Rate Dr. Stephen B. Lewis

Dr. Stephen B. Lewis's Ratings

Dr. Lewis helped lower my blood sugar level, loss weight and feel good. Very professional and kind.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lewis is one of the most informed, warm, knowledgeable, compassionate, and helpful physicians I have worked with. He is also active in Public Policy and community outreach. He has my unreserved recommendation. Practice: Endocrinology/Metabolism/Diabetes & Obesity. He is also my Internal Medicine Primary Care provider.

Submitted July 2, 2009 | flag

Doctor would give me medications for anxiety (xanex)which should not have been given to me because of my health issues(cancer,high blood pressure with sleep apnea. He is not available for emergency calls "when he is going hunting". When called on my concerns he wrote me a "dear John" letter and could no longer be my doctor.

Submitted June 4, 2008 | flag

I found that this Doctor would not look me in the eye, seemed only concerned about my weight, not other symptoms that were affecting me. He didn't want to listen to me and insisted that I have tests done again, even though I had already had all the same lab tests done the week before. I had the labs in my hand and he wouldn't even look them over. It was my first and last visit.

Submitted March 25, 2008 | flag

Extremely knowledgeable about latest research and treatment. Wrote all requested prescriptions for me with 100 day supplies and maximum refills. Board certified in endocrinology and internal medicine, with special interest in nutrition and weight loss. On my first visit, I supplied extensive medical history; after visit, doctor office called several times to reach me and to prescribe additional drug based on my prior history--because he took time to read and comprehend my previous lab work. Very confident, does not order unnecessary lab work or tests. Only cons: very poor impression of office staff and suspect he is way overbooked with poor ontime performance, but could have just been a bad day. He spent a long time with me and was very thorough, so this positive my account for this.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2007 | flag