Dr. David B. Dubin

Rate Dr. David B. Dubin

Dr. David B. Dubin's Ratings

Dr. Dubin is a small town doc, mostly friendly, personable and always had a stack of research papers he was reading on his desk. I very much appreciated his willingness to get you in and see you back after a week to monitor progress. He was my primary and willing to send me to specialists if the situation called for it. Most of all he cared about his patients well being and that always came across.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2013 | flag

Dr Dubin needs to be in jail not practicing medicine. I was seeing Dr. Dubin for about a year. Every visit I would leave in tears, upset because of the way he spoke to me and treated me. He never closed the door and would criticize me, degrade me and humiliate me. I had repeated appointments complaining there was something wrong with my heart. For over a year he would tell me its anxiety, there's nothing wrong with you. Give me anti depressants and shove me out the door. I ended up in the er. I was given many tests an found out I was dying of a rare heart valve disorder. I was then sent by the er dr to a valve specialist at UC Davis. I was told I would need a new valve or I wouldn't live much longer. I also had a huge blood clot in the right chamber of my heart. I was rushed to emergency open heart surgery and had a new mitral valve put in. The surgery took 8 hours. UC Davis saved my life. I am so grateful to be alive. DO NOT EVER see this dr. I will be turning him in.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2013 | flag

Went to see this doctor about a chronic problem and he was a completely unhelpful. He never once offered advice or recommendations about my legit medical problem, only heavy criticism. I walked out of his office feeling horrible and upset. I've never been treated so unprofessionally by a "doctor" in my whole life. Definitely don't recommend.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2012 | flag

He is very helpful.May need to grt current on available treatments. I liked him and will bcome a regular at this point.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2011 | flag

This Dr. should not be practicing at his age. He has horrible bedside manner. Tough, no compassion for the patient and only does things his way. If you're seeking a Dr. who cares, run!!!

Submitted Oct. 4, 2011 | flag

Honestly though? ha well in my case... It took a week to get my apt but I showed up 5min early and got in right on time. The doctor actually sat down and listen to me talk... Most Doctors that you go to for "one time only" or without insurance etc., don't really care about starting a relationship with you, specially if they're never going to see you again...It's like they look at their notes while you are trying to confide and seek help in them as they just nod their head and scribble then say "ok, let's get you on some bleep and I'll see you back for a checkup in a week." Dr. Debruin(In orangevale) was that kind of "quickie" doctor, but I didn't feel my time was jeopordized with Dr. Dubin and dispite his older-aged mindset, he still did what a doctor should.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2011 | flag

I left his office in tears. I was struggeling through insurance issues and had my son on medical. I needed to get him into a doctor, and i was looking for someone to take us with medical untill i could find a regular doc when our insurance went through. He told me my 18 month old was fat. and i had to feed him non fat milk! he is crazy! my child is by no means fat, and even my next doctor agreed. This isnt even about the weigh of my 18month old it is about his bedside mannor, he has none....hes an angry old man, who shouldnt be practicing! i would not reccomend him to anyone!

Submitted Oct. 21, 2009 | flag

not best bedside manner, but can always get an appt. Fee is low. Service is good.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2009 | flag

I worked in hospitals with better doctors than he is, for many years, and this Dr. had no clue. I have to agree with others here. He is an old doctor, I'm guessing 83. You can see he is set in his ways and does not have the best bedside manner. He is more of the critical father type so expect to be scolded for anything he feels is a health infraction, good luck if you like that sort of thing. Real old school. He may be a doctor by trade but lacks the "art" of doctoring. He lacks humor and sensitivity in dealing with people. I got the impression he is not confident in himself being a small town doctor. I had an emergency and I just moved to the town so I needed to see someone in a hurry. He argued a lot with me about my diagnosis and treatment-so the more you know about medicine, the more questions you ask, the more you will anger him. Keep your expectations low if you have to use this doctor.

Submitted March 5, 2009 | flag

I felt that Dr. Dubin was VERY discriminating towards smokers. He made me feel like I was a criminal and a bad parent! Even though I do not smoke around my child and wash my hands constantly. He actually told me that I should get marriage counseling because my husband is not ready to quite smoking yet and that within a couple years the state will take away my child on the grounds of child endangerment. Middle class people who can not afford the high cost of medical insurance; end up on medi-cal so that they can see a doctor unfortunately with the only few who will still accept this coverage you end up with doctors like Dr. Dubin who are the reason that the emergency rooms are so over crowded. The Office staff is not very friendly. I would never go back, not even if my life depended on it. I left his office crying and I only wanted to get checked out for a bladder infection.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2007 | flag