Rate Dr. Harris Yee

Dr. Harris Yee's Ratings

Dr. Yee and his staff should give lessons to other specialists and their office staff on how to do it right. From the very first contact, I was treated kindly and respectfully by Dr. Yee's staff. Dr. Yee was a delight. He was knowledgeable, engaged, asked lots of insightful questions, and followed the threads. I felt thoroughly "examined" for the first time.......well, ever. He is simply the best. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr. Yee was wonderful. My son and I don't live in Calgary and not only did we get lost in traffic, we didn't realize we were in a new time zone. He and his staff were fantastic and he stayed past closing to complete our appointment. The next day he requested some blood work from my son, suspecting the rare condition we had was also being complicated by another type of are ccondition. It was a huge relief to finally get a proper diagnosis and have some of our concerns addressed and questions answered, especially after spending the last 24 years wondering why my son and I had so many common health issues. We were even told it was all in our heads and to suck it up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Secretary called me with an opening from a cancelation, when I missed my first appointment due to navigational error, so I wouldn't have to wait another month. Nice people in this office. His appointments ran 1/2 hour off but when you need answers does it really matter? Buffer your day to account for him. It's worth it.

For my particular problem he let me know I didn't qualify for testing but my cousin may. Gave me contacts for geneticists in Edmonton for her.

When asked is there something else that could be causing my symptoms it's the first time I've heard the word, Yes. A simple blood test. For someone suffering with unexplained symptoms it is a relief to be listened too and taken seriously. A one hour appointment is great. He takes all the information and asks for more.

One of the few Doctor's I have visited in Calgary that I actually respected and liked as a person. Wisdom without ego.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

I had my first appointment with Dr. Yee today and he was amazing. He was so helping, caring and understanding. He asked questions and listened to every word I had to say, I could tell he really did care about me and my family and wanted to help. Keep up the great work and I cant wait for my follow up appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Best doctor I have ever met, was able to get an appointment quickly. He was knowledgeable, easy to understand, took the time to meet and assess my whole family. Best of all, he was able to finally give me a proper diagnosis! Like another person posted, while he can not 'treat' you per se, he can make recommendations to your family doctor and he offered to follow up in a years time. It was refreshing to meet him after a long couple of years of discouraging doctors who figured my illness was all in my head. He is indeed funny as others have mentioned. He joked so much that when he told me a fact about himself, I thought he was kidding throughout the whole appointment because he seemed to kid about a lot. This was not your typical doctor's appointment. Worth the ten hour drive to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][13813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

What a gem of a doctor. When I was first referred to him, I was still asymptomatic from my connective tissue disorder (diagnosed in the UK), but he still sent me for the appropriate monitoring tests. As my health began to fail suddenly and quickly over the past couple of years, he increased the amount of support and care I needed, as I needed it, and referred me to other specialists whom he think might help. Funny guy. A bit on the ADHD side, so his punctuality could improve, but not a biggie. Excellent bedside manners, knowledgeable, takes extremely complete medical history (my appt usually lasts 1-2 hours), answered ALL my questions and above all ultra compassionate. God bless him and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][13815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

What a great medical practice this is. Excellent staff, and Dr. Yee is very intuitive about when to be serious and when to add some needed comic relief. I appreciated that he took time to really treat me and my genes like he really cared about what my family was going through. He's respectful, and never arrogant, and treated me like I had a brain! Amazing to find a REAL humanitarian in a specialist of this calibre. Very impressed, and am recommending all my family members see him for genetic testing/counselling. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][13814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

Dr. Yee is a Geneticist in Calgary who actually takes the time to listen. Even if there is not much he can do he will tell you and monitor and do what he CAN. He doesn't treat you like its all in your head. He is also very funny and relaxed making appointments with him very unstressful. if a geneticist is needed and you get the option see this one you will not regret it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][13812].votes_count ]]