Rate Dr. Dmitry M. Arbuck

Dr. Dmitry M. Arbuck's Ratings

My lower back pain and bursitis had been well managed for years on a combination of narcotics, PT, NSAIDs and muscle relaxers. I never abused these drugs. I was really happy to find Meridian Health Group and enjoyed them for three months. Then, I was told by Karin Clary that I should go on suboxone and I got very wary very fast. Why change a protocol that worked? I said I'd think about it, went home and did research. I could not believe what I was reading! This is a drug foraddicts and anybody reading my medical file would think I was a heroin addict. Medical records are not private. Prospective employers can view them (if you sign away your rights) and if I were to run for office it could easily be found that I was taking a drug for heroin addicts. I met with Dr. Arbuck and he barely got his pitch out of his mouth before I said "I am not taking this drug." I then listed the reasons why, including that my protocol was working fine. I think he was shocked by my assertive - but polite - tone of voice. I went to another PA there, whom I absolutely loved, and she really listened to me. I had to see Karin because my other PA was booked and once again Suboxone was pitched as an option. I said "No. I already talked to Dr. Arbuck. I'm not taking it." She gave me the stink eye and started to talk about addiction and I just reiterated that I never abused my meds. I didn't run out early; I didn't call in for more; and I was taking them as prescribed. I could tell she wasn't happy about it but I didn't care. There was definitely an order from on high to push Suboxone. No doubt about it. Do your research. Drugs.com even says "Suboxone is used to treat narcotic (opiate) addiction. It is not for use as a pain medication."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Some folks seem to like Arbuck n some dont, we r having our doubts, been under his care 4 about 6 months. They seem to be more into anti depressants for most everything, like a miracle cure of sorts. My wife is taking suboxon for pain which does seem to help some but the side effects like sweating n dizziness are a bit over whelming, not to mention seraquel supposed to help her sleep but the side effects of it is sweat n dizziness as well, a double whammy, we tell the droctor this but are basically ignored n forces her to keep taking them instead of trying something else at her request, simply put they r treating her like an addict instead of listening to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

The most arrogant doctor I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Don't waste your time at Indiana Polyclinic.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2533741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

I have chronic migraines, which means a headache every day for more than five years. By the time I got to Dr. Arbuck's clinic, I thought I had tried EVERYTHING. But, he and his staff have patiently worked to find solutions (medications, therapies, infusions) that have finally given me a bit of relief. I know they care about me and my quality of life. They constantly are researching new treatment options and are very helpful. I'm grateful they are giving me options that are not narcotics to improve my life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2484710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

I had a lumbar fusion-back surgery in 97'(@17yrs.old) which failed to fuse leaving me to endure chronic, and often debilitating pain. He and nurse prac.,Karen Cleary were AMAZINGLY HELPFUL and UNDERSTANDING to my situation.I was placed on Methadone&Loratab(PRN)for chronic pain.At one time I decided that I was no longer comfortable taking such a lg. dose of methadone& as soon as I had voiced this concern,we worked as a team,to adjust said medication w/o HESITATION.After we got my pain to a bearable state I was seen every 2months and most often by Karen.I can not stress enough how great they both were to me.They never treated me like a drug addict,as some reviewers had stated.I ALWAYS felt like they GENUINELY CARED&done their VERY BEST to assist my needs.I was REALLY AMAZED to find Dr. Arbucks overall rating low because I never experienced anything but the very BEST CARE on EVERY VISIT.I would not have left, had they been closer to my home.I will miss him&the WONDERFUL staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2457789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1936772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1936771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

He told me my back pain was all in my head, and that if it got worse it was my fault, and that I drink away the pain. He proceded to presecribe the lowest possible dose of meds for more than a year with no breakthrough meds, while I suffered daily, and forced me to attend psychotherapy and physical therapy for the umteenth time (all unsuccessful). Then I missed an appointment while on vacation, and got a certified letter that they droppped me as a patient for "noncompliance". To rub it in, they refused to return my calls, and waited more than six weeks to transfer my medical records. And yes, twice he tried to lock me up in his loony ward but I refused. I thought for the longest time that he cared, but now I have my answer.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1936766].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 16, 2012

Do not let him hospitalize you for pain mgt. Do not let him treat you period. You are put in a pysch ward and treated for drug addition and severe depression, when neither apply. Anyone with Chronic Pain knows that there is some depression, but not enough to be put in a psych ward. All they do is keep you so sedated you don't even know where you are. Please, seek someone other than this doctor for your pain mgt. Another BIG MINUS is his billing manager...very RUDE.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1936765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2011

Dr. Arbuck thinks its ok to take suboxone forever once you get started. Its more potent than the drugs you come in to get help for. I think if the patient wants off then the doctor needs to support that. and not support it by giving a drug that would do nothing more than to make your wd's milder. It doenst tackle the other issuse that come with withdrawal. Like anxiety , sleep, restless legs. He is all about pushing suboxone on everyone. he gets paid to sell the drug and he gets paid for us to keep coming back. total jerk, doesnt listen to your problems. Not personal, no trust,,,,and the analogies he uses aren't even relative to the real topic. In a nutshell....you will be treated like a criminal and then tell you everything you know or think is wrong....and then leave with suboxone not knowing how addicting the drug really is.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1936764].votes_count ]]