Dr. Jonathan A. Dunn

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Jonathan A. Dunn has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2911415
14/10/13 3 1 2 2 I did not have a good experience. I had to go to him for my first but then insisted very strongly to change doctors with my second child.  Respond
RID: 2813070
25/08/13 5 5 5 5 I believe a low stress pregnancy can result in a happy/calm baby. The right OBGYN is a huge variable in this equation. A colleague at work strongly recommended Dr. Dunn and I am forever grateful to her. Dr. Dunn is not your typical stuffy doctor. He’s fun, easy to talk to and has a great bedside manner. My favorite things about Dr. Dunn is that he’s knowledgeable, experienced and explains things well. Women have been having babies for centuries and nowadays, people are so worried about what they should and shouldn’t do while pregnant. Dr. Dunn focuses on a healthy/practical pregnancy and doesn’t stress you out with a bunch of rules while being pregnant. During your pregnancy, you go to the OBGYN’s office so much, they become an extended family. Everyone at Dr. Dunn’s office are extremely friendly and caring. I always felt Dr. Dunn truly cared about me and never felt rushed at our appointments. Dr. Dunn is the best and when you're pregnant only the best will do!
RID: 2552692
06/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Dunn is truly an exceptional doctor. He is super knowledgeable, easy to talk to, has the perfect bedside manner and explains/relates concepts and results clearly and concisely. Dr. Dunn always takes the time to answer questions and never rushes through explanations. It is very apparent that Dr. Dunn really cares for his patients and truly loves what he does. Dr. Dunn delivered both my children, and I feel blessed to have been in his care during both my pregnancies and deliveries. Honestly, I can't say enough good things about my experiences with Dr. Dunn and would highly recommend him to anyone!
RID: 2538759
22/01/13 5 5 5 5 I am very lucky to have both of my children delivered when he was on-call. The first one was a vaginal delivery. the 3rd degree tear healed very well due to his careful stitching (it takes an hour!), so I never experience any problem with the recovery. My second baby had some complication and needed a c-section. Dr.Dunn explained the issue in the way I could understand to ease my nevousness and found a perfect timing to take the baby out. Thanks to his expertise, I have two healthy boys and beautiful memories of every part of my pregnancy and delivery. His knowledge and communication skills also makes every office visit a pleasant experience. I've already recommend him to many of my friends.  Respond
RID: 2434653
27/09/12 5 3 5 5 Dr. Dunn is incredible. He provided outstanding care during my pregnancy - answering all questions thoroughly, spending as much time with me as I needed, and taking appropriate action for early contractions and monitoring growth restriction. We were lucky enough to find him on call when I went into labor; he did an excellent job with the delivery of our beautiful, healthy son. My 3rd degree tear has healed very well due to his careful stitching. In addition to fantastic prenatal care, he and his staff have been extremely helpful with postpartum care. He genuinely cares about his patients.
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jonathan" to "Jonathan A."
RID: 1697445
26/01/12 5 4 5 5 I experienced the best imaginable medical care, bedside manner, and personal care with Dr. Dunn. I gave birth to both of my children under his expert care. In both cases, ultrasounds revealed health problems. Thanks to Dr. Dunn’s careful care, my sons’ issues were identified early, which allowed me to have a plan in place for their necessary surgeries. Dr. Dunn never rushed my appointments. His thoughtfulness and humor put me at ease. He patiently answered my many questions. My first son required an unanticipated cesarean delivery. With my second pregnancy, Dr. Dunn took an active interest in my desire to have a VBAC. He took all the necessary steps to give me the best possible chance for success. Dr. Dunn performed the VBAC and I am grateful he was willing to go that route. The hospital staff openly admires and respects him. They commented to me on his relaxed style, which accompanies uncompromising care. I couldn’t be happier!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1667087
21/12/11 5 1 2 2 i went to him after i saw the review but he is not that good , he is very good for normal stuff like the yearly exam nothing else , he is always late and then when he comes in he is rushing to run outside . it makes u wonder why he is late them if he is rushing you that fast . I would only go to him for the Pap exam if i am stuck and there is no other Dr .
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1549159
28/09/11 5 3 5 5 Dr. Dunn absolutely the best OBGYN. He is intelligent, thoughtful, and most importantly, caring. He helped my husband and me get through two very devastating miscarriages and saw us through to the birth of our healthy baby girl. Dr. Dunn made sure I received the best care and made sure to settle any fears I had along the way. He takes the time to answer all of my questions no matter how long it takes. His explanations are detailed and very clear. While very serious about his work, he is able to interject humor to make office visits fun and entertaining. I have recommended Dr. Dunn to others, and they all love him. There is no doubt that he truly cares about his patients. Dr. Dunn and his staff are absolutely the best!
RID: 1436541
09/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Dunn was definitely helpful and there for us throughout my pregnancy. The only downfall was that he was not there to deliver our baby and we had a less than pleasant experience upon delivery of our beautiful, healthy child.
RID: 1420647
19/04/11 4 5 5 5 Dr Jonathan Dunn is outstanding and we could not have been happier with the way he helped us with both my pregnancies. I had 2 C Sections and we believe both went well and we have 2 healthy girls as the result of the care he gave me during the pregnancy. He provides great informaiton when you have to make choices about prenatal testing, he does a great job explaining various things that arise and he takes fantastic care of his patients. I was a "high risk" pregnancy being over 35 and his care lead to us having 2 healthy girls via C Section. We appreciate all the time, support and information he provided us during both pregnancies.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1396631
24/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Dunn delivered our two children via c-section and from start to finish the experience was great. Office visits are pleasant and we always leave feeling informed, relaxed and HAPPY. This doctor is funny, serious and skilled. We lived close to the office for our first child but drive an hour (more in traffic)to use his services. As you know- office visits are frequent near the end of a pregnancy and we did it just to keep this doctor. Bottom line here is that Dr. Dunn is a great doctor and I suggest you work hard to get this doc...
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 1381467
07/03/11 5 5 5 5 Very happy with Dr Dunn & his office.I have been going to him for years and will continue.
RID: 1318625
21/12/10 5 5 5 5 I won't hesitate to recommend Dr Dunn to my friends, because:1. He has great patience, always explain everything clearly until I understand (English is my 2nd language). 2. He does the check VERY gentle, almost no pain, and he always watch for your feel and try to limit the uncomfortableness. 3. He is cheerful and warm, which makes every OB visit a pleasant experience for mom and baby. 4. I happen to have him on call when my baby was born. He did a wonderful job. I got 3rd degree tear after a 8 lbs born in a short time, he stitched it very carefully, for an hour, and the tear healed so well. I feel I am lucky to have him as my OB.  Respond
RID: 1255483
21/09/10 5 4 5 5 I came to Dr. Dunn as a referral from a co-worker after seeing another Dr. for my first pregnancy. I'm so glad I switched. The office staff, reception, and nurses are very nice. Dr. Dunn himself was always kind, gentle and willing to answer all questions without making me feel like he had to rush off to the next room. Unfortunatley we went into labor on his off-call day but he was on-call the following day and came to check on us. He was an awesome Dr. from the first visit, through to the hospital visit and the after care. Looking forward to seeing him annually and for future births.
RID: 1202607
06/07/10 5 4 5 5 He cared for me through both of my pregnancies, one easy and one challenging. Dr. Dunn has a gentle bedside manner and is never rushed during visits or exams. He is willing to answer all questions and explain what is to come. During my second pregnancy my blood levels fell into a critical range Dr. Dunn took immediate action to have my baby and myself seen by specialists to insure my safety and that of my unborn child. Dr. Dunn respects the wishes of his patients and will do anything in his power to assist with individual birth plans. His office and nursing staffs are always courteous and efficient. Yes there can be a wait to see Dr. Dunn but he is worth the wait. I feel the wait is due to his desire to spend quality time with each patient to ensure the best care. I love Dr. Dunn and am truly grateful for his knowledge and care during my pregnancies. I truly believe I delivered healthy daughters because the care I received from Dr. Dunn.
RID: 960240
11/08/09 5 4 5 5 I was lucky enough to have Dr. Dunn deliver both my son and daughter. In my son's case, Dr. Dunn's quick thinking and expert technique probably prevented considerable fetal distress and saved me from a C-section. His expertise made my daughter's delivery stress-free and easy. A scientist myself, I do my own research and question doctors thoroughly, something that Dr. Dunn seemed to appreciate, and he took extra time to ensure all of my questions were answered. He and his staff are the BEST!  Respond
RID: 957490
07/08/09 5 4 5 5 He is hands down the best doctor in the world. My husband and I equally appreciate the extra special attention he has always given us during some difficult times. Have to include his nurse Chris in the compliments. I will never change doctors as long as he is practicing.
RID: 782504
05/02/09 5 4 5 5 Phenomenal doctor and individual! I agree 100% with the other raters - he truly cares about his patients. He take his time with you and respects your wishes. I'm only sorry he wasnt able to deliver my daughter. I was very very satisfied with the prenatal care I received from him and the staff.
RID: 636516
11/07/08 5 3 5 5 He cares about all questions, he takes the time to answer them.
RID: 576555
27/04/08 5 4 5 5 Very personable, passionate, caring, and listens to patients concerns. This is the best OB//GYN in the area. All you need to do is meet him and you will be quickly convinced that he is a truly great and caring physician.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 51621
20/10/06 4 5 5 Takes time to answer questions and treats you as an individual, not just another patient. His nurses are equally helpful and pleasant.
Insurance: HealthPartners