Dr. Stephen B. Lewis

Grad. Year: 1966

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Stephen B. Lewis has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4786470

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.2  Respond
RID: 2824802
30/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lewis helped lower my blood sugar level, loss weight and feel good. Very professional and kind.
Insurance: Tricare
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Stephen" to "Stephen B."
RID: 927715
02/07/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lewis is one of the most informed, warm, knowledgeable, compassionate, and helpful physicians I have worked with. He is also active in Public Policy and community outreach. He has my unreserved recommendation. Practice: Endocrinology/Metabolism/Diabetes & Obesity. He is also my Internal Medicine Primary Care provider.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 607031
04/06/08 2 2 1 2 Doctor would give me medications for anxiety (xanex)which should not have been given to me because of my health issues(cancer,high blood pressure with sleep apnea. He is not available for emergency calls "when he is going hunting". When called on my concerns he wrote me a "dear John" letter and could no longer be my doctor.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 547632
25/03/08 3 5 1 3 I found that this Doctor would not look me in the eye, seemed only concerned about my weight, not other symptoms that were affecting me. He didn't want to listen to me and insisted that I have tests done again, even though I had already had all the same lab tests done the week before. I had the labs in my hand and he wouldn't even look them over. It was my first and last visit.  Respond
RID: 428568
14/10/07 2 4 5 5 Extremely knowledgeable about latest research and treatment. Wrote all requested prescriptions for me with 100 day supplies and maximum refills. Board certified in endocrinology and internal medicine, with special interest in nutrition and weight loss. On my first visit, I supplied extensive medical history; after visit, doctor office called several times to reach me and to prescribe additional drug based on my prior history--because he took time to read and comprehend my previous lab work. Very confident, does not order unnecessary lab work or tests. Only cons: very poor impression of office staff and suspect he is way overbooked with poor ontime performance, but could have just been a bad day. He spent a long time with me and was very thorough, so this positive my account for this.
Paid (or co-pay): $10