children. With Dr.Lon, I get total peace of mind that my children are receiving the best care possible.  Respond
RID: 1667762
22/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lon never disappoints us! He is there for us night and day and is always willing to spend the extra time to explain or alleviate any concerns that we as first time parents have. Scheduling is always a breeze and his staff is friendly and kind to us no matter what! They have a gold star in our book!
RID: 1522830
26/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lon is truly the best there is. He's been our family pediatrician for 15 years, and I KNOW that my children have had the BEST of care. He ALWAYS goes the extra mile in his quiet, steady way. This is a man who has dedicated his professional life to truly caring for his patients and their families. He is ALWAYS willing to have a thoughtful conversation about any concerns I might have. Once, after all three of my children had been treated for strep, he called me at night because he was thinking about our entire family. He wanted to make sure that we all were being treated properly. My oldest child is now 20 years old, and I'm not looking forward to having to switch her to an adult internist. She'd like to stay with Dr. Lon forever! He also schedules with the patient in mind. We are usually sent into an exam room immediately upon arrival. He actually apologized the only time we waited 10 minutes! He & his staff are kind, knowledgable and incredibly considerate.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1437305
10/05/11 5 5 5 5 WONDERFUL pediatrician. I just moved to Summit in January and was nervous about finding a new pediatrician for our 6 month old. He made us feel comfortable the first visit we had with him. Genuinely seems to care about his patients. I am so glad that I found him!  Respond

RID: 1333724
11/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Lon is an amazing doctor. He is patient, listens carefully and explains well. It feels that he has lots of experience, is very confident, no-nonsense and we feel he really helps our baby. The scheduling lady is amazing too. Always tries her best to fit us at unexpected moments.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 1169414
14/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lon and staff are terrific. He has been our doctor forour two girls for over 15 years. he is always there for you, a great listener, the kids loved him, he respected us, and very up to date - he was there for us on Christmas and other emergencies - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!  Respond
RID: 825283
11/03/09 5 5 5 5 My children have gone to Dr. Lon for 9 years. He really takes the time to listen to your child and understand your concerns. He is patient, kind and gentle with the children. He respects my husband and me as parents and is very up to date with his knowledge. I wish all of our doctors were as accurate with their diagnosis and cared so much as Dr. Lon. He is one of a kind.We think he is the best!!!  Respond
RID: 687266
19/09/08 5 5 5 5 I have been taking my four children to Dr. Lon for 13 years. He is up-to-date with current medical studies and practices, and always answers my questions in great detail. He is thorough with his exams, and always takes time to get to know the kids. His office staff are all wonderful. They are always courteous and helpful. He runs pretty close to on-time, and manages to squeeze in sick visits every time. We are most grateful for his care. -The Damodaran Family
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 671564
22/08/08 5 5 5 5 We've seen him twice now and he seems really nice. He was highly recommended. His staff is nice but his office is getting a little cramped with paperwork probably will be needing a bigger office soon. He seems thorough with the kids.  Respond
RID: 624945
26/06/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lon is a very knowledgable physician. He cares deeply about his patients and in 11 years has always been reachable no matter what the day and or holiday. He goes out of his way for his patients. as a mother, and a R.N. I would refer anyone to him confidently. We never wait in the waiting room, and we would rather travel an hour and see him than to grow mold in any other doctors office. I wish we could clone him for all other specialists to follow his example. Truly a professional. When we count our blessings we count Dr. Lon and his office twice!! The Amadeo Family
RID: 435376
27/10/07 5 5 5 5 This pediatrician is the best doctor I ever had for my kids. He actually takes time to understand your child as an individual. What a great kids doc!!! Everyone I spoke to loves him!!  Respond
RID: 51223
18/10/06 5 5 5 Great doctor. Staff are friendly too! My kids think he is the best! Diagnosis has been spot on.
* - Rating left by a registered user