Rate Dr. Mark S. White

Dr. Mark S. White's Ratings

On Labor Day weekend of 1999 I made an appointment with Dr. Mark White. I was having chronic pain and I needed help from a pain specialist. On this date Dr. White began as my pain specialist and has continued as such to present day. He addressed all of my pain issues with the latest and most professional treatments available. He put me on a medication regime that controlled my pain and made my life as pain free as possible. Dr. White is one of the most astute medical professionals I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He has a wonderful personality and bedside manner. His staff is courteous and professional as well. He keeps abreast of all the latest treatments and is a master at injecting locals to the painful areas. I would recommend him to anyone that needs the pain in their life addressed in the most capable professional manner available in the current medical world! Sincerely, Helen Jo Campbell 1045 Camp Lone Star Road La Grange,Texas 78945

Submitted April 24, 2014 | flag

Being a patient of Dr. Mark White has changed my life for the better. I'd been living in constant pain for over 10 years before I found the great team at Integrative Pain Services. They finally gave me some relief. Every other doctor I saw just wanted to give me muscle relaxers and send me home. Well, that never worked! From the very first visit I felt like a real person, not a 15 minute turn and burn appointment with notes in a file folder. In fact, I often have to remind Dr. White that he has another patient waiting because he's totally engrossed in our discussion. He's listening and asking questions, not taking notes. He has someone else take the notes, so he can really listen and think. It's wonderful to visit their office and everyone treats you like a friend, not a symptom. That's what I call "old school" medicine.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. White for 9 years. He knows what he is doing and he is not afraid to figure out what treatment works best for you. I never feel like he is in a rush to get me out of there and move on to the next patient and enjoy the anecdotal information he is willing to provide. Dr. White is clearly an expert in pain management and explains things in a way that demonstrates this expertise, while giving the patient information that he or she can understand. I highly recommend Dr. White.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. White has been my Doctor for eleven years,he is knowledgable in all areas of pain management,caring,and a consumate professional. His staff has always been courteous and willing to help. He has helped me every step of the way to deal with pain. I would recommend him highly to anyone that has pain issues!

Submitted Feb. 16, 2011 | flag

The good: Dr. White and his staff (his wife usually works the front) are dear and caring people. His office is impeccably clean and professionally run. The staff is courteous & nice. The bad: After sevral procedures I felt somewhat better, which I should not have told him. He (Dr. White) abrubtly discontinued the potent medication he placed me on which was Duragesic Patch 100mcg, Norco 10mg/ 8 times a day. He placed me on Suboxone (which I later found to be for physical opiate dependence) and I was physically I'll, or "out of commission" for a month, costing me my job. He could have tapered me down but did not. Again, he put me on these meds and i had no idea how strong they were. I felt like after the injections were done, and my insurance was tapped out, that he wanted to kick me to the curb. I hate saying this because he is so very nice and his wife is absolutely wonderful. In short, there was a better way to approach this disaster. I deserved some dignity and respect.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2010 | flag

I've been going to Dr. White for 6 years to manage pain after surgeries, back pain, bursitis, severe headache, etc. He's treated my husband, son and several friends as well. All of us have been extremely happy with the success of his treatments. He cares first of all, and secondly, his knowledge of the human anatomy, coupled with his cutting edge knowledge of pain managements techniques enable him to diagnose and treat pain quickly, successfully and with little down time for the patient. I personally have him to thank for alleviating pain in a multitude of issues that I've experienced so I guess my indebtedness to him is somewhat emotional for me. Anyone who can eradicate any severe pain you might experience and especially when they've done it several times, I just want to hug him when I see him!

Submitted March 24, 2010 | flag

When living in another state I found an excellent doc who I worked with for years. Losing him was like losing a friend. I was amazed to have struck gold twice! Doc White is very knowledgeable, will make recommendations AND listen to what the patient wants, doesn't force his opinions, and will tell about all possible outcomes of procedure - positive and negative. He has a sense of humor and recognizes each patient is an individual human being. As a mental health professional, I'm a picky patient. Doc White is great. He's helping me get off meds (as I asked) AND treat chronic pain. Staff is very friendly too. These folks treat patients like valued customers, not dollar signs. Highly recommended.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2009 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. White for over 5 yrs. now for chronic back pain and RSD. He is a very knowledgeable, caring DO. He keeps up with the latest meds and txs. I am an RN and it's very rare to find such a gem of a doc. Although my pain is terrible and incurable he always tries to find the best tx for me. I recommend him highly!!

Submitted March 4, 2008 | flag

Dr. White is a fantastic Doctor. He takes the time to listen to you. He doesn't hurry you out of the office to go to his next appointment. Dr. White is a gentlemen with a really big loving caring heart. I am convinced he is an excellent doctor and a good man through and through. I had looked for help with my chronic back pain for over 30 years before I met Doctor white. Within days after my first appointment he had me feeling much better. I have a very chronic degenerative spine problem. So, realistically I don't expect the pain to completely go away. But, Doctor White listens carefully and asks the right questions. He has over a five year period adjusted his treatments for me and in every case he has been successful in giving me relief for my pain. Dr White is very skillful and knowledgeable and in most cases can offer treatment in his office. His office is very well equipped and has an extremely friendly, polite an knowledgeable staff. I highly recommend Dr White. He is the best!

Submitted Sept. 6, 2007 | flag

I read a bad review about Dr. White and I could not disagree more. I have chronic back pain than is basically not curable. Dr. White has been a pleasure to work with. His patience is never-ending. He listens and spends all the time I need with me. His employees are top notch,and he is punctual. I really can't say enough about him. He has worked with me for 4 years and I drive 70 miles to see him. I wouldn't think of changing doc's. Highly recommended.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2006 | flag